PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

2019 - A Clutter Free Life

Options

Comments

• chupachups4
    chupachups4 Posts: 156 Forumite
    edited 10 February 2019 at 8:29PM
    Options
    Hello,

181: 1 item sold, 5 euros in the travel pot
    182-184: 3 bottles

listed 12 items
    1st goal: 0/936 euros
    2nd goal: 0/15160 euros
  • Happy_Kitties
    Options
    Happy Kitties - re boxes - try any Avon reps near you, we are often drowning in boxes! We actually use mine to line the chicken coop but most have no use for them and struggle with having to pay to recycle them (business waste). [/QUOTE]

Many thanks for the suggestion Pixielottie. Unfortunately I live out in the sticks abit and an Avon rep tends to be a rare breed around here. Dont know why though.

Did think about putting a post on fb but I would still need to prob meet in town and I only need the odd box.

IrishRose I have phases of the bay of e as people can be really cheeky and just want something for nothing but then u can get some really nice people on there aswell.

I have finally wrapped and packaged up(had a hunt around and found the last bit:T) the January birthday present I had a mental block on:eek:
    So tomorrow I have 4 large cobbled together parcels to send. Looking forward to getting them sent and updating my totals:j:j:j
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • somerandom
    Options
    somerandom wrote: »
    163:
    171: PS3
    172: baking tray & 6 cremated sausages (bin) :eek::rotfl:

173 - organza bags
    174 - mirror
    175 - book
    176 - toilet brush & holder - bin
    177. Toilet brush holder - bin
    178 - shoes
    179 - badge

All CS unless otherwise stated
    Shifting my energy for 2020 :heart::heart::heart:
  • ailz95
    ailz95 Posts: 380 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    So far this year

Listed all the food in the freezers and in the larder.
    Listed all the cleaning materials I have - and bought raw ingredients to make laundry liquid, dishwasher powder etc.
    Thrown away out of date flours and chocolate drops, lasagna sheets - been in an open box for the last couple of years.DH who can only find things at the front of cupboards) can find things easily.
    Sorted tea towels, dusters and towels - got rid of some to cs.
    Tided under the bed - more cs bags.
    My mum died on Tuesday - I was with her - and whilst I was at her house - she died in hospital - I brought stuff that I wanted home - which I've found room for. Managed to leave lots of things that hold memories, but were broken or just no room for. :(
    Sorted casserole dishes - 2 for cs - looking for things to use for lazy susans.

Not too bad really when I list it all. :cool:
    Clutter free wannabee 2021 /52 bags to cs. /2021 'stuff' out of the place

YOU CANNOT BE ALL THE GOOD THAT THE WORLD NEEDS, BUT THE WORLD NEEDS ALL THE GOOD YOU CAN BE
    taken from Shelbizleee on YouTube - her copyright
  • ailz95
    ailz95 Posts: 380 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Aaleigha wrote: »
    I am another that finds Kondoing is not working for me (not even when I am packing boxes to move) however it has worked for my clothing and do like the folding technique so will take what works for me from that

when I move I will not be taking a lot of my harsh chemicals with me (I am sure I need them because I dont do a job when its simple enough) but also with a septic tank I want to keep things as eco friendly as possible so mostly be bicarb and white vinegar essensial oils for room sprays etc

can I ask what frugal cleaners some of you use please (of can I be poited in the right direction to ask if its on another forum Hx

I follow Jillee at Onegoodthing.com. Very American sometimes, but her cleaning ideas are good. Bicarb, vinegar, hydrogen peroxide, borax, washing soda. We too have a septic tank so have to be careful of the environment.
    Clutter free wannabee 2021 /52 bags to cs. /2021 'stuff' out of the place

YOU CANNOT BE ALL THE GOOD THAT THE WORLD NEEDS, BUT THE WORLD NEEDS ALL THE GOOD YOU CAN BE
    taken from Shelbizleee on YouTube - her copyright
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 2,202 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi all! I hope everybody is OK :)

We moved and have been so busy that I've gotten behind and don't really have time to catch up.

Decluttering wise, we didn't get rid of much more of our stuff, though now that we're in there are some bits to go to charity as they aren't needed. We have however gotten rid of some of the seller's stuff, as they kindly left the bins overflowing (and unsorted). Took a trip to the tip today with some of the bin bags and a bit of cardboard.

Mostly we'll be getting rid of cardboard soon as the garage is full to bursting of empty boxes that need flattening. We'll keep the good ones and donate them to family who are moving/freecycle them, and take the damaged ones to the tip.

Unfortunately we're mostly bringing 'bits' in right now, rather than out, but it's all been house related - or food, I probably need to find the weighing scales :rotfl: - so I don't mind too much. :)
  • nannywindow
    Options
    ailz95 So sorry to read about your Mum. My sincerest condolences to you and yours.
    nan
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • villagelife
    Options
    Aliz95 so sorry to hear about your Mum. Well done though on only bringing certain things home with you.
  • villagelife
    Options
    I now have more stuff in my house than ever. DS1 has moved back home with all his stuff. Also DS2 and girlfriend here 3-4 nights a week.
    We all need to get rid of so much stuff so I can have some space and reduced clutter.
  • White_musk
    Options
    ailz95 My condolences too. I lost my mum in 2016, never easy.

Nowt done here except a load of washing which is still in the machine. I have to go out in the morning, so tomorrow afternoon is a major house work day. DGD found some polystyrene so my carpet is covered in 'snow'.

Oh, I did declutter an old dustpan and brush into the overflowing wheelie bin.
    Feb 2019 GC £151.53/£300
    God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, wisdom to know the difference.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure