Things can only get better

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,292 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Book Lanzarote :grin:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,286 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Totally forgot about the finance doings - have put £2k of the pension money into the emergency fund. And miraculously managed to stick to my budget during June - woo hoo :) New budget starts tomorrow so need to carry on the good work.

Paid £100 off debt so down to £2300. Must be paid off by end of March when the 0% ends.

Need to update my signature - a job for tomorrow. Also need to set July goals. Time is flying by.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Book the holiday :D.
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,286 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    That's Monday done - again.

So it's 7 weeks to Ibiza not 5. Oh well more time to get beach body ready :rotfl:

Still pondering on Lanzarote in October. Shouldn't really but would be lovely. I've done some calculations and it's do-able without touching the pension money. Not being hasty though as I'd only be back at work for 4 weeks between holidays.

Anyway must focus :)

Went to the gym at lunchtime, must be mad, there's no air con! New budget started today, need to stick to it again, it was lovely not having to play catch up with the cc on payday for once.

Pond booked in for Wednesday, will be fab to get it sorted as it's a main feature of the garden being approx 10ft X 8ft.

Anyway have gone mad and treated myself to a new ironing board today after clinging onto the old one for countless years - I know how to live :)
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • anita55
    anita55 Posts: 198 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    wow a new ironing board, you lucky thing. I agree with the others book the holiday if you can afford it life is for living and it seems its calling you.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    :j to the new ironing board :).

You should book Lanzarote, get as much fun out of life as you can while you can.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Jealous of the new ironing board :rotfl: Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,292 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    :j to the new ironing board :).

You should book Lanzarote, get as much fun out of life as you can while you can.

Thiat's you told:D:p
    Do it.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,040 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Just playing devil's advocate a little here... does Lanzarote have to be October (half term?)? Lots of holidays gives you a lot to look forward to, but it does cost a teeny little bit... even if you made it two weeks later... think how grey and miserable November can be, and imagine a holiday then. :)

Happy new ironing board :D
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    10 ft by 8 ft? I have pond envy Mine is 8 foot by 6 foot....

Book the holiday xxx
    Nevertheless she persisted.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport