PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

February 2013 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• Ruby789
    Ruby789 Posts: 312 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone,

78.80 / 960 Jan spends

I am down for an annual budget so on target for that, but thought i'd report in anyway as it helps keep me focussed.

Spent 78.80 last month and the cupboards are fit to burst so this month I need to use up stuff first and then re-supply.
    Debt free (finally) and saving a deposit for my first home.
  • Princess_nola1
    Princess_nola1 Posts: 154 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 25 January 2013 at 1:29PM
    Options
    Hi
    Please can you add me to this thread? My SOA using November/December's months showed that we spent £700+ on groceries, nappies, etc each month! There's only me, hubby & 17 month old DS!

So for February, I'd like my budget to be £350.

Thanks
    When it's dark, look for stars. When it's raining look for rainbows.
    DFW - Tesco CC: [STRIKE]£3149.71[/STRIKE]£0! Capital One CC:[STRIKE] £2242.01[/STRIKE]£0! :T Overdraft: [STRIKE]£283[/STRIKE] £0! :T
  • elizabunny
    elizabunny Posts: 1,030 Forumite
    Options
    Well I definately went over a bit for January, but not too bad. Today I must go to the butcher and also do a small SM shop.

Not sure what we're having for tea yet, but I have peeled the potatoes in readiness:D

2 HM wholemeal loaves and a kilo of yoghurt made today:)
    Sealed Pot Challenge 7 Member 022 :staradmin:staradmin:staradmin
    5:2 Diet started 28/1/2013 only 13lbs lost due to Xmas 2013 blip.
  • XSpender
    XSpender Posts: 3,811 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 25 January 2013 at 4:56PM
    Options
    Silly me hadn't realised the Feb challenge was up and I now have all these pages to catch up on:eek:

I will be spending this evening as DH will want some beer and I am doing HM pizzas and need pepperoni. I need to convince DH to let me do the rest of the week's shop as there is only a handful of things on my list and he is going to the F&V shop tomorrow for fruit for the week and leeks for his favourite sausage casserole. I don't really want to go the shop twice in the weekend if I can help it and I have a £3 off £30 till spit and 2 extra points vouvhers for Mr S. If DH doesnt want to go to Mr S as he sometimes likes a run out to somewhere different (insert confused looking smiley;)) I will not do the list and go to Mr S to use my vouchers either Saturday tea time or Sunday.

I want to squeeze my budget as much as I can this month as anything under is going in to the savings pot towards paying off our 2nd mortgage.

ETA My budget for Feb (runs 14th Jan to 10th Feb in line with CB) is £400for 2 adults, 1 toddler, nappies for night time, a dog and includes all food, alcohol, cleaning and laundry and any take aways or meals out that are not covered by the entertainment budget.
    Save £10,500 - £2673.77 - 25.5%
    Pay off £7000 - £1743 - 19.4%
    Make £2021 extra income - £99.75
  • missmucksmum
    Options
    Hi im starting my february challenge a little early can you please put me down for £200
    spent £59,30 in local co-op and Tesco x
    January Grocery Challenge £203.50/£200 :)
    13NSD
    February Grocery Challenge £59.20/£200
  • jem1980
    jem1980 Posts: 191 Forumite
    Options
    Hello, I am still running on the Jan challenge til the month's end, but have started meal planning for Feb (whoop!) so please can I be in again for £200 - same as Jan. I have found it tight, as it included toiletries, cleaning stuff, nappies etc, and I don't think I realised quite how much I spend on them all! (Although Sains*ys basics nappies are AMAZING and have literally saved me hundreds of pounds :-)
    Am planning on more batch cooking in my meal plan, so any tips on where to get the cheapest big bags of potatoes, carrots, rice, pasta etc would be fab!!!!
    June GC 21st May - 20th June (£78/£200)
  • sjprmc01
    sjprmc01 Posts: 917 Forumite
    Options
    First spends of the month today

£2.69 in m&s on cookies and a fudge bar (oops)

£4 in pound world

£7.19 in home bargains (first time I think that I've ONLY bought food there)

£38.73 in Mr A's

So a total of £52.61. And HOPING not to shop in a while (although it NEVER works out like that)
    No more unnecessary toiletries Feb 2014 INS: 24 UU: 13. Mar 2014. INS: lost count, naughty step for me! UU: 8
  • WelshWoofer
    WelshWoofer Posts: 5,076 Forumite
    Options
    I'm back in for Feb - I'm still on the Jan budget (until the 31st) but will post my budget now.
    £120 for all food, toiletries, dog food and cleaning stuff.
    There's 4 shopping weeks for me - so it works out at £30 a week. Must try harder this month than last month!
  • sjprmc01
    sjprmc01 Posts: 917 Forumite
    Options
    Oh and with a freezer full to bursting OH bought 2 x bags of frozen chips because apparently you can't empty a freezer without chips! Hmmmm!

Tonight we are having fish which he is unhappy about coz he prefers just to eat junk food. Will have corn on the cob and whole meal rice with it. He is so childlike sometimes when it comes to food!
    No more unnecessary toiletries Feb 2014 INS: 24 UU: 13. Mar 2014. INS: lost count, naughty step for me! UU: 8
  • she_who_can_not_cook
    Options
    sjprmc01 wrote: »
    Oh and with a freezer full to bursting OH bought 2 x bags of frozen chips because apparently you can't empty a freezer without chips! Hmmmm!

Tonight we are having fish which he is unhappy about coz he prefers just to eat junk food. Will have corn on the cob and whole meal rice with it. He is so childlike sometimes when it comes to food!
    add a few bottles of 3 lt coca cola and you have my OH
    Gc 2013 +26 -5. -4 -7 -14 -15 -10.-8.20 +15p+30+5.80 Dec +9 GROCERY challenge 2014 Jan -2Feb -3 March -1.50 April +5.40 May +4.90 June -3.July 16.50/85

God bless my sweet "old man" Goldie that died in the early hours of 27 th March please see him on my avatar
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure