IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

BW Legal ringing family members

Options

Comments

• beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    fisherjim wrote: »
    I am sure all the communication with the council will just result in a "This car park is not operated by the council, the land has been leased to NCP and has nothing to do with us" reply.

https://thelincolnite.co.uk/2018/03/city-council-buys-two-lincoln-ncp-car-parks-6-6m/

Surely though, even if it is leased to NCP, the council
    still own the land and are just as responsible as landowners
  • clairey262
    Options
    Question; writing letter of acknowledgement to BW,
    Can I write a reply of both drafts Daniel san's one from October 2017, which references the RECENT change in the pre-action Protocol and the reply about ANPR tickets and lack of compliance with the DPA in handling data.. or just send the ANPR one?
  • beamerguy
    Options
    Are BWLegal still phoning you and your family
  • clairey262
    Options
    Yes my husband has received two text messages yesterday and today. I will put a complaint into the SRA when I have finished acknowledgement to my Letter of claim.
  • beamerguy
    Options
    clairey262 wrote: »
    Yes my husband has received two text messages yesterday and today. I will put a complaint into the SRA when I have finished acknowledgement to my Letter of claim.

BWLegal are harassing and being very aggressive, just the
    same as the Kray Twins.

Of course we would like to see what the SRA say as
    BWLegal are rogue traders
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,508 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options

Haven't you blocked their number as per Quentin's advice in post #5?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • clairey262
    Options
    No because the RSA want evidence of their calls and messages.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,701 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Question; writing letter of acknowledgement to BW,
    Can I write a reply of both drafts Daniel san's one from October 2017, which references the RECENT change in the pre-action Protocol and the reply about ANPR tickets and lack of compliance with the DPA in handling data.. or just send the ANPR one?

Adapt them but I feel Daniel san's one is a bit old now.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • clairey262
    Options
    I was thinking BW Legal must have seen it so many times they don't even read it, probs just print off a reply template back to us!
  • clairey262
    Options
    Hi guys, so I sent a response back after I received my LBA and its taken Bw Legal 2 months to collect evidence from NCP and send it to me (Which I've just received) even though I stated they had 30 days to send me it. They said my account was "on hold"... anyway do I respond to them arguing my point or shall I ignore the letter I received today and start typing up of my Acknowledgement of Service and gather together my defence letter for when I get my next letter.

In my letter today today, they wrote: Your vehicle entered the carpark at 15.48 and a ticket was purchased at 15.50 for 1 hours purchase. Your vehicle did not exit the carpark until 17:05 and as per the BPA Code of practice "you should allow the driver a reasonable period to leave the private carpark after the contract has ended, before you take action."We have allowed 10 minutes grace period after the expiry of the ticket and your vehicle over stayed your paid ticket by 12 minutes which is 2 minutes after we have allowed a grace period.

They have stated I have 14 days from today before they arrange further collections activity / the next stage of legal action.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure