IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

BW Legal ringing family members

Options
12345679»

Comments

• DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    No. The claim comes from a central processing centre (e.g. Northampton). Any hearing would be at your nominated court not the claimant's.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,946 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    What is the Issue Date on your Claim Form?

Did it come from the County Court Business Centre in Northampton, or from somewhere else?
  • clairey262
    Options
    DoaM wrote: »
    No. The claim comes from a central processing centre (e.g. Northampton). Any hearing would be at your nominated court not the claimant's.
    Ah, yes I have read this else where before which is why I was confused. It says County Court Business Centre in Northampton where AOS needs to be posted back too.
  • clairey262
    Options
    KeithP wrote: »
    What is the Issue Date on your Claim Form?

Did it come from the County Court Business Centre in Northampton, or from somewhere else?
    Issue date is 19th Aug 2019
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,946 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    clairey262 wrote: »
    Issue date is 19th Aug 2019
    With a Claim Issue Date of 19th August, you have until Monday 9th September to do the Acknowledgement of Service, but there is nothing to be gained by delaying it. To do the AoS, follow the guidance offered in a Dropbox file linked from post #2 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread. About ten minutes work - no thinking required.

Having done the AoS, you have until 4pm on Monday 23rd September 2019 to file your Defence.

That's over four weeks away. Plenty of time to produce a Defence, but please don't leave it to the last minute.

When you are happy with the content, your Defence could be filed via email as suggested here:
      Print your Defence.
    1. Sign it and date it.
    2. Scan the signed document back in and save it as a pdf.
    3. Send that pdf as an email attachment to CCBCAQ@Justice.gov.uk
    4. Just put the claim number and the word Defence in the email title, and in the body of the email something like 'Please find my Defence attached'.
    5. Log into MCOL after a few days to see if the Claim is marked "defence received". If not chase the CCBC until it is.
    6. Do not be surprised to receive an early copy of the Claimant's Directions Questionnaire, they are just trying to keep you under pressure.
    7. Wait for your DQ from the CCBC, or download one from the internet, and then re-read post #2 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread to find out exactly what to do with it.
  • clairey262
    Options
    Thankyou for this. I do have all of this printed off from previous threads that I have read and also saved in documents when I was preparing for this last year. When I have my draft prepared I will post.
  • clairey262
    Options
    My husband has just had 2 calls and a voicemail from BW Legal asking me to give them a call back. I wonder what they want ? They will know I’ve received the claim today.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,533 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    If you don't want any contact with them, block their number. They never call to give good news, that's for sure!

They are debt collectors first and foremost, and are likely trying to add some pressure following your receipt of the claim.

Never speak with debt collectors is standard forum advice. But if you can't contain your curiosity, you're a free person!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    clairey262 wrote: »
    My husband has just had 2 calls and a voicemail from BW Legal asking me to give them a call back. I wonder what they want ? They will know I’ve received the claim today.
    curiosity killed the cat

Do not engage with them, not now they have issued a court claim

Email a SAR to the DPO at the PPC and obtain all the documents and pictures and data about you and your vehicle attaching a copy of the claim form as proof of ID under the GDPR

Ensure that the person named on the claim form does all the work in their own name, such as the SAR and AOS and defence etc
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,424 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    As KeithP says there is no reason to delay submitting your AoS and it can be done online using MCOL and the codes you were sent with the claim form. You will need a Government Gateway account so, if you don't have one, start the process now as it takes time to come via Royal Mail.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure