Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Former MSE Samantha
    • By Former MSE Samantha 28th Jan 13, 4:19 PM
    • 23Posts
    • 6Thanks
    Former MSE Samantha
    Eon energy reviews: Give your feedback
    • 28th Jan 13, 4:19 PM
    Eon energy reviews: Give your feedback 28th Jan 13 at 4:19 PM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Eon

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did your switch go smoothly??
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Last edited by Former MSE Andrea; 11-09-2017 at 1:59 PM.
Page 79
    • SeeMe
    • By SeeMe 8th Dec 19, 1:40 PM
    • 306 Posts
    • 49 Thanks
    SeeMe
    Just had a email from my present supplier regarding my switch and these words.

Your final bill
    "To produce your final bill please give your meter reading when your new supplier asks for it.

To make sure the switch goes through smoothly, please make sure you pay any balance which may be due".

I would have thought i had to give my present supplier the meter reading just before the day the switch takes place to produce my final bill?

• Gerry1
    • By Gerry1 8th Dec 19, 1:49 PM
    • 1,276 Posts
    • 819 Thanks
    Gerry1
    You give your reading to the new supplier. It's passed to a mysterious third party who accept it or tweak it if it doesn't seem quite right. It's then used by both the old and new companies so that you don't get charged twice for the same usage.
    • SeeMe
    • By SeeMe 8th Dec 19, 7:33 PM
    • 306 Posts
    • 49 Thanks
    SeeMe
    You give your reading to the new supplier. It's passed to a mysterious third party who accept it or tweak it if it doesn't seem quite right. It's then used by both the old and new companies so that you don't get charged twice for the same usage.
    Originally posted by Gerry1

Thanks Gerry1, i see just hope it goes smooth so no glitches and paying twice.

Well i will have to wait and see.
    • Tigertone2000
    • By Tigertone2000 8th Dec 19, 11:10 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Tigertone2000
    E.on Early Bird Tariff Offer
    I'm an existing E.On customer and have just received an email from them offering me an 'Early Bird Tariff Offer' which offers fixed prices for 18 months with a worthwhile saving (about 120 p.a.) over my existing tariff. They offer to move me to the new tariff with no penalties and it all seems a little too good to be true...
    The only condition is that I have to decide by the 20th December so I'm feeling a little pressured and can't help wondering if there's a catch (they offer 'Free Smart meter installation' and I did wonder whether it might be a condition to have smart meters but cannot find the full T&C's to confirm) I wonder whether the very helpful E.On rep. who often posts on this forum might care to comment??
    Thanks in anticipation...
    • Terry98
    • By Terry98 9th Dec 19, 5:42 AM
    • 1,147 Posts
    • 3,703 Thanks
    Terry98
    E.on Early Bird Tariff Offer
    Hi Malc

I have got the E.on Early Bird Tariff Offer as well and would like to ask you a couple more questions about it:

My saving is quoted at 50 but they are using a gas figure that is 2000 kWh per year less than I have used in the last few years. I might have missed it but there is no way to see the unit prices before signing up so in my case I am sure the quoted saving is wrong!

I assume MyUtilityGenius have done the quote on your behalf and their is a contact number to ask further questions but don't you think they should show the full tariff prices on the quote?

If Eon can make my smart meters work again and give me a saving on my current tariff I would love to stay with you for a further 18 month term.
    Last edited by Terry98; 09-12-2019 at 6:01 AM.
    • Gerry1
    • By Gerry1 9th Dec 19, 9:36 AM
    • 1,276 Posts
    • 819 Thanks
    Gerry1
    Hi Malc

I have got the E.on Early Bird Tariff Offer as well and would like to ask you a couple more questions about it:

My saving is quoted at 50 but they are using a gas figure that is 2000 kWh per year less than I have used in the last few years. I might have missed it but there is no way to see the unit prices before signing up so in my case I am sure the quoted saving is wrong!

I assume MyUtilityGenius have done the quote on your behalf and their is a contact number to ask further questions but don't you think they should show the full tariff prices on the quote?

If Eon can make my smart meters work again and give me a saving on my current tariff I would love to stay with you for a further 18 month term.
    Originally posted by Terry98
    I've just run a search with MUG and found that it does give full details on all tariffs that it finds: just click on the More Info link

Don't forget that all so-called savings will be meaningless because of Ofgem's crazy rules. Just compare the annual cost with what you're currently paying (and beware of any exit fees).
    • MoneyMate
    • By MoneyMate 9th Dec 19, 11:32 AM
    • 3,041 Posts
    • 13,775 Thanks
    MoneyMate
    No E.on Early Bird Tariff Offer for me, perhaps it's because i've got smart meters ?
    There are more questions than answers
    WARNING ! May go silent for unfriendly replies
    Please excuse me Spell it MOST times
    UK Resident
    • Terry98
    • By Terry98 9th Dec 19, 1:43 PM
    • 1,147 Posts
    • 3,703 Thanks
    Terry98
    I've just run a search with MUG and found that it does give full details on all tariffs that it finds: just click on the More Info link

Don't forget that all so-called savings will be meaningless because of Ofgem's crazy rules. Just compare the annual cost with what you're currently paying (and beware of any exit fees).
    Sorry who is MUG? There is no 'MoreInfo' link on the email or even when you click through to the various tariff detail pages.
    • Gerry1
    • By Gerry1 9th Dec 19, 2:07 PM
    • 1,276 Posts
    • 819 Thanks
    Gerry1
    It's the MyUtilityGenius price comparison website.
    • Terry98
    • By Terry98 9th Dec 19, 5:28 PM
    • 1,147 Posts
    • 3,703 Thanks
    Terry98
    It's the MyUtilityGenius price comparison website.
    Thanks I found the website and entered my details. For some reason the Eon Early Bird offer does not show at all although the Eon Fix online v21 does.

As you say you need the tariff prices to make a comparison before entering into any new contract.If you transfer from one Eon tariff to another they waive the early leaver fee.
  • E.ON Company Representative: Malc
    E.ON Smart Meters
    Hi @Malc from Eon. Thanks to taking the time to reply. Unfortunately...

a) after I got put on the "opt out list" and was assured I wouldn't be contacted about Smart meters for 3 months, I was contacted again in less than 7 days and there has been no let up in the hassling of me since. This supposed "opt out" option is clearly just a ruse by Eon to sound like they are listening.
    b) I've had 3 separate emails between Tues and Friday (today) ALL telling me I have agreed to have Smart meters installed. I have replied to each pointing out their inaccuracy. Eon have confirmed in writing (when challenged) that I haven't agreed to any installation. I've only agreed to be contacted.

@Malc - this Eon tactic has been going on for months (look back at these boards). The argument you present that "communications just haven't caught up with the Ts&Cs of the current Fix Online tariffs" just looks sillier by the day! I suppose I just have to take heart that the frequency of the contacts and the fact they are all simply wrong and deliberately misleading just helps strengthen the information going to the Energy Ombudsman.
    Originally posted by Lappleby3

You're welcome Lappleby3. Happy to reply.

As promised, I've sent your comments to the right people here at E.ON and followed this up with several verbal discussions.

Did you speak to our Outcome Management team? These are the only advisors who can arrange a long term opt-out.

If you did, the opt-out will have been put through and it could be there were things in the pipeline that were too late to stop. If you continue to receive these communications 7 days after your request, please contact us and, if you haven't already, raise a formal complaint.

Thank you Lappleby3.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    E.ON Smart Meters
    Lappleby3, I believe there is a way to block texts on your mobile phone (says she, who does not even own one) but someone must know how; I bet Gerry1 does. Equally, you can just delete emails or even set up a rule to dump those from certain senders in your Junk folder and (I think) automatically delete them. Once upon a time, in a galaxy far, far away, I think I managed to do this.

I, too, became very annoyed when I received the "make an appointment to have your smart meters fitted" letter even though Malc had assured dozens of posters it was not a requirement by that point. For some reason, I received only a couple of communications in total: Maybe they can tell a stubborn mare when they come across one.

If you check out your t's and c's, paragraph 11.1 (it is etched on the brain cell, how sad is that?) and it says only that you have agreed to be contacted, I suggest you raise a complaint with Eon directly. As soon as you mention the C-word (compensation) they seem to realise you are not someone they can just bully. HTH.
    Originally posted by Smodlet
    Hi Call200. I had exactly this issue recently. The only way to resolve it is to contact the CEC. To be fair, it is not Eon's/any provider's job to chase this up; why should they? They are in no hurry to pay commission to MSE and, until they have, we get zip.

I mentioned to the CEC team that the wording about cashback being paid "after 3 months" might be a tad misleading since they now give themselves 6 months to pay it. Strangely enough, my "Switch in Progress" flag disappeared and the cash back was paid within three weeks of this suggestion... Only took 4 months and a week from my actual switch date.

This site has gone to hell in a handbasket since sold it, imo. The cashback actually comes from Money Supermarket, who bought it so no surprise the amount has reduced and the time to receive it has doubled. HTH.
    Originally posted by Smodlet
    Spot on Smodlet. Section 11.1 of the T&Cs on our Fix Online range of tariffs is the relevant bit about smart meters. As you say, it's about being contacted only. Here, customers are free to turn down our offer to fit smart meters and stay on their chosen tariff.

Glad the opt-out seems to be working for you Smodlet.

Malc
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    Switching to E.ON
    Iv been with eon for a few months now,so far so good but one issue is the cheap energy clubs comparison tool. It still showing my last supplier and switch in progress. This means I can't use the comparison tool to change supplier. Any idea as to rectify this?
    Originally posted by Call200

Hello Call200 and welcome to the Forums.

Many thanks for switching to us and glad all's going well.

As Smodlet says, please contact the Cheap Energy Club about your query. They'll sort this for you.

Thanks Call200.

Malc
    E.ON See
    Hi Malc

Although I did not ask the original question I thought your reply in post 1555 was very informative. Thanks.

I have been with E ON since April and have been using E.ON See for the last few months and find it very good.

My previous supplier gave me monthly invoices based on actual usage from my SMETS1 smart meter. Because my smart meter is now dumb E.ON See has helped fill the void.

I think it's essential to keep up with actual usage at this time of year especially because energy bills can get out hand. Quite a few of the posts on this forum back this up.

One big problem I have had with E,ON is that you are showing my anticipated gas usage 2000kWh less than my average usage over the last few years. I brought this up with your online chat and was told nothing could be done about it until I have been with you a year. Surely that is not correct?
    Originally posted by Terry98

Hello Terry98 and glad my post above about E.ON See was useful.

Totally agree about the importance of keeping on top of your energy usage. You can continue with monthly bills through the Real Time Billing tool on our website. Just pop in readings and choose 'request a bill.' For E.ON See, it's best to do this in the first week of every month.

I think I know where our advisor was coming from. New customers won't be able to see their energy usage on E.ON See until after their first bill. The graphs are then updated on a month by month basis eventually showing usage over the previous 13 months at a time.

E.ON See is only meant to act as a guide. As I mentioned to Smodlet, the individual energy breakdown is built around averages based on the what we've been told and information taken from similar properties and circumstances. There are some FAQs about this tool on our website with more details.

The E.ON See tool sits in a different area to other aspects of the account. When we take over, we initially base payments on the information we're given at the time. Eventually, we receive details of past usage from industry third parties. This includes the Average Daily Consumption (ADCs) figures for the past 12-18 months. We use these, with seasonal variations taken into consideration, to adjust our understanding of what we believe will be used in the future.

This isn't an exact science as circumstances change. To help keep accounts on track, we've introduced online tools to give customers more control. These include E.ON See and Real Time billing as above. There's also the Direct Debit Manager. This lets customers adjust their payments to mirror different circumstances.

Hope this is useful Terry98. Let me know if you need any more details as happy to help.

Malc

PS/ I'll pick up the questions you've raised in later posts tomorrow. Thanks for your patience.
    • SeeMe
    • By SeeMe 10th Dec 19, 5:14 PM
    • 306 Posts
    • 49 Thanks
    SeeMe
    Tried to download the eon app on google play, but it says my version of android will not work with the app.

Android 6.0.1 marshmellow, thing is no more upgrades for my Samsung Galaxy A3.
    (2016) year
    • Clarew1980
    • By Clarew1980 10th Dec 19, 6:27 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Clarew1980
    So far so good on New boiler quote/installation .. was called yesterday to advise what time they would be here today to complete survey .. and true to their word they were here .. detailed survey took place , price agreed ( cheaper than another quote I had ) finance passed and signed so now just waiting for their installation team to call to book a date. Hoping they live up to their 5 working day or less as currently without hot water and heating 😬.
    • Terry98
    • By Terry98 11th Dec 19, 12:03 AM
    • 1,147 Posts
    • 3,703 Thanks
    Terry98
    I think I know where our advisor was coming from. New customers won't be able to see their energy usage on E.ON See until after their first bill. The graphs are then updated on a month by month basis eventually showing usage over the previous 13 months at a time.

The E.ON See tool sits in a different area to other aspects of the account. When we take over, we initially base payments on the information we're given at the time. Eventually, we receive details of past usage from industry third parties. This includes the Average Daily Consumption (ADCs) figures for the past 12-18 months. We use these, with seasonal variations taken into consideration, to adjust our understanding of what we believe will be used in the future.

This isn't an exact science as circumstances change. To help keep accounts on track, we've introduced online tools to give customers more control. These include E.ON See and Real Time billing as above. There's also the Direct Debit Manager. This lets customers adjust their payments to mirror different circumstances.
    Originally posted by E.ON Company Representative: Malc
    Hi Malc

Many thanks,as usual, for your detailed reply.

The above illustrates,as Martin has been saying in his recent broadcasts,why the smart meter roll out so far has been ill thought out and a waste of taxpayers money.

I am all for smart meters but why didn't they think it through properly? My actual usage over the last few years is on the national database but I cannot use it to my advantage.Hopefully Eon will be one of the first to convert SMET1's quickly so I can return to the 21st century!
    Switching to E.ON
    Just had a email from my present supplier regarding my switch and these words.

Your final bill
    "To produce your final bill please give your meter reading when your new supplier asks for it.

To make sure the switch goes through smoothly, please make sure you pay any balance which may be due".

I would have thought i had to give my present supplier the meter reading just before the day the switch takes place to produce my final bill?

Originally posted by SeeMe
    Thanks Gerry1, i see just hope it goes smooth so no glitches and paying twice.

Well i will have to wait and see.
    Originally posted by SeeMe

Morning SeeMe and thanks for switching to us.

Please let us have your opening meter readings. As Gerry1 says, it's our responsibility to drive the switch. We use a meter reading window and this is open 7-10 days before the supply start date. It gives customers time to contact us rather than be restricted to the actual date itself. We'll be in touch with more details.

The first set of readings received during this window will be used to start your account. We'll also send these readings to your old supplier so they can use them to close their account and send your final bill. This makes sure the same energy isn't charged twice.

Readings go through an industry third party (Data Management) who checks they're in line with past usage and readings held for the property. Sometimes a change is made and both suppliers need to use the same readings to open and close their respective accounts.

There's an online tool you can use to see how the switch is going. This is 'Track My Switch' and it's on the 'My Account' screen when logged in.

Hope this is of interest SeeMe. Please let me know if you need any more details as happy to help.

Malc
    Switching to E.ON

Morning Gerry1 and you're spot on. As the gaining supplier, it's our responsibility to drive the switch.

Like all suppliers putting through a switch, we send the proposed opening meter readings to a third party within the energy industry. This is the Data Collector (DC).

DCs look after readings throughout the energy industry. There are two parts to this - Data Retrieval who actually take the readings; and Data Management who validate readings and sort out any issues with the data.

With a change of supplier, the DCs check the usage history for a property against meter readings supplied by the gaining supplier to make sure they're in line with previous readings.

Hope this is of interest Gerry1.

Malc
    E.ON Fix Again 18 Month Tariff
    I'm an existing E.On customer and have just received an email from them offering me an 'Early Bird Tariff Offer' which offers fixed prices for 18 months with a worthwhile saving (about 120 p.a.) over my existing tariff. They offer to move me to the new tariff with no penalties and it all seems a little too good to be true...
    The only condition is that I have to decide by the 20th December so I'm feeling a little pressured and can't help wondering if there's a catch (they offer 'Free Smart meter installation' and I did wonder whether it might be a condition to have smart meters but cannot find the full T&C's to confirm) I wonder whether the very helpful E.On rep. who often posts on this forum might care to comment??
    Thanks in anticipation...
    Originally posted by Tigertone2000

Hello Tigertone2000 and this sounds like our Fix Again 18 Month tariff.

This tariff is aimed at existing customers whose current deal is coming up for renewal early next year. It's only open for a limited time to customers who have received the offer and sign up before Christmas.

Prices are fixed for 18 months and you need to manage your account online and pay with a Monthly Direct Debit. There are exit fees of 30 per fuel for changing supplier outside of the renewal window (open 49 calendar days before the tariff end date until 20 working days after). Exit fees don't apply if moving from one of our tariffs to another regardless of when this is done.

With this tariff, you only agree to be contacted about smart meters. You can turn down these offers if you don't want these meters and stay on the same tariff. The relevant T&C is section 11.1 which says as follows.

With this tariff you agree to be contacted during the tariff term for the installation of a smart meter.

Fix Again 18 Month is only available through the offer we've sent and isn't on our website or the Price Comparison sites. We've specialist advisors looking after the tariff and they'll be able to let you have full details including unit rates and daily standing charges. This will help you see how it stacks up against other deals currently available both with us and with the other suppliers.

Alternatively, if you let me know the region you're in, I'll be happy to give you the prices.

Hope this is useful Tigertone2000. Please let me know if you need any more information as happy to help.

Malc
    Last edited by E.ON Company Representative: Malc; 11-12-2019 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Added Detail plus spacing
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,062Posts Today

7,863Users online

Martin's Twitter