Frump to Fab 2018 - Fabulous Dahhhhlings

Options

Comments

• lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Oh dear Humpty than sounds absolutely awful. I'm afraid I really don't know what sort of painkillers would help. Maybe pop into your local chemist and ask for advice until you can get a doctors appt.

I had my tonsils out when I was 39. Absolute agony. I used to take soluable aspirin about 20 minutes before trying to eat. It was the only thing that made eating or drinking possible. Even then it had to be food that would just slide down, nothing with any spices or seasongs and only tepid.

Is it in the sort of area where you could dab on something like bonjella or maybe a baby's teething gel would be more suitable for something so sensitive.

Hope you get some respite soon.
  • humptydumptybits
    humptydumptybits Posts: 2,992 Forumite
    Options
    I have been using soluble asprin in lukewarm water and holding it in my mouth for as long as I can. I spoke to GP on the phone and she said co-codamol but I know from experience it makes me really sick, I'm not good with painkillers. She gave me a prescription for something to help me sleep as I was up all last night. She also suggested I take vitamin B, she said it is good for conditions in the mouth.

Last time I had shingles the pain went on for months so I'm crossing my fingers that this time it might be a bit quicker to heal.

Bonjella is a good idea, I think I might have some somewhere. My brain isn't working.
  • sugarbaby125
    sugarbaby125 Posts: 3,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

I went to Karaoke last night, but I did not sing any songs. I was not there for long. I was going to give it a miss, but then Wayne phoned and he offered to come and pick me up and drive me to Karaoke and then drive me home when Karaoke was finished.

We were at Karaoke for less than an hour in the end, as Wayne was late as usual to pick me up. :rotfl:

We had a long talk in his car and he knows that he just has to get used to the fact that we are only friends now. He accepts that he is unlikely to have much contact with me apart from when we are both in that particular pub. :cool:

My daughter is really upset at losing her job because it was quite hard for her to find a job where her employer was willing to fund the special equipment that was needed for her to be able to do her job. She was already feeling quite depressed at losing her Personal Independence Payment and her Employment and Support Allowance. Then last week she lost her Mobility Car and it was the only vehicle her and her husband had, so now they are both more housebound. :eek:
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hello lovely ladies

Hope you are all well and busy fabbing.

Popped over to see the bungalow again yesterday. I still like it. :rotfl: actually I spotted loads of things I missed first time round, a couple of minor niggles but also some lovely little extras which I hadnt notuced before. The seller had also put up some new fencing since my last visit. It was on my to do list so that will save money. The more I see of the house the more I like it. It's still messy and still has loads of cobwebs but the auctioneer has been and removed quite a lot of stuff already so it's getting easier to actually see the wood for the trees now......:rotfl:

Today I had a little spend in Sainsbury's, stocked up on my favourite shampoo, bubble bath, Epsom salts etc. Whilst there I looked at their bargain rail and picked up a nice cream linen dress and a top, both half price.....the joke was the dress is a size 18, whilst the top is a size 14. Both fit perfectly.

Sizing really is a joke isn't it. :D
  • seven-day-weekend
    seven-day-weekend Posts: 36,755 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 6 June 2018 at 4:39AM
    Options
    Morning all and hope you all have a good day.

We took possession of our new car yesterday. The insurance paid out an acceptable sum (well done AA Insurance) and we put some to it and got a smasher. It's still a Yeti but it is newer and has all sorts of mod cons. Best of all it is the green version, so the road tax is only £30.

The contents insurance, on the other hand, is a nightmare. We have the insuranance with Saga and we have been passed from pillar to post, from company to company, asked to provide the same information over and over again, told to post photographs to a portal that doesn't work half the time, and then they deny they have received them, despite one person congratulating my husband for providing such comprehensive photos. My husband is going to ring them today and bang the table. We want our money, it's their job to provide it, it's what insurance is for.

So.....an eventful day ahead for us!
    (AKA HRH_MUngo)
    Member #10 of £2 savers club
    Imagine someone holding forth on biology whose only knowledge of the subject is the Book of British Birds, and you have a rough idea of what it feels like to read Richard Dawkins on theology: Terry Eagleton
  • sashybo
    sashybo Posts: 4,503 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Hi all,

Reading along & neglecting to post again. :o

My DS turned one last week & I had a bit of a wobble wondering where the last year has gone & how he has gotten so big already. :( He is definitely now a wee boy & not a baby. On the bright side he's getting more interesting now & likes to tell us "stories" that only he understands. :rotfl:

In bad news I have put weight back on & am probably heavier than when I was pregnant. :eek: I need to lose about a stone & a half so I'm back to a better weight for my height. All the weight has gone on my stomach so it's easy to hide & people don't really seem to notice but I knew I was getting fatter. :o

I'm back to logging my food on MFP as it stops me eating so many biscuits. :rotfl: Also aiming to use the cross trainer every day, even if it's only 10 mins and 30 mins yoga every second day at least. The last two days I've been walking for 30-45 mins with DS in the pram as the weather has been nice too.
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Car loan 1 £14,073, Car loan 2 £16,000, 0% CC1 £195. Debt Free Diary to try & keep spending in check.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,589 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good to see you posting sashy. Amazing where a year's gone! I have to admit that when I put on weight it was fairly easy to disguise as I'm tall and none of the weight showed on my face. That meant I put off doing anything about it until I had 3 stone+ to lose! Good for you tackling it now before it gets out of hand. I think keeping a record is a great incentive/motivator. It's not just about the obvious calorie control but I find that knowing you have to record it is often enough to stop you having something 'bad' in the first place.

Good news about your car 7DW. We have bad news about ours or rather mine. DH scratched my brand new car yesterday!:eek: He came home looking all sheepish and said he'd had a mishap and there's a great big scratch and dent all down one of the doors.:mad: Apparently he drove too close to a truck in a narrow space. That means he probably just ignored the parking sensors too. I was magnanimous about it which I'm sure wouldn't happen if it was the other way round. Fortunately it's perfectly driveable so it'll get fixed after our holiday but it'll cost us come insurance renewal.:(

Glad you still like your bungalow LL.:D

Gradually ticking off my fabbing tasks before my holiday. Feet tomorrow.:)
  • sashybo
    sashybo Posts: 4,503 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Maman yes friends/family I talk to about losing weight always say to me "But you're thin, you don't need to lose weight" and then when I tell them how much I weigh "Oh I would never have thought you weighed that!" :cool::rotfl:

I definitely find that logging my food helps me to be more mindful of what I'm eating and helps me to plan a bit better too.

I managed 12 mins on the cross trainer this morning (with DS imprisoned in his cot) & 25 mins of yoga tonight after putting him to bed. Not a bad start & under my calorie goal too. :j

Sorry to hear about your car maman :eek: You did well not to lose your cool with your DH. :T
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Car loan 1 £14,073, Car loan 2 £16,000, 0% CC1 £195. Debt Free Diary to try & keep spending in check.
  • misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,880 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    sashybo wrote: »
    friends/family I talk to about losing weight always say to me "But you're thin, you don't need to lose weight" and then when I tell them how much I weigh "Oh I would never have thought you weighed that!"

This perfectly describes me. I'm currently 11 stone 8 pounds but fit into a size 8/10 so people always look at me funny when I say I want to lose weight. Ideally I'd also like to lose a stone and a half to get back to my feel good weight, however, it's not going well :(

Haven't posted for ages but loving reading all your news. Not much fabbing to report although I have finally booked a hair appointment for Friday :)
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10552.61/£15000 (70.4% saved). Emergency fund - £1428.98/£1500 (95.3% saved).
  • moneyistooshorttomention
    moneyistooshorttomention Posts: 17,940 Forumite
    edited 7 June 2018 at 7:03AM
    Options
    Hello lovely ladies

Hope you are all well and busy fabbing.

Popped over to see the bungalow again yesterday. I still like it. :rotfl: actually I spotted loads of things I missed first time round, a couple of minor niggles but also some lovely little extras which I hadnt notuced before. The seller had also put up some new fencing since my last visit. It was on my to do list so that will save money. The more I see of the house the more I like it. It's still messy and still has loads of cobwebs but the auctioneer has been and removed quite a lot of stuff already so it's getting easier to actually see the wood for the trees now......:rotfl:

Today I had a little spend in Sainsbury's, stocked up on my favourite shampoo, bubble bath, Epsom salts etc. Whilst there I looked at their bargain rail and picked up a nice cream linen dress and a top, both half price.....the joke was the dress is a size 18, whilst the top is a size 14. Both fit perfectly.

Sizing really is a joke isn't it. :D

....and we've not got a hope in hell of clothes being accurately sized in Britain now.

H & M has just caved into pressure of all these young selfie-taking girls wailing "Oh but I'm really 'size 2 or 3 smaller than H & M labels say I am. Wail....wail.....all the other shops stick size labels on their clothes saying they are 2 sizes on average smaller than they really are. I'm really the size the other shops say I am - honest injun" and H & M have now decided to vanity size their clothes too and will henceforth be colluding in telling people they are 2 sizes smaller than they really are.:cool::cool:

Sighs in exasperation - as I think "I know I'm really size 18 now - so what's the point of all these clothes labels telling me I'm size 14? I know I'm not and that I really am size 18 currently - even though I've just bought another item with a size 14 label on it. BTW I do remember when it was pretty much impossible to buy real size 16 upwards - as clothes only went up to real size 14 (which would now be labelled as being size 10)".

It does exasperate me - though I know these wailing young girls that wish to lie to themselves about what size they are don't remember when clothes were "real" sizes (ie prior to vanity sizing). Some of them may even genuinely think a size 14 label means the item really IS size 14:cool:

NB; On a different topic. Has anyone tried Balayam Yoga? It's the name for a particular Eastern method of sorting out hair problems (thinner hair and greying hair). I'm wondering if anyone has any experience of this? It's rubbing together the fingernails of each hand against each other and it's said it stimulates hair growth (and hair changing back to its original colour). Peeps are told that women must only rub left fingernails against right fingernails and not do it for the thumbs (as that is said to stimulate beard/mustache growth). Men rub together all 5 fingernails. Apparently it stimulates acupressure points underneath the nails. I've been checking out YouTube clips about it and thought "Might as well give it a go and see". It takes 10-15 minutes per day and they say one sees results by, say, 2 months time. Well - I thought it might be worth giving it a go - easy enough to do whilst watching a tv programme for instance - just sit there "buffing" away...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure