Add your feedback on energy supplier People's Energy

Options

Comments

• mo786uk
    mo786uk Posts: 1,379 Forumite
    Options
    My experience

I was with Scottish Energy

I fileld in the PE form but did not get any immediatefeedback. Infact I got an email from Scottish Energy first telling me I was leaving so I spose that was confirmation something was happening.

I then got a direct debit confirmation and an email aksing for meter reads and to create an account.

I have created an account (abotu a week after that previous email) and submitted my readings and they have emailed me thanking me for the meter reads and they will send my old supplier the meter reads.

I presume what happens now is PE start charging me from these new meter reads and my old supplier charge me up to them.

I would say the process is not as slick as it was with Scottish Energy (which is no surprise) but its not always absoltuley clear what is happening.

Overall though no problems per se.
  • Clive_Farrer
    Options
    Hi Just signed up for Peoples energy over the phone very easy and helpfull staff answered all my questions .
    keep you posted .
  • john-306
    john-306 Posts: 722 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I signed up 5 days ago, I only got 1 email immediately saying I've set up a DD, no mention of quote or payment.
    Nothing since either. It would be nice to know what's going on.
  • martyp
    martyp Posts: 1,047 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I signed up last Wednesday and first thing was the direct debit e-mail which arrived straight away. I received an e-mail yesterday just after I sent a chase e-mail to ask what was happening (probably just coincidence it arrived at the same time) which welcomed me, confirmed the tariff details, direct debit etc.
    All looking good so far, just hoping they don't bump the prices just after I switch.
  • leviathan
    leviathan Posts: 257 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Sounded great on the first page, then halfway down the second the responses stopped coming.
    And things got worse.
    Now it looks somewhat like they are the same as all the other suppliers.
    All talk and no action.

Multiple people having problems.
    Maybe the real issue is that switching is just far too complicated for any of these energy comapnies to get right.

If we were given £10 a day for any mistakes they make they would certainly get their acts together.
    But we are here to suffer and provide profit for shareholders (TPE supposed to be the exemption!) , not to be treated decently.

Energy & water should never have been privatised.
  • Oasis1
    Oasis1 Posts: 712 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Such a shame there's a lack of response from PE to people's posts. I was considering switching, but now I'm not.
  • Apache1
    Options
    Has PE recently increased their prices to new customers and when will that increase apply to existing customer?
  • Apache1
    Options
    Is there any interest from People's Energy in replying to their customers?
  • blueincubus
    Options
    I got an email from them today - they are indeed increasing their prices as of 3rd Feb - by 12.8% in my area.
  • ozaz
    ozaz Posts: 315 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Also received email.

But still one of the cheapest renewable energy suppliers - now cost is about level with Bulb, Pure Planet, and So Energy for me (according to MSE Cheap Energy Club)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback