IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCM ticket in February 2018/Gladstone Solicitor

Options
Daintai
Daintai Posts: 69 Forumite
Hi Guys,

I have search for days on this forum and have not seen a case quite like mine.

Ok so my sister was given a ticket with a valid permit displayed it was from Parking Control Management PCM back in February of this year for £100 reduce £60 in 14days. The parking control guy reason was she was not parked inside a parking bay. Even though there were other cars parked also parallel to her, she does not live there so she thought displaying the permit was her doing the right thing.

She went to my house while I was on holiday and found out someone broke into my flat.

She sent an appeal explain the urgency of her visit by email explain and with police reference. However the letter was sent in my name. They did not replay to either of us with a letter to either of our addresses allowing her the option to pay the £60. But only to received in few weeks in the post at my address Bailiffs requesting payment of £160, £60 addition for their charges.

Only to find out this has been passed to Gladstone Solicitors. I called explain to them and they wrote to inform me that information was not accepted even though my sister had a police reference for the emergency on her parking on the side on the property.

I don't know what to do now. Please can someone help me, or point me in the right direction as to what i should do next,IT will be hugely appreciated. I'm worried about CCJ.
:A

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    But only to received in few weeks in the post at my address Bailiffs requesting payment of £160, £60 addition for their charges.
    Debt collector letters. Not 'bailiffs' - completely different.

So are you neither the driver nor the registered keeper of that car?

Then it will be as easy to defend as all the other PCM/Gladstones defended claims, and we've never seen one lost on here, in two years of solidly defending PCM claims.

No CCJ is risked - no risk at all - as long as you do not ignore a court claim.

Read the second post of NEWBIES PLEASE READ THESE FAQS FIRST (top of this forum).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 4 September 2018 at 10:52PM
    Options
    Daintai wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I have search for days on this forum and have not seen a case quite like mine.

Ok so my sister was given a ticket with a valid permit displayed and was given a ticket from Parking Control Management PCM back in February of this year for £100 reduce £60 in 14days. The parking control guy reason was she was not parked inside a parking bay. Even though there were other cars parked also parallel to her, she does not live there so she thought displaying the permit was ok enough.

She went to my house while i was on holiday and found out someone broke into my flat.

She sent an appeal explain the urgency of her visit by email explain and also with police reference. However the letter was sent in my name. They did not replay to either of us of rejection/ Popla reference letter to either of our addresses allowing her have the option to pay the £60. But only to received in few weeks in the post at my address Bailiffs requesting payment of £160, £60 addition for their charges.

Only to find out this has been passed to Gladstone Solicitors. I called explain to them and they wrote to inform me that information was not accepted even though my sister had a police reference for the emergency on her parking on the side on the property.

I don't know what to do now. Please can someone help me, or point me in the right direction as to what i should do next,IT will be hugely appreciated. I'm worried about CCJ.

You need to fully understand this scam

Parking Control Management are known scammers.

For PCM to get your details, they must belong to an
    accredited association (ATA). There are two, the BPA
    and the IPC.

PCM are members of the IPC WHICH IS A COMPLETE
    SCAM APPROVED BY GOVERNMENT .... YES GOVERNMENT

The IPC was set up by Gladstones solicitors and they protect
    their members and attempt to extort money from motorists

That is why you have a letter from Gladstones.

Gladstones are a highly incompetent legal firm who scam
    people for money

Gladstones is the Wonga of the parking industry and there
    is no place in the UK for more scammers

You do not owe £160, the £60 is a fake addon by a
    !!!!!! debt collector also trying to scam you and
    if this ever went to court, a judge would not entertain
    this ...... judges know of the Gladstones scam

READ THIS
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=74439905#post74439905

NO BAILIFFS -- NO KNOCKS ON YOUR DOOR, NOBODY
    WILL CALL .... WHY ? Because the retard debt collectors
    are 100% powerless

YOU IGNORE ALL DEBT COLLECTORS

A CCJ ..... READ THIS

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5849106&highlight=ccj+the+myth

For Gladstones to take this to court they must by law, send you
    a Letter before action, LBA, and this letter MUST give you
    proof of their claim and give you 30 days to respond.

Gladstones often fail in this due to their incompetence.

BUT without such information you are unable to respond

See what happens, the courts already know that Gladstones
    claims are rubbish
  • Daintai
    Options
    Hi Coupon-M

No I'm neither both. and yes it was the debt collectors. I will have a look at the link. Thank you.
  • Daintai
    Options
    Dear Beaumaguy,

Gladstone wrote to me on 28th July and got letter one week later. letter stating I have 30 days to reply which I called in and wrote and email explaining again what had happen, because it was my flat broken in to.

The reply back to me on 30 August by email (and I quote) ' although we appreciate your circumstances, they cannot be accepted as a reason to waive the charge'. (Their statement in close) followed by a list of payment options.

No sympathy from their side for the ordeal i went through.
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Reply to the email and ask:

Since I am neither the registered keeper, nor 'keeper' nor 'hirer' nor the driver of that car, and never have been (I just happen to be the resident at the location) please ask your client to answer this vital question:

On what basis are they trying to hold me liable in law for a PCN?

Please also tell your clients that they (and you) are illegally processing my data, and that I am formally requiring them to correct their incorrect data under my rights under the GDPR, if any records have me assumed (wrongly) to be 'keeper' 'hirer' or 'driver'.

Should they file a claim, despite this knowledge, I will not only make a complaint to the Information Commissioner, but I will file a counter-claim as a remedy for their misuse of my data under the DPA/GDPR, and for £500 damages for (Vidal Hall v Google style) 'pure distress'. They have caused me months of harassment, and such continued/repeated conduct is an offence under the Protection From Harassment Act.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The parking control guy reason was she was not parked inside a parking bay.

What do the signs say. Can you post up a pic of the wording. The signs AND whether they can be seen are the basis of any dispute. So would a driver be able to see and understand what to do.

PCM signs are usually their weakness are they are deliberately vague or out of sight or not illuminated at night. So pics of the signs and the layout are key.
    have not seen a case quite like mine.

Every single PCM case if you care to read them will turn on their poor signage. So it will be exactly the same as every other PCM case.
  • Daintai
    Options
    Email sent as a reply, thank you for that, I will also have a look through the links attached and I will take a photo and forward it.
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Every single PCM case if you care to read them will turn on their poor signage. So it will be exactly the same as every other PCM case.
    Not quite, not this time.

The D is neither the driver, keeper or hirer or owner of the car.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The D is neither the driver, keeper or hirer or owner of the car.

Skim reading again. D'oh.
    Should they file a claim, despite this knowledge, I will not only make a complaint to the Information Commissioner, but I will file a counter-claim as a remedy for their misuse of my data under the DPA/GDPR, and for £500 damages for (Vidal Hall v Google style) 'pure distress'. They have caused me months of harassment, and such continued/repeated conduct is an offence under the Protection From Harassment Act.

Well if the OP wishes to, they can issue a claim for harassment. There cannot be data misuse if they didn't get the data from the DVLA in the first place but ....why was there no match up between the VRM on the parked car and the OP? Presumption gone mad at Gladstones again.

OP may want to get his own LBCC in first.
  • Daintai
    Options
    Skim reading again. D'oh.

Hi IamEman....

My sister wrote in with just my surname and address, hoping they would have cancelled the ticket based on the urgency of her being at my place. I had a broken window from a burglar in my flat and was expecting police to show up, and with that information given they still refuse to cancel the ticket even though she had a permit displayed but not parking inside a bay.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport