PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking for one (Mark Three)

Options

Comments

• unrecordings
    Options
    YS victory at the Waitrose deli counter this morning. Two joint ends (too small to go in the slicer) of two kinds of pork, I shared some of each with cat who was most appreciative. Also got some more cheese, which was a bit naughty as I already some very out of date Kaltbach. I resolved to eat that on some [STRIKE]crusty[/STRIKE] stale bread with some of last years shallots - after cutting the orange bits off :eek:

Got some more Richmond vegan sausages from Tesco, Mrs Un is getting more tempted by the idea of sausage casserole. Use by date on the ones we got today was 17th December, so maybe end of next week is the earliest time to get a pack before the holiday madness

Why am I in this handcart and where are we going ?
  • Wednesday2000
    Options
    I went out to post off the cards yesterday afternoon and it had stopped raining but it felt really cold. The wind was really biting. My new faux leather jacket was quite warm though. I wanted to see what it was like before I wore it out to London tomorrow night.

I had an early night so I'm up early. I have ordered a computer game as a present and a book for myself so they should be delivered later.

I had a craving for chickpea salad yesterday so I will make that later and have it in a toasted pitta, or two!:)
    caronc wrote: »
    Good evening everyone,
    Something to look forward to Wednesday, who are you going to see?

They are a band called Fun Lovin' Criminals. I'm not sure if people on here would have heard of them. :D
  • unrecordings
    Options
    They are a band called Fun Lovin' Criminals. I'm not sure if people on here would have heard of them. :D

That takes me back :beer:

• Wednesday2000
    Options
    That takes me back :beer:

Haha , yes, they remind me of being back at uni! :p
  • unrecordings
    Options
    Haha , yes, they remind me of being back at uni! :p

Smoke 'em if you've got 'em only refers to kippers these days ;)

• Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,276 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    'morning all. Wrapping completed, of course I dropped the Sellotape which as well as rolling under dresser then had an invisible end:(

Fresh sliced orange with my porridge this morning, unfortunately my new batch of HM yoghurt is a bit runnier than I like, not that it matters too much as I only stir it in the porridge anyway, just not right to have runny yoghurt

I was going to pop into garden to quickly tidy the frosted plants, but it's just tipped down so no chance

Lunch is PB baguette, with BLT innards. And now I find I've run out of mayo, I was sure I had a jar somewhere, something else for the list

Dinner will be beef casserole in my cast iron pot & dumplings, the steak looks lovely now it's defrosted, all ingredients assembled & ready to go later
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've heard of FLC, not my thing though.

It's been wet/raining here - and 10 minutes ago there was a brief hail storm.

2 bits of toast for breakfast, loaf's 3 days past date now :)

I've a frozen Mr T 65p curry and some chips.... so they might be eaten later. I can't decide until the moment I'm standing in the kitchen though.
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,276 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Beef casserole made & in low oven, dumplings will be launched later

Rain has now settled in, ideal matching weather for my dinner
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • Wednesday2000
    Options
    Smoke 'em if you've got 'em only refers to kippers these days ;)

:rotfl:

I think the lead singer is so fit, OMG.:naughty:
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,103 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good evening everyone,
    Oh enjoy Wednesday, hope you pack lots of "scooby snacks" to take with you:rotfl::rotfl:and yes having had quick Google Huey Morgan does seem to be wearing rather well;).
    Glad you managed to retrieve your winter warmers with only a slight wobble Brambling, if your weather was anything like ours today you would have needed them!
    Is dropping the tape and losing the end not a Christmas tradition Farway? Certainly happens every year in my house along with "present wrappers lip" because I'm too lazy to use scissors to snip the darn stuff and always manage to tear a chunk of a lip at least once while I'm doing them. Still I'm sure the recipients don't notice the blood smears and bits of fluff stuck to the tape:cool:.
    The storm did ease a good bit overnight so as it was dry and not too windy I headed out this morning to the library, Post Office and a quick trip to Farmfoods to get butter (their's is only 99p for 250g:money:). Managed there and back dry but the weather has been foul again this afternoon - rain, sleet, hail and quite blowy again at times. It's blooming baltic this evening!
    Lunch was a roll and pastrami with fruit afterwards. I froze what was left of the pastrami after lunch as it goes OOD tomorrow. Discovered I still had Eve's pudding lurking in the fridge and wastefully I've decided that it's going to go:o, though my nephew did make a good dent in the LOs the other day so there's not an awful lot left. It's probably still fine to eat but has gone a bit soggy and I doubt it would freeze well.

I see Tesco are starting their cheap Christmas veg from tomorrow - cauli, sprouts, spuds, carrots, parsnips and spuds are all 29p. No doubt the other SMs will be doing similiar. I remember last year they included cauliflowers and I ordered two as I thought they'd be teeny and they weren't but really quite large:eek:. I ended up making a vat of cauli cheese and a bit pot of soup to use them up.
    Bangers and the last portion of mash from the freezer with tenderstem broccoli, green beans and gravy for dinner tonight. I have finally done a vague meal plan for the next few days though apart from Sunday when my sis & nephew are coming for dinner there's not a huge amount of cooking involved. Though I suppose it does free up freezer space for festive goodies:D.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback