IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Help! Have followed advice so far...but worried

Options

Comments

• Lotuslady
    Options
    Thanks sooo much for your swift and clear reply, so can be prepared if next stage surfaces ..
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Have Trace used a new address for you, when other letters went to an old address?

If so, you will need to email the PPC to confirm the correct address for service, which is vital, or they will sneakily use the old address for the claim.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Lotuslady
    Options
    ThankU so much for your reassuring reply, and for making me laugh with your humour, certainly lightened my mood.. just what i needed!
    Fab suggestion re google street view.. have found the signs on it and can see that unless there is some new sort of black lamppost that has lights on in the post part that you cannot see (have not heard of this technology) then signs aren’t lit and it was dark..

Also can see that in the space I think i parked in there is a lit sign a few spaces further along the row, but i wouldn’t have seen this as walked in the other direction towards the shops.. and as had no warning or reason to believe I was even in a car park, then didn’t look any further as had no reason to... So think I have a valid case!

ThankU soo much!
  • Lotuslady
    Options
    Hiya Coupon-Mad

Thanks for checking in with that detail.. no they have the same address, so all ok..
    Thanks so much for your concern.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Good.

And relax, although this will need some work we will help you, and yes, you have a case:
    signs aren’t lit and it was dark..

Also can see that in the space I think i parked in there is a lit sign a few spaces further along the row, but i wouldn’t have seen this as walked in the other direction towards the shops.. and as had no warning or reason to believe I was even in a car park, then didn’t look any further as had no reason to... So think I have a valid case!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Lotuslady
    Options
    Thank you for your reassurance, am gonna chill out now with some sound therapy.. I use tuning forks to help me relax and heal!
  • Lotuslady
    Lotuslady Posts: 98 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 20 May 2019 at 10:28PM
    Options
    Any help gladly appreciated... I have received a LBC from Gladstones Solicitors though feel it’s my worst nightmare as it’s for a different parking ticket to the one I have written about here previously and to a date approx 1 and half years ago...
    I am going to have to put my hands up here as did receive an on-screen ticket at the time ( having been told by a friend to park here for free as was an old supermarket car park where the shop had closed down.. though it still had some parking notices up of some sort at least by the payment machine).
    The friend who was also my therapist later admitted receiving at least 3 parking tickets all of which she had ignored... and had gone no where, so I decided to do the same as money tight...

Have read NEWBIES thread about LBC.. though wondering if I have a hope in hell of winning this at all as I did ignore all tickets/posts re this charge up until this point.. Wondering how it affects the other ticket mentioned here previously as NEWBIES thread mentions SAR and asking for all evidence/tickets they have on me..

Am I better off just paying this one? As I followed bad advice it seems?

Date on letter is 15th May and have 30 days... and Client is Horizon
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,355 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    As this thread is about a UKCPM charge, extending it into a different charge and quite different operator (Horizon, who are members of an entirely different ATA) you really do need to start a brand new thread, otherwise this one will get very messy, especially if UKCPM (the country's most litigious parking operator) almost inevitably issue court proceedings against you at any time up to six years following the parking incident.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Lotuslady
    Lotuslady Posts: 98 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thanks Umkomaas, hadn’t spotted the fact that 2 different parking operators as both used Gladstones.. so panicked.. Thank you, I will follow your advice.
  • Lotuslady
    Options
    Hi, I have received an LBC dated 16th August giving me 30 days to respond from Gladstone’s re the very first post of mine now...

Am just checking having reread NEWBIES thread that i now send an SAR to UKCPM who are the original car parking ticket issuers, and then ask Gladstone’s to put my case on hold...

Am wondering if I should ask them for any other evidence...1) as the place where I parked was not signed clearly at the entrance.. it was dark and the sign was unlit..

2) Because when I have returned to the place the “offence” took place, the lit signs within the car park are only visible if you parked deeper into the car park, not in the direction I walked... Should I ask for an exact placement of the space where I parked? Originally my postal ticket came with 2 very dark photos where only my number plate was visible and a time of taking on...

3). I have since been back to the “car Park” and taken a video showing the poorly positioned entrance sign, which is in small lettering (the relevant bits) and unlit and showing me arriving at a spot where you cannot see any other signs that were lit, this was sometime after the ticket date as is in a different county some nearly 6 hours drive away from where I live... I understand that if I ask for personal data on me in the SAR then an entrance sign isn’t part of it..

4) Am furious about this matter as now the costs have gone up as you all know citing costs of Client’s losses as a result of my non-payment... Has anyone actually turned the tables on them.. as feel like citing my losses in having to become some sort of legal expert in order to fight this ticket (and another!)

5). re 4). Am due to have some mental health treatment starting the 2nd week of October where normally is advised not to work.. (I need to continue working part-time financially) so am worried that if I did start anything or even get further correspondence from them during this time that I may not be able to deal with it as had a mental meltdown earlier this year..

Any help gratefully appreciated
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure