IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

BW Legal ringing family members

Options

Comments

• The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    edited 13 August 2018 at 9:00AM
    Options
    If the council is renting land to a scammer I am sure that a local paper would like to hear about it. write a letter for publication, that should start the ball rolling,

Have you complained to your MP?
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,058 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    BW legal are one of the biggest debt collectors in the country, they use all sorts of nasty tactics to get their cut of your cash, they are scumbags.

If NCP are taking this further with these Muppets it's a new tactic as their court appearances have been virtually non existent in the past.

http://www.parkingappeals.info/companydata/National_Car_Parks.html

It would be surprising if this went further for such a small amount.
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,287 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    clairey262 wrote: »
    Why would the local council think it's a scam if they rent their land out to ncp? Surely they would just say I need to bring it up with ncp ?
    beamerguy wrote: »
    You miss the point ...... nobody is asking if the council
    thinks it a scam, YOU DO and as they rent to NCP then
    you refer to this as a scam

Don't use the word scam, use the words unregulated scam, then add the comments from MPs made in open parliament.

State that central government has condemned this as a scam so you expect local government to do the same.

These are some of the comments made by the MPs in Parliament concerning the unregulated parking industry (Feb 2018):

https://hansard.parliament.uk/commons/2018-02-02/debates/CC84AF5E-AC6E-4E14-81B1-066E6A892807/Parking(CodeOfPractice)Bill

''Rip-offs from car park Cowboys must stop''; unfair treatment; signage deliberately confusing to ensure a PCN is issued; ''years of abuse by rogue parking companies''; bloodsuckers; ''the current system of regulation is hopeless, like putting Dracula in charge of the blood-bank''; extortionate fines; rogue operators; ''sense of injustice''; unfair charges and notices; wilfully misleading; signage is a deliberate act to deceive or mislead; ''confusing signs are often deliberate, to trap innocent drivers''; unreasonable; a curse; harassing; operating in a disgusting way; appeals service is no guarantee of a fair hearing; loathed; outrageous scam; dodgy practice; outrageous abuse; unscrupulous practices; ''the British Parking Association is as much use as a multi-storey car park in the Gobi desert''; and finally, by way of unanimous conclusion: ''we need to crack down on these rogue companies. They are an absolute disgrace to this country. Ordinary motorists and ordinary residents should not have to put up with this''.

These are the exact words used, so you should quote them to your MP in a complaint and ask him/her to contact Sir Greg Knight MP if he/she wants further information about this scam.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Your client must not issue proceedings without complying with that protocol. I reserve the right to draw any failure of the Claimant to comply with the protocol to the attention of the court and to ask the court to stay the claim and order your client to comply with its pre-action obligations, and when costs come to be considered.

Where is this bit coming from? This is the second time I've seen it recently, it's illogical, the sentence just stops!
  • clairey262
    Options
    Na I havnt complained the my MP yet, I am still trying to think of what to say to the council. Looking for templates if anyone can help.
  • clairey262
    Options
    I still need to complain about the phone calls. I don't know where to begin!
  • clairey262
    Options
    So firstly I need to send the reply draft back to BW Legal.. without asking of evidence or shall I do that first?

Then I need to complain to SRA about BW Legal.
    Type up a draft of complain to my local MP / Trading standards then send a similar letter to the council (land owners)

Is this right, wow how stressful!
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 13 August 2018 at 10:29AM
    Options
    Na I havnt complained the my MP yet, I am still trying to think of what to say to the council. Looking for templates if anyone can help.

There is no such template.

Use this free service for a Freedom of Information Request

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/

They cannot ignore this and legally must provide the info
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I still need to complain about the phone calls. I don't know where to begin!

First step is to read this

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/advice/how-to-stop-nuisance-phone-calls
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    edited 13 August 2018 at 10:25AM
    Options
    So firstly I need to send the reply draft back to BW Legal.. without asking of evidence or shall I do that first?

Then I need to complain to SRA about BW Legal.
    Type up a draft of complain to my local MP / Trading standards then send a similar letter to the council (land owners)

Is this right, wow how stressful!

I find writing letters of complaint cathartic.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure