MSE Pregnancy Club 28

Options

Comments

• Munchkin84
    Options
    I started my mat leave at 35 weeks thinking it was far too early and I’d have loads of time to do stuff then had him at 37 weeks so glad I left when I did.
    Hope everyone is ok.
  • dawyldthing
    dawyldthing Posts: 3,438 Forumite
    Options
    I’m starting mat leave at 33 weeks as my job involves loads of walking and I’m struggling now so in 7 weeks time I dread to think what it will be like
    :T:T :beer: :beer::beer::beer: to the lil one :) :beer::beer::beer:
  • HopHop
    HopHop Posts: 89 Forumite
    Options
    Last day at work is on Friday and the inbox has increased in the last day so I'm starting to panic! I think Friday morning I'll just have to start forwarding on emails tbh.
  • dawyldthing
    dawyldthing Posts: 3,438 Forumite
    Options
    HopHop wrote: »
    Last day at work is on Friday and the inbox has increased in the last day so I'm starting to panic! I think Friday morning I'll just have to start forwarding on emails tbh.

Can you not set it so it’s automatic or set it where any emails that come through from now will get an automatic reply of ‘I’ll reply before 5pm Friday if I can, but if it is after this date can you please forward your email to x to deal with. Tia
    :T:T :beer: :beer::beer::beer: to the lil one :) :beer::beer::beer:
  • HopHop
    HopHop Posts: 89 Forumite
    Options
    Took your advice and I put my out of office on the other day saying that I'd be unlikely to deal with any new emails after that point. Finally got out at 6:30 this evening after I'd sent on about 40 emails and cleared my desk. Hasn't quite sunk in that I don't have to go back for another 5 months! :j
  • sarahj1986
    sarahj1986 Posts: 1,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Early delivery for us!

Monday night 14th started getting really bad pains under my ribs/top of womb area. Went into hospital and they gave me a whole heap of drugs before I could calm down and let them check me and baby over. My blood pressure was through the roof, protein in urine and bloods of my liver and kidneys showing they weren’t functioning properly.

Monitored through the night, as baby wasn’t in distress and my cervix was closed they prepped me for a general anaesthetic C section the following morning. As mentioned above my placenta was still low lying and anterior so that created a further issue. Hubby couldn’t come with me at all but could be in the recovery room.

I was taken in and put under while they got her out. The standard C section incision was given in the end despite my placenta. This did create problems for me, 2000ml blood loss to be exact. I came round and saw my husband and daughter. Her being 36 weeks exact was still classed as premature so was taken up to special care, sent my husband with her. I went into intensive care for 24 hours for monitoring and then onto a ward folllwing day.

She’s been discharged from special care, they did that yesterday as they were happy with her progress and I’d established breast feeding, despite being so ill I got her on the boob fully Saturday. Still on the main ward hoping to be discharged today.

I’ve not had a blood transfusion but they did talk about the possibility of it however my observations are improving enough to not need it. Got a load of iron tablets to take though.

Reading online I had preeclampsia with HELLP which is very rare and they told me I was lucky it started at 36 weeks and not 28 so she had a fighting chance.

I’m so grateful to those who saved us both
    :money::rotfl::T
  • Munchkin84
    Options
    Wow. Hope you’re both ok and recovering well. X
  • firebird082
    Options
    Oh my goodness Sarah, what a week! So glad you and baby are both well. Hope you get home soon. In case you don't know, iron tablets make you massively constipated - probably not quite so bad if not a vaginal birth, but worth upping pears/prunes etc to help!

Still waiting not-so-patiently here... 40+3 and counting. Went for accupunture yesterday as it's supposed to help. And failing all else, it helps with ripening the cervix, so should make induction less traumatic if that's where I end up on the 31st.
  • HappyLassie13
    Options
    I'm now 24 weeks + 2, is this the next group I should post in?
    i'm aware you are all way ahead of me, as ive been snooping for a little while.
    I had to attend my pregnancy unit last night, due to little miss being less active, the midwife was lovely. Baby is fine, they think I might have an infection so just waiting for a call to find out.

Hope you're all keeping well.
  • Munchkin84
    Options
    Welcome HappyLassie, glad things are ok x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business