Nearly debt free diary

Options

Comments

• jemreading
    Options
    We went out tonight with friends from work. What was meant to be one ‘swift’ one turned into food. Spent £14.60. This included 50% off food, so two courses plus two for one cocktails so overall not a bad price.

I exchanged my holiday money today. £150 for 4200 Czech Koruna(?) so I have the equivalent of £40 for 3 days and £5 for Monday and £5 for Friday (we will just be going straight to the hotel Monday and straight to the airport Friday)

I need to transfer £85 to my OH to settle the electricity bill.
  • jemreading
    Options
    As an add onto the last post, I need to bank my £50 worth of £1 coins as I used £50 from my treat money to throw into the holiday money as I didn’t have time to change £1 during the week.
  • jemreading
    Options
    Still need to bank the money. I also have £16.70 approved in my prolific account and the £8.45 to come in from topcashback. Any money I get from surveys/topcashback will just go into my savings fund for now. I have a whopping £29.71 in savings.

I was going to put £50 into savings this month, however, I had to pay an extra £40 to the electricity bill that was very unexpected.

Going to London for the day tomorrow as part of my birthday gifts from OH, this has all been paid for :D then we are off to Prague on Monday evening so all my money has been exchanged.
  • jemreading
    Options
    We were meant to be in London today but I had a sickness bug all morning so we had to miss out on The Shard and the three course meal. It’s really upsetting that they won’t move the booking for us so my OH lost the money on it!

We are hoping to travel in the next hour as we still want to get to the hotel, they won’t give us a refund either!!
  • jemreading
    Options
    Made it to London. My OH paid for the train tickets (don’t even wanna know how much!) I think I’ll try and work a thank you gift in my budget for him.

We are also off to Prague tomorrow, looking forward to that!
  • jemreading
    Options
    Prague is cold. :eek:

It’s really beautiful but cold! Travel is cheap but working out the exchange rate in my head is a pain! (I keep whipping out my phone to check) for example, 100 Czech Krona is £3.70 (I think)

I didn’t factor in duty free at the airport... :o but as I hardly spent any money in London on Sunday I had that left over to spend!
  • jemreading
    Options
    Day two of my holiday and I am poorly :( I don’t think I’m going to be spending any of my holiday currency today, and with only tomorrow as a full day it looks like I may be bringing money home to exchange!

The only other thought I had was to see if I should use duty free to pick up some Christmas gifts.
  • Florence_J
    Florence_J Posts: 1,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have always wanted to go to Prague. My grandparents lived there for work for a couple of years when my Mum was very young. She wasn't impressed by it, but I have always wanted to go. I hope you recover and enjoy it.
    Debt Free Stage 1 - Completed 27/08/2020
    Debt Free Stage 2 - Completed 50/181 Payments
  • jemreading
    Options
    Thanks, Florence. Recovered this evening so I should have the full day tomorrow to experience it before returning home on Friday.

Prague is beautiful! I recommend it.
  • jemreading
    Options
    I’ve been working out things I have to pay for when back in the UK and that is:

- two football tickets at £13 each (LCFC v Man City game in December)
    - bottomless afternoon tea at £25 (may give this a miss due to being poorly)
    - friends birthday meal and drinks at £25
    - friends Christmas meal before she leaves for Australia. Just drinks, looking at £20.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure