PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

2019 - A Clutter Free Life

Options

Comments

• Uncluttered_unicorn
    Options
    61. Measuring spoon (I think it was for baby milk powder, so has been lying around a few years - bin)

Yarn - 2

62 Bracelet (cs)
    63 - 70 Xmas crackers (cs)
    71 Clockwork toy (cs)
    72 Mattress (tip)
    73 Electronic cleaner (given it by MIL - way too noisy, like, industrial ear protection required - electronic recycling)
    74 Slippers (shouldn't really count as replaced, but still... )
    75 (Emptied a kitchen cupboard) Box cat biscuits - use-by date 2007:eek:
    76 Bottle of cat milk (use-by 2011)
    77 - 87 Bags and jars of ood nuts and seeds
    88 - 89 Jats of almond butter and sweet chili jam (ood)
    90 Biscuit tin (recycled)
    91 - 93 3 cleaner attachments
    94 suitcase
    95 dog bed to animal rescue (bed is too big for dog, and way too big for the space allocated in reshuffled bedroom)
    96 Moisturiser (uu)
    97 - 98 2 pairs knitting needles (too big, cs)
    99 - 102 4 old bowls/ saucers (animal rescue)
    103 - 104 2 lidded glass jars (recycled)
    105 - 107 3 bowls (cracked and chipped - bin)
    108 Broken phone case
    109 Bookcase
    110 Curtains
    111 - 113 2 tins paint plus the bags containing them to a colleague
    114 Printer cartridge
    115 - 116 Setting spray (uu) and a blender thingy (DD didn't like it - bin)

Balls of yarn used up - 4

Annoyingly we are going to have to declutter this laptop soon as it has a bit of an injury, otherwise have been busy putting a quantity of flatpack furniture together to finish bedrooms - nearly there :D. All packaging disposed of as we go along, progress being made at last.

:T:T:TWell done to everyone on their achievements so far - looks like 2019 will be a good, clear year for so many of you.
  • sillyvixen
    sillyvixen Posts: 3,616 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I was not really happy with the suncatcher craft in our junior church material and decided on a different craft .. but 10 mins before leaving the house I remembered the glass candle holders and battery lights I have left over from my wedding, so the kids have decorated the candle holders with sharpies and gem stickers we already have in the cupboard, and they are off my hands!!
    Dogs return to eat their vomit, just as fools repeat their foolishness. There is no more hope for a fool than for someone who says, "i am really clever!"
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,195 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    I'm back from a few days working on things at Mum's house: miscellaneous china has gone to charity, some dried up glass paint and other broken things have gone in the bin. Not a massive amount but the visit had to be cut short due to lack of weekend trains. I rescued some family videos, old dress patterns and embroidery templates and Mum's recipe collection, so in a way they have been rehomed, but only as far as me and my sister!
    I'm also working on finishing a knitting project as I have too many projects on the go. Another hour or so should do it!
    Total for the year so far: 151
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons, dress 7 coupons = 12/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    1. SMALL TASKS WILL BE DONE ASAP
    2. I WILL LEAVE A ROOM TIDIER THAN WHEN I ENTERED
    3. KITCHEN WILL BE LEFT CLEAN & TIDY EVERY NIGHT
    4. WHEN DEALING WITH CLUTTER I WILL USE ‘Daisy1571’s idea of ‘WHAT WOULD I DO WITH THIS ITEM IF IT WAS SOMEONE ELSE’S ?’
    5. IF I WAS STARTING FROM SCRATCH, WOULD I BUY THIS?
    6. BE LIKE A POSTAGE STAMP - STICK TO ONE THING UNTIL YOU GET THERE

Hermia, Well Done on the book decluttering :T It is a weight off your bookshelves as well as being a weight off your mind :rotfl:

villagelife, still getting rid of clutter :T Is your DH helping with the decluttering or just supervising :rotfl:

Happy Kitties, I agree with Frogletina - get rid :rotfl: Keep the good memories & bin the bad memories with the basin :D

seahorsey - you really have caught the decluttering bug :T:rotfl: Well Done on passing 100 items out - an eclectic mix of items :T I like it Decluttering as therapy :D

CRANKY40, more pennies in the pot :T Please do not sell yourself short - Ironing & knitting are both decluttering activities :rotfl:

cherie1122, Well Done on your eclectic mix of items out :T

nannywindows, no naughty step here :D Just RL getting in the way of decluttering :rotfl: You should know that ‘me time’ is a form of decluttering :D - you are decluttering stress & anxiety :D

Well Done Bozwood :T Lots out, furniture repurposed & rooms reclaimed :D You should be proud as well as pleased :D

CAFCGirl, Well Done on both the decluttering & the collecting of pennies :T

Gem-gem, keeping stuff moving out :T every item out is a decluttering win :T

chupachups4, you are very welcome & well done on keeping up with the decluttering :T

notmy1sttime, you have been busy :T Well Done on the decluttering & relocating. :T

somerandom, :j:j reached 100 - Well Done :T:T

leelad, very well done & it seems that your gentle approach is paying dividends with your wife :)
    There is no ‘I suppose’ about it leelad :naughty: Every item decluttered helps & you should be pleased with your successes :D Keep up the good work leelad :D

daisy 1571, what a great attitude :D Decluttering the mind by decluttering items, tidying up & sparking joy - thank you for that :T

gentlepurr, Well Done on the work in the garage :T Stuff out & nothing in - no wonder you are feeling so happy :D

Deni, Well Done on making the bed & starting on the decluttering :T I agree with White-musk about airing before making - I do the same thing - throw back the duvet, cup of tea, ablutions, get dressed & then make the bed - provided DH has got up :rotfl:

Uncluttered_unicorn, a massive haul of items out :T Well done on disposing of packaging as you go along :T - always easier to build flat pack furniture without the packaging getting in the way :rotfl:

sillyvixen, I like it :T More bits out & used in a practical way :T

Cherryfudge - winging your way to 200 - Well Done :T Your mum’s recipe collection - bet that brings back happy memories :D Well done on decluttering a knitting project :T

Sunday - DH went shopping & continued working in the bathroom. He is almost done :T
    My F*tb*t loves me again - I hit all my Daily targets :D I have emptied, cleaned & refilled 3 of 4 shelves in the larder & rewritten contents lists. The shelves are a lot tidier now :D Tomorrow I will sort the last shelf & also the Br*xit shelves. Dinner was oven baked pork loin steaks, mashed potatoes & lots of different veggies - simple but tasty :D

106 - 108 Two lidless plastic boxes, one plastic lid - Binned
    109 Newspaper recycled

See you tomorrow

MrsSD
    109/2019
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • selloptape
    Options
    Morning everyone :D

Took another five items to the clothes recycle/charity bin at the supermarket plus binned one clothing item that was too tatty to recycle, and council have collected three pieces of furniture since I last posted. Think I’ve lost track of some items decluttered so now logging these on the budgeting app on my phone - at 71 items now :)

It feels like slow going as I don’t have a car currently so am restricted to what I can take on the bus/put in the bin etc. Have some very bulky items that are still usable/as new so might try freegle for those.
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    MrsSD unfortunately DH is only supervising. He wants to live with no clutter or mess but doesn't want to throw a anything away.

111-113 old gloves with holes in them
    114 a pen that no longer works
    115-117 old Hessian bags that had seen better days.
    118-119 s couple of seed trays that had seen better days. Most of them can be reused this year but will i think will have to throw away after been used once more.
  • ScarletRibbons
    Options
    Good morning all.
    I've re-purposed a handbag that I hardly used - I've stored my hot air hair styler and its accoutrements in it. I had it in a drawer but the cable was always getting tangled up with other stuff, and while pondering what to do about it I thought of that!!

Got a small bag of stuff for the CS, it can go today.
  • chupachups4
    Options
    Good Morning,

33-35: 3 items sold, 10 euros in the travel pot
    36: tee-shirt
    37: socks
    38-58: bottle of old paint
    59-62: old paint brush
    1st goal: 0/936 euros
    2nd goal: 0/15160 euros
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Have put a few things on Gum.... and FB to sell but no nibbles, instead I have bought 1 item and am looking at another. Having said that I have managed to Freegle quite a few things, in fact one person who had stuff a couple of weeks ago came back for another and ended up having 6 items, OK so some of them had been elsewhere for sale and I gave them away, but they have gone which is more important to me. Another item went this morning. Gradually getting there.
  • Happy_Kitties
    Happy_Kitties Posts: 1,617 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 21 January 2019 at 3:17PM
    Options
    Morning everyone
    Made a trip to CS this morning to drop my bag of 11 items off-shoes, a dress I have never worn, photo frame, stuff of DDs from when she was at school( she is in 2nd year of uni so u can tell how long they were sitting around), a duplicate diary and calender I got for Christmas which is frustrating as the other relative who got me the same knows that this one relative always gets everyone calendars but hopefully it will raise some money for the charity.

I know ur not supposed to replace but did come out with one item that will be ideal for a charity auction (I consider these my neutral items, I don't count them in my totals, and they are shipped out within a few months). So......

*78-89 items x10 to CS

Very happy :)
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business