It's time to start digging up those Squirrelled Nuts!!!!

Options

Comments

• atush
    atush Posts: 18,726 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sea_Shell wrote: »
    I've started "Operation Clearout" today and gone through my wardrobe and sorted into KEEP (winter season), KEEP (pack away, summer), SELL (probably on Facebook) and CHARITY (we have a cash-for-clothes near us)

Will start listing items when we get back from our next trip.

I've got a few bits from Monsoon, Next and a pair of nearly new Sketchers ....from my pre-primark, double income days!!

Funnily enough, i have started this. Got 3 big bags of clothes, 3 boxes of books and 3 mens suits to go to charity shop. already did one of the twins closet, going to do the others (who only moved out a month ago) next. Then start on mine (yikes lol).

Me and twin2 might have things worth selling, the rest will be charity shop. Also need to get stuff for the amenity center such as old suitcases, furniture, kitchen stuff etc,
  • Sea_Shell
    Sea_Shell Posts: 9,408 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I went to the outdoor gym this morning, and for the first time (for a VERY long time) was able to support my whole weight hanging from an overhead bar, without almost dislocating my shoulders!! I'm not anywhere near doing chin-ups yet, but I'm going to try and improve week on week.

My running has been coming on great too, and now I'm regularly getting my pace under 10m/m on runs of 5-7miles!!

I feel the fittest I've been for many years!!! This retirement malarkey is good for you!!!
    How's it going, AKA, Nutwatch? - 12 month spends to date = 2.31% of current retirement "pot" (as at end March 2024)
  • Sea_Shell
    Options
    This morning is "Operation clean conservatory roof". I shall mainly have the role of bucket handler, ladder holder, gopher and tea maker.

It's a glass roof, but it's supposed "self cleaning" coating isn't cutting it after 10 years up there. It'll look lovely once it's done.
    How's it going, AKA, Nutwatch? - 12 month spends to date = 2.31% of current retirement "pot" (as at end March 2024)
  • cfw1994
    cfw1994 Posts: 1,878 Forumite
    Hung up my suit! First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    This morning is "Operation clean conservatory roof". I shall mainly have the role of bucket handler, ladder holder, gopher and tea maker.

It's a glass roof, but it's supposed "self cleaning" coating isn't cutting it after 10 years up there. It'll look lovely once it's done.

Funnily enough, that (& the solar panels) were my job on Sunday.
    We have an “orangery-style” sunroom, which means I can walk carefully on it...but the 7m lantern roof does take some washing :eek:

Makes it easy to do the upstairs windows there....& then come the 18 solar panels, with an extending brush.

I do them twice a year, and each time my body aches afterwards for days - I think the extending pole uses muscles that are otherwise dormant :rotfl:

Does look different once done though :T

Nice weather for it though :cool:
    Plan for tomorrow, enjoy today!
  • JoeEngland
    Options
    I went to the outdoor gym this morning, and for the first time (for a VERY long time) was able to support my whole weight hanging from an overhead bar, without almost dislocating my shoulders!! I'm not anywhere near doing chin-ups yet, but I'm going to try and improve week on week.

My running has been coming on great too, and now I'm regularly getting my pace under 10m/m on runs of 5-7miles!!

I feel the fittest I've been for many years!!! This retirement malarkey is good for you!!!

It is indeed. Now retired I use our exercise bike more often, can go out for longer walks (I used to do a 30 min walk during lunchtime when working) and am more physically active doing jobs in the house and garden.
  • Sea_Shell
    Options
    Looking out the window this morning....I think a duvet day is in order!!!
  • Suffolk_lass
    Options
    Lucky you! I have some dog-walking to do today (for a couple of neighbours) and a Christmas temporary part time job interview - I want to pay a bit of NI in this contribution year and I want to give DH a bit of space to relax into retirement (and regain some of the energy he is missing while getting used to the new role!). I am finding his PJs at ten slightly frustrating but sucking it up, currently. He knows we have a list...
    Save £12k in 2024 - #2 target is £5000 only £798.34 so far
    OS Grocery Challenge 2024 31.1% spent or £932.98/£3,000 annual
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
  • Sea_Shell
    Options
    We did get up and dressed... eventually.

We've spent the morning having a paperwork clearout. We now have a shredding mountain!!
  • enthusiasticsaver
    Options

Thoroughly agree. Having time to exercise now I am retired is paying off big time in terms of fitness. I have been walking the South West Coast Path over this summer usually from about 6-12 miles at least once a week and mostly up and downhill obviously. I can now walk up a fairly steep hill relatively quickly without stopping or getting out of breath. I could not do that whilst working. No time or energy.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • MallyGirl
    MallyGirl Posts: 6,627 Senior Ambassador
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    have a bonfire - its cold and wet so as safe as they get. I have one of those incinerators metal bins after killing a couple of shredders
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback