It's time to start digging up those Squirrelled Nuts!!!!

Options

Comments

• badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,247 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Sea_Shell wrote: »
    Just had our Water Bill come. We only average about 70m3 per year (for 2 adults).

We were paying £29 pm, but as we're slightly in credit they're dropping this to £27 per month. Yay!!
    Our water bill has gradually come down to £22 a month now there are just two of us. The departure of our Son was the main thing that caused the economy. Come to think of it, he has house-sat for us for a month this year so it might go back up!
    westv wrote: »
    £26 a month is what the two of us pay for water too.

Apologies for slight derail of thread - but this is MSE

2 of us in 4 bed detached with swimming pool & fish pond which need regular part emptying (pool) & topping up (both). Both were here when we bought house.

On water meter with Severn Trent - total annual bills
    2018 £191
    2017 £162
    2016 £179

20 years ago before we moved, non metered without pool & pond we were paying around £330 pa

Depending on house size, & location, it might be worth investigating a metered supply?
  • Sea_Shell
    Sea_Shell Posts: 9,463 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 15 September 2019 at 4:04PM
    Options
    We ARE on a meter! It's Anglian Water.

They state "average" usage on the bill, for comparison and we're at the top end for ONE person.

How much in cubic metres do you use?

Do you have soakaway drainage, so get a reduction for sewerage?

We get charged 90% usage for sewerage, because all our waste water goes into public sewers (they assume you consume/use 10%, that doesn't make it to the sewer)
    How's it going, AKA, Nutwatch? - 12 month spends to date = 2.38% of current retirement "pot" (as at end April 2024)
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Yep, singleton use of £24 per month, I'm on a meter too. 20 years ago, my bill was £44 per month, it dropped to £15 per month when I first went on a meter.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,247 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    We ARE on a meter! It's Anglian Water.

They state "average" usage on the bill, for comparison and we're at the top end for ONE person.

How much in cubic metres do you use?

Do you have soakaway drainage and get a reduction for sewerage? We get charged 90% usage for sewerage.
    Karmacat wrote: »
    Yep, singleton use of £24 per month, I'm on a meter too. 20 years ago, my bill was £44 per month, it dropped to £15 per month when I first went on a meter.

WOW

Nothing on bill about soakaway or reduction for sewerage.

April to Oct 2018 39 cubic metres
    Oct to April 2019 20 cubic metres

I guess we're doing pretty well:)
  • Sea_Shell
    Options
    badger09 wrote: »
    WOW

Maybe you just don't wash!!!;):D
    How's it going, AKA, Nutwatch? - 12 month spends to date = 2.38% of current retirement "pot" (as at end April 2024)
  • westv
    westv Posts: 6,092 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    badger09 wrote: »
    WOW

So your waste water all goes into the public sewer?
  • Terron
    Terron Posts: 846 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I switched to a meter a few years ago and it halved my bills.

I now need to finish getting my bathroom redone and the tap that has been leaking every since I moved in replaced . Unfortunately the builder friend who was doing it had an accident in his garden and hasn't been able to work on it for a year.
  • shinytop
    shinytop Posts: 2,101 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Karmacat wrote: »
    I think I'm missing out. I'm still on fixed and paying well over £40 pm for two of us. Selling up now so no point in changing
  • Sea_Shell
    Options
    I've started "Operation Clearout" today and gone through my wardrobe and sorted into KEEP (winter season), KEEP (pack away, summer), SELL (probably on Facebook) and CHARITY (we have a cash-for-clothes near us)

Will start listing items when we get back from our next trip.

I've got a few bits from Monsoon, Next and a pair of nearly new Sketchers ....from my pre-primark, double income days!!
  • atush
    atush Posts: 18,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Standard varnish is just for my toes!! I use UV gel for my fingers. I do have those buffing blocks too and use them between gel manicures, as I like to give my nails a "rest" for a week or so in between.

I too use standard for my toes and UV gel for my fingers. find a standard manicure wont last more than a week, while a UV gel can last a month.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback