Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3

Options

Comments

• Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    OOOO, don't know about Kefir water. Where do you get that, please? (Still on 5:2, and just about to have some food after a day of abstinence.)

We have a sodastream, and I lurve fizzy water with just enough ginger cordial (available at vast expense from Waitrose, other shops sometimes have it cheaper) to cover the bottom of the glass. I don't do this on fast days tho!

Lovely to see Gitdog. I was also wondering *loud cough* how Sir Pugliet is! I saw some inferior cuddly pugs today (not real ones, which could never be inferior) and Lady Pugslet sends her love!
    The one I get is made by Pure Earth....they do 4 flavours.

https://www.purearth.co.uk/product-category/kefirs/

But I get mine from Abel and Cole, with all my other goodies. They sell it slightly cheaper than Pure Earth, but you can get them online from Pure Earth.

https://www.abelandcole.co.uk

It's not particularly cheap, especially when combined with the rather expensive ginger shots, but then neither is alcohol cheap!

You can try making it yourself, by buying the kefir grains and fermenting them. I might try that sometime. I don't know how easy it is to do, though.
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• dandy-candy
    dandy-candy Posts: 2,213 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks Pyxis, you are very understanding :) I can totally relate to the t-Rex in toy story when he says he doesn't like confrontation!

Elsein I love seeing pics of gitdog. We can't have a dog while DS1 is still living at home because of his allergies so I always love seeing other people's pets.
  • Waves_and_Smiles
    Waves_and_Smiles Posts: 5,263 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Sir P is fine JM! He will be sitting right next to me very soon for moral support. I appear to have learnt all I can from the Crisis Intervention training after 15 hours rather than 20 and the trainer has put me forward for my final role play exam. Today I will be given a list of dates to choose from for it to take place. Presuming I don't mess it up I am then unleashed on the public as a certified Crisis Responder!

I hate exams! :eek::eek:
    Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened - Anatole France

If I knew that the world would end tomorrow, I would still plant apple trees today - Martin Luther King
  • Pyxis
    Options
    Sir P is fine JM! He will be sitting right next to me very soon for moral support. I appear to have learnt all I can from the Crisis Intervention training after 15 hours rather than 20 and the trainer has put me forward for my final role play exam. Today I will be given a list of dates to choose from for it to take place. Presuming I don't mess it up I am then unleashed on the public as a certified Crisis Responder!

I hate exams! :eek::eek:
    Well done that fast-track student!

WaS, it's not an exam, it's just a 'try-out' session, to see if you like doing it.
    They want you, that's obvious; so this session is to see if you want to do it! :T
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox

• jobbingmusician
    jobbingmusician Posts: 20,343 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Yes, I was tempted to say something about how proud Sir P must be of his mum - and that was before I even knew about the fast tracking! Good luck for the final assessment (not using the E word! :D )
    I was a board guide here for many years, but have now resigned. Amicably, but I think it reflects very poorly on MSE that I have not even received an acknowledgement of my resignation! Poor show, MSE.

This signature was changed on 6.4.22. This is an experiment to see if anyone from MSE picks up on this comment.
  • Waves_and_Smiles
    Waves_and_Smiles Posts: 5,263 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 8 May 2018 at 9:44PM
    Options
    Thank you! No, it is not an exam. If I think it's an exam I'll panic day and night.

Ahem. Watch this - It sounds like you feel Sir P feels a lot of pride in his mum right now, JM and you wish WaS well for the future. See that? That's crisis reflection, that is! I speak like this now! :rotfl::rotfl:

I can't believe I have made it this far, just one final step to go and I have qualified. If you had asked me a year ago I would never have attempted this. Granted they cheat a little and don't mention how much training there is until you commit but there is no way I would have tried. It is helping me psychologically to believe in myself, perhaps I am not as pointless as I thought I was?

Update-My exam is 8pm Thursday! That's less than 48 hours!!! At least I don't get a long time to panic about it? Wish me luck please!
    Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened - Anatole France

If I knew that the world would end tomorrow, I would still plant apple trees today - Martin Luther King
  • jobbingmusician
    jobbingmusician Posts: 20,343 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Good luck, oh reflective one, and your reflection is correct! And Ms Puggle (whose name changes with the wind, it seems. And she has a lot of that, as do most pugs) wishes you lots of luck as well, but doesn't think you'll need it.

PS Pugs would like to know, as they know you don't watch much TV - have you seen this? (Non-triggering unless you are scared of butterflies)

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/technow/this-pug-with-butterfly-wings-is-claimed-to-be-the-first-augmented-reality-pet-839302.html
    I was a board guide here for many years, but have now resigned. Amicably, but I think it reflects very poorly on MSE that I have not even received an acknowledgement of my resignation! Poor show, MSE.

This signature was changed on 6.4.22. This is an experiment to see if anyone from MSE picks up on this comment.
  • Pyxis
    Options
    mirror-4-small.jpg
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• onomatopoeia99
    onomatopoeia99 Posts: 6,969 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Good luck WaS :)
    Proud member of the wokerati, though I don't eat tofu.Home is where my books are.Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.Mortgage free July 2023
  • dandy-candy
    dandy-candy Posts: 2,213 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good luck WaS, you've got this!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business