Changing for good!

Options

Comments

• SavingAFuture
    Options
    Definitely don't beat yourself up.
    Draw a line under it and start again.
    There is more than one path from A to B.
    Good luck with your new budget x
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Thank you :)
    I have potentially made £7/£8 from website testing today if it gets approved, if I can do a couple of those per week that's more money to debt payments/EF :)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Well my first website test has been approved as I am getting notified about more tests available so that's good :) means I will have £7/£8 being paid to me next Friday for the one I did today :)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Another user test completed this morning, mobile one this time.

I'm happy with this so far as the first one I did took about 7 minutes so doing that worked out at £1 per minute, the mobile one I did today was no more than 5 minutes and they're quite enjoyable to do and good value for the time spent, so far anyway :)

OH has confirmed he wants to be in a new rented place by xmas and wants me with him so currently staring at all the stuff in my room and realising how much I don't want or need to take with me, so the next few weeks is going to be a hurricane of taking stuff to Charity shops and also selling what I can!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    One big bag of stuff already taken to the charity shop and loads of their bags picked up to fill - a whole drawer of makeup now condensed to a single makeup bag - all duplicates and shades I don't like removed!

I have a small pile of random products to work through, so currently sat with some foot moisturising socks on whilst trying various shades of nail polish on different fingernails :rotfl:

The plan is to do an hour or two a few times a week focusing on a different drawers/cupboards, and it should make light(er) work than trying to do mammoth sessions of decluttering.

Feeling very chilled, happy, and positive this evening and hopeful about the future :)
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,292 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Found you :)

Glad that you are feeling chilled, happy, positive & happy :)

Keep going.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hi beanielou :hello:

Not much to report so far today, caved in and purchased an umbrella from Asda as I'm sick of getting soaked walking to my car, so not the NSD I was hoping for.

I will however hopefully have someone collecting an item I am selling tomorrow, and that money will be put to one side to repay my nan the £100 remaining balance on the money she lent me, rather than £50 this payday and £50 next payday. It will be good to have a whole debt ticked off.

Pleased with how my foot is holding up following my last phsyio (it's a sports injury clinic I attend but that's more effort to type out) and whilst some discomfort/pain has come back in the days since I went, it's not fully come back since my appointment like it usually does. I have to do ankle mobility and strengthening exercises everyday, and he does deep tissue massage to help on the tendons between my toes that aren't moving as they should. The combination should help fix my tendon damage :)
    He is sure I will be running again by the end of the year which will mean I will have had nearly a whole year out, but by the end of the year is sooner than I was expecting so that makes me happy :)

Home after work to continue sifting through the millions of items I own to decide if I am going to donate/sell/bin. Strangely, I am enjoying it!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Another positive day again today! :j

OH went to view a house yesterday that he really likes, so is going to fill in the application forms today. If all goes well, we will be living together in the new house in 6 weeks time :)

I have done another User Test this morning, hoping they all get approved as I got the feedback on my first one that it was rushed, the second one I did even quicker but it was for an app and the tasks were easy so I got through them quickly, if all 3 get approved that's around £23.00 made so far. If I can do 3 more by the 24th of October, I will basically have the money to have repaid my Nan in full, just from user testing.

Still waiting on surveys to be approved that have been sat there for a while, so basically a waiting game for everything at the minute, but at least I know it's coming :)

I need to buy a 16th birthday gift for my sister out of next months budget, but she has asked just for something small as I am driving 100 miles to go and see her for her birthday so she isn't expecting a big present on top of that.

I can't believe it's only Tuesday it feels like it should definitely be Thursday by now :rotfl:
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    The item I sold online did not get collected yesterday, they have said they are coming today so I will be able to put that money aside and repay my Nan in full from that, and then the money I get from the user tests can be put aside into my NW account to decide what to do with at the end of the month, although it will probably go into savings for for this month as I had to take some out earlier in the month.

The decluttering is going well at home, two more small bags of rubbish cleared out last night, I have now gone through 6 x drawers and a bag of stuff that has always been hanging from my cupboard door has now disappeared too. The plan tonight is to go through another couple of small drawers, which will then just leave me one big drawer and the cupboard of doom to clutter. I have a small storage box by the side of my bed that needs sorting through but I can't imagine I'll keep much from that, it hasn't been opened in about a year. :o

All in good time too as OH is just waiting on his current landlord and employer references for the new place, shouldn't take too long, landlord is abroad but knows that he will be called for a reference so fingers crossed it will happen quickly.

Homemade chilli for dinner when I get home tonight which I made yesterday, very much looking forward to that! :j
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    You have inspired me to tackle my wardrobe. Thanks :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills