Stash Busting 2019 - I WILL use my mountains of craft stash before buying more!

Options

Comments

• loopychriss
    Options
    Oh, and what did you come back from Crafting Live with?!!!
    Keep Calm and Carry On Kondoing

• emsi_b
    emsi_b Posts: 364 Forumite
    First Anniversary Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I've not been yet! I dread to think what I'll decide I really need! Hopefully having to buy a new fridge this weekend will temper my impulse shopping urges.

I got out the trusty seam ripper and got the piece unpicked last night, and resewn tonight. I pinned the next piece, then tomorrow I need to wind the bobbin up (little man's favourite nursery rhyme, I wonder why?), sew on the last panel and then work out how I'm doing the corners. I have left myself plenty of material in case I decide to try a mitred style.
    Once this quilt is finished, I really must make some Christmas cards!
    Make £2024 in 2024- £352.54/£2024

41/200- bust my craft stash 2024! £10.80 spent
    211/200- bust my craft stash 2023!
  • loopychriss
    Options
    Me too...I started them back in February while I was in the mood, just need to finish them with an embellishment and put the inserts in. I've promised to make some for a friend's craft stall on the 26th, so need to get my finger out!!

• loopychriss
    Options
    Finished another twiddle blanket, I knitted this one and used up various embellishments on it. So another 1 to add.

26/50

• loopychriss
    Options
    Made a set of bunting for my friend's craft fair, and a mini fabric bag for a shoebox gift yesterday, plus finished the fronts of around 20 cards, but not counting them until inserts are done. So another 2 to add.

28/50

• emsi_b
    emsi_b Posts: 364 Forumite
    First Anniversary Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I am terrible, I have no willpower and bought way more than I actually needed. I did get the paper I needed, but I also got more sticky tape (forgiveable), more Christmas papers, a Christmas stencil, some embossing ink and powder, two quilting templates, a quilting kit, 2 fabric pieces, in addition to the free gift of a pack of toppers and card. I really ought to have exercised a bit more self restraint. I'm a bit annoyed with myself, especially as I'm currently trying the stencil out and not overly happy with the outcome!! I will Google other ideas to see what I can do to improve it.
    Make £2024 in 2024- £352.54/£2024

41/200- bust my craft stash 2024! £10.80 spent
    211/200- bust my craft stash 2023!
  • loopychriss
    Options
    Oh dear, but just means you've got a few more bits to use up in the destashing. I'm like that too, if I see something I think is a good idea, I'll get it! Luckily that hasn't happened recently.

Yesterday made another set of bunting for craft fair, that's used up a pack of fat quarters and some bias tape.

29/50

• loopychriss
    Options
    Hooray..finished some cards ready for the craft fair on Saturday. They are all completely finished, in cello bags, priced and with a label saying what the words are in the insert. That's a weight off my mind, and a dent in my stash. There's 35 of them so far....so have reached my first target of 50. Going to up it to 100 now before the end of the year.

64/100

• halogen
    halogen Posts: 426 Forumite
    Options
    Anyone into polymer clay that might want my stash? I have more than I'll ever use and I'm rubbish at it anyway.
  • loopychriss
    Options
    Oh dear Halogen, afraid not, I too have a big stash of it, plus tools and a pasta machine to roll it thin. I bought it to make miniature foods etc for my dolls house displays, but never seem to get around to it. One day....!!

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport