BEWARE!!! PARCEL2GO.com (.CON) IS A DISHONEST COMPANY!!!!!!

Options

Comments

• Alonsoamg
    Options
    AWFRONT wrote: »
    Reading online for many shocking stories about the fraudulent and dishonest practices of Parcel2go.com made me think that I am not the only one to be conned by this fraudulent company.

I have used this company in the past, at least 2 times for low value items where their £20 base compensation amount would suffice but on my last experience I used them to carry an item of higher value and that is where things started unfolding.

As a parcel broker, I though they are just brokers like travel agencies but I was wrong because the moment you purchase a delivery slot through their company with one of the main shipping agents such as UPS, DHL, TNT, Royal Mail, Parcel Force, YODEL and many others, you cease to be the sender of the package as they are the sender/shipper so the actual shipping companies don’t want to know you and always refer you to the fraudsters at Parcel2Go.com.
    For my most recent service request, I booked a collection through Parcel2Go via UPS late October with next day delivery on 1st November for a printer I purchased from eBay and the seller kindly agreed to allow me to organise collection at my own cost through my own courier of choice. 1st November came and late in the afternoon, the UPS delivery driver arrived at the delivery address and rang the bell to state that he has a parcel for us but to my surprise, moments later he stated that the parcel in question was not my one and that my parcel would follow on the next delivery. I could clearly see my parcel in the back of his van with exactly the same box, make and model of the item ready to be unloaded but the packaging appeared to have been tampered with. After the driver stated that he actually has 3 more of the same boxes in his van and that my one would be delivered on the next delivery, I took his word for it and let him go but here I was wrong because that was indeed my package. (I am taking this matter with the UPS on a separate complaint and will also address this issue with the driver in question in due course) This is where things get even uglier by the day.
    I contacted Parcel2Go via chat after that day passed and no delivery took place the same day or the next day or the day or week after. They started a so-called investigation. During this time the tracking details for my parcel were updated to state that my parcel was incorrectly sorted and then days later it was updated to state that my parcel was now damaged. I made countless calls to UPS and made countless chat contacts with Parcel2Go.com to ensure that regardless of the damage to my parcel every effort was made to return my parcel to the address on the shipping label. Whilst the fraudsters at Parcel2Go claimed that they were making call and sent emails to UPS to request that the parcel would be returned to the original delivery address, UPS was telling me to go back to Parcel2Go as they are their customer not myself and that they are the official shipper not myself even though I booked the collection and I am the recipient of the parcel. UPS was able to confirm on numerous calls that Parcel2Go was not telling the truth about the state of my parcel and that due to confidentiality reasons they urged me to go back to them but they kept on apologising day after day without offering any concrete solution. UPS agents did however confirm that Parcel2Go did not make any contacts with them regarding a request to allow my parcel to continue its journey to the original delivery address. Clearly Parcel2Go agents acted dishonestly and gave me incorrect information on every occasion.

I recorded all my phone conversations with UPS and have kept all the chat logs with Parcel2Go in case the matter escalates. I am now glad I did because things took another turn from bad to worse.

Following many contacts with UPS and Parcel2Go, I was then told that UPS could not return my parcel to my address and that it had to go back to the sender (Parcel2Go warehouse). I was then given numerous assurances by Parcel2Go that my parcel, regardless of its state would then be returned to my address. Subsequently, I was told by UPS that the parcel was indeed sent to Parcel2Go and then during another live chat session, the agent from Parcel2Go did confirm that the parcel was at their warehouse and that it would be returned to my original delivery address as agreed.
    By this time, as per their claims process, my claim for damage in transit was settled with an offer of £20+shipping fees but here is when things got worse. After 2 weeks passed since my last contact and the promise of return of my parcel (as recorded on chat logs), during one live chat where I queried what was happening, this time I was told that my parcel is now lost in transit. I challenged them but they kept on giving me scripted excuses, apologies but no concrete response. I was very shocked and complained to their claims department but they kept on stating that as my original claim for the damage in transit was settled there was nothing else they could do.
    Reading online, I now realise that, their practice is to find excuses to retain high value items to then sell off for profit. Because they have non-disclosure agreement with the courier company, the customer is always sent back to Parcel2Go and the courier does not accept any liability. It appears they are now holding onto my package and just because I did not take any insurance for it, they are trying their ugliest to retain the package for profit later.

I am giving you a brief account of my experience here but, in between the sequence of events there was lots of emails and chat contacts with these criminals working under the company name of Parcel2Go and each with different degrees of criminality and dishonesty as well as false promises about the actions they would take to resolve my issue.

In the end I wrote to their CEO and every other email address I could find because they don’t have a dedicated customer service call centre and all I get was a bunch of staff with fake aliases or accounts of what they will do to resolve my issue but no honest action on the problem.

As a result, I demanded for them to at least refund me the declared value of the item plus compensation for the stress and inconvenience caused for more than a month but they even failed to realise and acknowledge their underhanded practices aside from scripted apology lines. I am now convinced that if I had taken insurance for my parcel, I am sure they would have jumped upside down to get my parcel back to me and to find excuses to pay less or no compensation. Just because I did not take insurance, they are trying to take advantage of the situation like they have done with many other people.

I am very disgusted, angry and disappointed with authorities for allowing such a dishonest company to trade. They are professional con men with disgusting ways of dealing with customer complaints and have no regard for customer service. They should be banned from trading.

I gave up on dealing with them directly, so here is what I am planning to do with immediate effect;
    1. I will publish my story on every forum, website where there is concerns raised about these fraudsters so that others don’t fall into the same trap that I did.
    2. I will report this matter to the local trading standards in Bolton, the area where these criminals are registered,
    3. I will use social media to highlight the dangers of dealing with these dishonest companies and will name and shame each of their employees that are involved.
    4. I will log a complaint with ActionFraud to get the police involved in investigating these criminals
    5. I will initiate a Small Claims Court action to recover my losses.

I have sufficient evidence to sue them thanks to their chat logs and the UPS call records as well as emails but what will they have to defend themselves. Hope justice will be done to prevent these fraudsters from trading any longer.

More importantly eBay and other responsible companies should not allow the services/lack of Parcel2Go and the likes ever.

Listen to me! If you care for your parcels and your wellbeing do not deal with these fraudsters! Stay clear of this company at all costs. If you have been a victim then do not wait and put up with their crap, take the matter further and report to the relevant authorities and take action to recover your losses. Don’t be an easy target.

They switched my suitcase with items worth 2500 for one worth approx. 80. They will only give me 50 pounds compensation. Disgraceful.
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Alonsoamg wrote: »
    They switched my suitcase with items worth 2500 for one worth approx. 80. They will only give me 50 pounds compensation. Disgraceful.

You only chose £50 insurance,no?
  • stumymymy
    Options
    If i could i wouldn't give this company any stars absolutely appalling company and service would never recommend, i sent a parcel to be delivered to China at the beginning of June 2018 and parcel is still not delivered and don't think the insurance will help either that all falls away even if its their fault, now they are trying to charge me extra as please see email below "Thank you for your email. Any additional cover taken out at the time of booking is for loss or damage of a parcel, this does not cover if a parcel cannot be cleared through customs and is disposed of.
    As advised if the parcel cannot be cleared and delivered your options are to either return the parcel back to you or have it disposed of in which charges will apply for both options.
    The parcel is not lost or damaged and waiting to be cleared by your recipient.
    Please advise how you wish to proceed as the deadline has passed and the parcel can automatically be returned or disposed of at any time.
    Apologies for any inconvenience caused and I look forward to hearing from you"
    BE WARNED DON'T USE!!!
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,207 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    stumymymy wrote: »
    If i could i wouldn't give this company any stars absolutely appalling company and service would never recommend, i sent a parcel to be delivered to China at the beginning of June 2018 and parcel is still not delivered and don't think the insurance will help either that all falls away even if its their fault, now they are trying to charge me extra as please see email below "Thank you for your email. Any additional cover taken out at the time of booking is for loss or damage of a parcel, this does not cover if a parcel cannot be cleared through customs and is disposed of.
    As advised if the parcel cannot be cleared and delivered your options are to either return the parcel back to you or have it disposed of in which charges will apply for both options.
    The parcel is not lost or damaged and waiting to be cleared by your recipient.
    Please advise how you wish to proceed as the deadline has passed and the parcel can automatically be returned or disposed of at any time.
    Apologies for any inconvenience caused and I look forward to hearing from you"
    BE WARNED DON'T USE!!!

I think the email you have received clarifies everything? There are a lot of restrictions going overseas so you've either fallen foul of trying to send something that is not allowed in the country of destination or the recipient is refusing to pay to clear customs.

They state clearly " The parcel is not lost or damaged and waiting to be cleared by your recipient."

so if you want it back you need to pay extra for their costs in returning it to you, or allow them to dispose of it.

I'm not sure exactly what insurance you think would cover something not being able to get through customs due to either you sending something not allowed, or buyer refusing to pay?
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • mattyprice4004
    Options
    As above, Parcel2Go have done nothing wrong - if the recipient doesn't pay the Customs charges or provide the info that Customs have requested, the parcel won't be returned free of charge.
    Why should they? You paid for delivery to China, not the journey back to the UK if the Customs rules aren't followed.

Any other courier or broker would be in the exact same position. Pay up, encourage your recipient to pick the parcel up, or ask them to dispose of the item.
  • Pseudomax
    Options
    I purchased a service from Parcel2Go as a company that was fixing an AV Receiver for me was unable to do so for a price that was economical and they therefore agreed to supply me with the parts I needed to repair it (which was kind of them!!). These parts had to be ordered in from Europe, and the initial quoted time was a week, but due to some delays this became 2-3 weeks. As a consequence, I went onto Parcel2Go's website (as the service was managed via their website and not the courier's website) and changed the scheduled date of collection to 10 days later. I received confirmation of this change. Somehow, they did not adequately notify the courier and the AV Receiver was picked up but without the parts.

Since then I have realised what a shockingly poor company Parcel2Go are in terms of customer service. I have emailed them a number of times, each time they refused to actually acknowledge my complaint apart from telling me they had fulfilled the collection and delivery. They never acknowledged that they had not followed my instructions for the collection but rather have repeatedly told me that I should pay for a new collection instead.

There are no telephone lines to speak with anyone (no doubt intentionally so they can remain anonymous) and their 'Live Chat' never worked for the duration of the many times I went on looking to use it (at various times of the day).

Be warned, if anything goes wrong with your collection and delivery ... then throw the money away and start over!! My suggestion is look for a few competitors that are equally well priced and offer a more responsive customer service (like parcel monkey as one option).
  • wazza99
    wazza99 Posts: 370 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Similar experience here, purchasing the service was fine but all hopes of customer service after the event are zero, disjointed emails, live chat disappears, contact only via FB messenger and no phone lines, AVOID AT ALL COSTS IMO.
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,552 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Pseudomax wrote: »
    I purchased a service from Parcel2Go as a company that was fixing an AV Receiver for me was unable to do so for a price that was economical and they therefore agreed to supply me with the parts I needed to repair it (which was kind of them!!). These parts had to be ordered in from Europe, and the initial quoted time was a week, but due to some delays this became 2-3 weeks. As a consequence, I went onto Parcel2Go's website (as the service was managed via their website and not the courier's website) and changed the scheduled date of collection to 10 days later. I received confirmation of this change. Somehow, they did not adequately notify the courier and the AV Receiver was picked up but without the parts.

Since then I have realised what a shockingly poor company Parcel2Go are in terms of customer service. I have emailed them a number of times, each time they refused to actually acknowledge my complaint apart from telling me they had fulfilled the collection and delivery. They never acknowledged that they had not followed my instructions for the collection but rather have repeatedly told me that I should pay for a new collection instead.

There are no telephone lines to speak with anyone (no doubt intentionally so they can remain anonymous) and their 'Live Chat' never worked for the duration of the many times I went on looking to use it (at various times of the day).

Be warned, if anything goes wrong with your collection and delivery ... then throw the money away and start over!! My suggestion is look for a few competitors that are equally well priced and offer a more responsive customer service (like parcel monkey as one option).

Receiver picked up without the parts?? Wont that be the fault of the company supplying you the parts?
    The driver can only collect what they hand to him. If they gave him the parts then you would have them also.

So the shockingly poor company is the one your singing the praises of?
    Because they promised you parts and did not give them to the driver when collecting your package?
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• jjb21212121
    jjb21212121 Posts: 4 Newbie
    edited 21 December 2018 at 12:54PM
    Options
    Yes, Parcelcomapre / parcel2go / parcelhero are all operated by the same {Edited by Forum Team}.
    I have been subject to a {Edited by Forum Team} by these, specifically parcelcompare.

When I booked a parcel weighing 17kgs to be delivered, UPS delivered it no problem.
    It was a few weeks after, I received an email from parcelcompare stating my parcel was actually 60kgs! not 17kgs .... Lol?!
    Complete rubbish. we all know how heavy 60kgs is...you wouldn't be able to lift the damn thing up haha.

So, they told me they would take over 50 pounds (extra!) out of my bank account. ( total cost now was over 80 pounds now and the item was worth much less! )
    I challenged this, I asked for their proof.
    They couldn't no show me any proof because it was completely made up!
    Shortly after a heated exchange, I had over 50 pounds taken out of my bank account without my authorization! HOW?!

Well, here is where they {Edited by Forum Team} you..
    When you purchase their service, they enter you into a "pre paid agreement" but they don't tell you this of course! They tell you nothing!

They actually have access to your bank.
    They don't even need to show you proof in order to {Edited by Forum Team} your money.

I eventually got my money back! although it took a lot of persistence ( do not give up ) stress and was just not a nice experience at all dealing with them as they have NO CONTACT DETAILS, FAKE ADDRESSES, FAKE NAMES, OLD COMPANY NAMES...Only way to speak is on a pop up chat windows on their site, which is just useless..they cannot help you and just cut and paste reply's...Absolute disgrace.
    He is called {Edited by Forum Team}.
    I was very very angry.
    I got the money back after Paypal deemed it fraudulent.

They should not be in business, they should be in jail.

Anyone who sticks up for them or their practice, is deluded, go ahead and send a parcel with them then? See what happens.
    They are doing this on a daily basis, all you have to do is google "parcelcomapre reviews" and see the amount of similar scenarios.

Name and shame them! Before anyone else gets {Edited by Forum Team}.
    P.S - I cannot believe I have read on here people actually sticking up for them? You should be ashamed of your self's, honestly. {Edited by Forum Team} they continue to get away with it!
  • LadyDee
    LadyDee Posts: 4,293 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 6 November 2019 at 6:20PM
    Options
    Yes, Parcelcomapre / parcel2go / parcelhero are all operated by the same criminals.
    I have been subject to a scam by these, specifically parcelcompare.

When I booked a parcel weighing 17kgs to be delivered, UPS delivered it no problem.
    It was a few weeks after, I received an email from parcelcompare stating my parcel was actually 60kgs! not 17kgs .... Lol?!
    Complete rubbish. we all know how heavy 60kgs is...you wouldn't be able to lift the damn thing up haha.

So, they told me they would take over 50 pounds (extra!) out of my bank account. ( total cost now was over 80 pounds now and the item was worth much less! )
    I challenged this, I asked for their proof.
    They couldn't no show me any proof because it was completely made up!
    Shortly after a heated exchange, I had over 50 pounds taken out of my bank account without my authorization! HOW?!

Well, here is where they scam you..
    When you purchase their service, they enter you into a "pre paid agreement" but they don't tell you this of course! They tell you nothing!

They actually have access to your bank.
    They don't even need to show you proof in order to steal your money.

I eventually got my money back! although it took a lot of persistence ( do not give up ) stress and was just not a nice experience at all dealing with them as they have NO CONTACT DETAILS, FAKE ADDRESSES, FAKE NAMES, OLD COMPANY NAMES...Only way to speak is on a pop up chat windows on their site, which is just useless..they cannot help you and just cut and paste reply's...Absolute disgrace.
    He is called [Name removed by Forum Team]
    I was very very angry.
    I got the money back after Paypal deemed it fraudulent.

They should not be in business, they should be in jail.

Anyone who sticks up for them or their practice, is deluded, go ahead and send a parcel with them then? See what happens.
    They are doing this on a daily basis, all you have to do is google "parcelcomapre reviews" and see the amount of similar scenarios.

Name and shame them! Before anyone else gets conned.
    P.S - I cannot believe I have read on here people actually sticking up for them? You should be ashamed of your self's, honestly. People have been robbed and they continue to get away with it!

Why should people who have experienced no problems feel ashamed? That really is a very silly thing to say, and because a few people have experienced problems, neither does it mean that millions of others are deluded.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback