PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

2019 - A Clutter Free Life

Options

Comments

• short_bird
    short_bird Posts: 3,674 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Dropped into Sainsbobs on the way back from the surgery nurse. Wandered past some folks exclaiming about the boxes of crackers now reduced to 60p. And there were some of the posher crackers down to £1.10 for 6.

Nope, they're still in the shop. A small voice in my head piped up: "But you could save them for next year..." And I thought yes, that's how I got here in the first place!!! :rotfl:
    Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings, and call off Christmas.
  • Chrystal
    Chrystal Posts: 1,852 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Count me in please.
    I've got a house that needs clearing from top to bottom, but I think the first thing I need to try and clear is my thought process!! I'm full of good intentions that never get followed through and the state of things is really getting to me.
    We're hoping to be moving later in the year so I've GOT to make an effort... wish me luck.
    I Believe.....
    That it isn't always enough, to be forgiven by others.
    Sometimes, you have to learn to forgive yourself.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
    Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.

happiness isn't achieved by getting extra things,
    but by getting rid of the things that make you unhappy
  • red0209
    red0209 Posts: 125 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have a few unnecessary items laying around, most of which would have some use to someone. I think my plan is to put them on eBay steadily, maybe put 5 things up for sale a couple of times per week. Actually getting started on this is harder than it sounds as it is so easy to put off!
  • Wednesday2000
    Wednesday2000 Posts: 7,365 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options

Watched all of the Marie Kondo show on NF and the drawers I sorted out have folded my clothes back in there how she does it. They look so much better!! And I can see everything so can choose what I want to wear so much easier.

I paused the episode I was watching and went upstairs and redid my drawers yesterday. They do look so much better:D
  • CAFCGirl
    CAFCGirl Posts: 9,122 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Box full of poster paints, sponges and stamped (35 items in total) also left the house.

It's quite addictive really.
    I have a feeling if I stopped for a day, I'd lose the momentum LOL
    Manifesting Abundance in 2023
    Fashion On The Ration 2023 36/66
  • sweetpea26
    sweetpea26 Posts: 831 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Rampant Recycler
    Options
    apologies for posting twice in a matter of hours :):):)

I'm on a roll. I have unpacked Christmas presents and disposed of all packaging in recycling bin. In my little back bathroom I have a corner cupboard. Opened it and seen stuff I didn't even remember having! Hand creams into another bag filling up to be donated, old packets and bottles chucked into recycling.

In kitchen I found a few empty jars and they have also been added to recycling. I have decided that a 5ft Christmas tree is not hibernating this year in our eaves :) Its fibre optic and I just have never liked it since I bought it 2 years ago. Its in perfect condition so will be heading to charity shop at start of week.

Have opened windows in most rooms for a while...I know its freezing but the cold air is really fresh. Will close them shortly before it gets dark.

Hit the larder and a few empty bottles etc were recycled. Good to write it all down .... makes me feel like I am making progress.

My dream is to hit the attic eaves...there are clothes from the 80's in there and my daughter wants them :) Ohh to be a size 10 again.!
  • CAFCGirl
    CAFCGirl Posts: 9,122 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I know that feeling, red :o

There is some satisfaction to be had when things start shifting, which is keeping me, motivated :D

Exactly that.
    The weight you didn't know you were carrying lifts as it leaves the house. Almost like a buzz....
    Manifesting Abundance in 2023
    Fashion On The Ration 2023 36/66
  • Ginmonster
    Ginmonster Posts: 617 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    More progress today :

About 5 empty shower gel bottles recycled (I gave up waiting for hubby to do it - they were all his)
    A load of old make up that I never use has been binned
    Sorted another 2 bags of kids clothes, books and jewellery for charity shop
    Recycled tons of the 6 year old's artwork
    Packed away the Christmas decorations

I nearly forgot - we 'decluttered' the last of the Christmas pud today too - yum! 😀

We're all doing well - let's keep the momentum up!
  • Bozwood
    Bozwood Posts: 216 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Had a go at the kitchen got rid of a carrier bag of rubbish and cleaned it I have got lots of things I don’t use very much. Not sure if to get rid but at the moment it all fits in the cupboards I will have a think.
  • sweetpea26
    sweetpea26 Posts: 831 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Rampant Recycler
    Options
    CAFCGirl wrote: »
    Exactly that.
    The weight you didn't know you were carrying lifts as it leaves the house. Almost like a buzz....

Thats how I felt earlier. I feel ruthless !
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure