Has anyone ordered from lightinthebox?

Options

Comments

• magicgirl
    magicgirl Posts: 597 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry in advance if this attracts more of the dreaded spam...

I read thru this thread and many others on various forums when needing three childrems bm/fg dresses. The reason i went with the company mentioned is for two reasons. One, if the goods arrived, i would make a substantial saving. Two, I was in a position where I could afford to lose 'X' amount and still have something as a standby. To overcome this amount i could afford to lose, I ordered the first dress (for the baby) and awaited its arrival. I actually breathed a sigh of relief when it arrived. I couldn't really fault it and it was the right colour etc. I have since seen the same colour swatch on my mothers computer and it looks a lot darker so maybe a tip would be to get the brightness right up before looking at colour swatches as they are more likely to be accurate then.. (not if tehy get the colour wrong obviously like others have mentoned but I hope you understand what i mean?!)

The other things is that I ordered during chinese new year and expected excuse after excuse and delay after delay. Neither came. I received my goods within four weeks of ordering. Same with the second 'batch' that I ordered. I was more nervoius second time around cos I knew what i was expecting and thankfully, four weeks later, I received my beloved dresses. the two lots were sent by different couriers each time but the dresses were fab. This doesn't neccesarily mean i would reccommend them though. I know how apprehensive i felt when waiting for them and realised that if it wasn't what i wanted, there was little protection i had. If you use a credit card, you may receve extra protection under credit terms but not sure how far that expands in terms of geography. I wouldn't wish those nerves on anyone but I should also confess that I have a nervous disposition at the best of times. I will be going thru all this again to order my wedding dress but i am getting that from milly.. on a reccomendation. I think that while i was willing to take the gamble for childrens dresses, and over the moon that i did, I am not sure I would put the same faith in them for an adults/custom sized dress. I ordered the childrens standard sizes as i know mine will grow in the next six months.

Anyway, just thought i would share... :)
    Proud to be Member of BSC #92
    Hoping to get debt free again :wall:
    :heart2: working hard to make my daughters proud :heart2:
  • jackwrn
    Options
    Lightinthebox is OK, I have bought some cell phones on that site.
  • lindaatno9
    lindaatno9 Posts: 2,092 Forumite
    Options
    jackwrn wrote: »

Lolol, yep, cell phones look lovely in wedding pictures. Think they may be a little stiff to wear however.
  • frannyann
    frannyann Posts: 10,970 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    jackwrn wrote: »

spam-big.jpg

Is getting boring now!
    :rotfl:Ahahah got my signature removed for claiming MSE thought it was too boring :rotfl:
  • Maydot
    Maydot Posts: 203 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Dear Mary2011,

Thank you so much for making your 4 posts in such a small amount of time. The ladies (and men) using this forum to chat about WEDDING planning will find the phone you advertised so useful in planning their special day. Do you do them in white or ivory to match a wedding dress? My colour scheme is lilac and ivory and all trims are silver so I would need a phone that matched in exactly. I would probably need one for the Groom, Bestman and Ushers too (again...must match my colour scheme) so we could keep in contact during that long walk down the aisle.

Anyway, thanks again for being so helpful and for your kind offer to book my hotel and pick me up from the airport (is this to collect my phone?) I'm truly touched :p
  • Mrs_Moore_To_Be
    Options
    Maydot wrote: »
    Dear Mary2011,

Thank you so much for making your 4 posts in such a small amount of time. The ladies (and men) using this forum to chat about WEDDING planning will find the phone you advertised so useful in planning their special day. Do you do them in white or ivory to match a wedding dress? My colour scheme is lilac and ivory and all trims are silver so I would need a phone that matched in exactly. I would probably need one for the Groom, Bestman and Ushers too (again...must match my colour scheme) so we could keep in contact during that long walk down the aisle.

Anyway, thanks again for being so helpful and for your kind offer to book my hotel and pick me up from the airport (is this to collect my phone?) I'm truly touched :p

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    :heart2: Got Married on 30/4/11 :heart2:
    Joined SW 12/7/12...
    -4.5, -3 (1/2 Stone award), STS, -1.5, STS, -2 (SOTW)
  • lindaatno9
    lindaatno9 Posts: 2,092 Forumite
    Options
    Maydot wrote: »
    Dear Mary2011,

WARNING!!!!!! DO NOT DRINK TEA WHILE READING THIS RESPONSE. FLUID DOES NOT WORK WELL WITH A KEYBOARD!!!
    Classic Maydot:T
  • BeckyArch
    BeckyArch Posts: 185 Forumite
    Options
    ha ha ha ha!:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

although now i'm seriously considering bringing out a range of bridal mobile phones...i'm sure some people would want them....
    Now a married lady and loving it! Now..to clear that pesky mortgage! :beer:
  • clearing_out_my_pockets
    Options
    Has anyone else clicked the spam button at the top of this thread?
    Don't worry about typing out my username - Call me COMP
    (Unless you know my real name - in which case, feel free to use that just to confuse people!)
  • sophiamill99
    Options
    it is good.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family