PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Muffins muffins muffins

Options

Comments

• Queenie
    Queenie Posts: 8,793 Forumite
    Options
    JillD wrote: »
    these sound lovely, I think I will try them over the next few days.

Can you freeze them once they're made do you think ? Otherwise I will be forced to stuff myself silly with 12 of them which would be 2400 calories :rotfl:

Looking at the recipe, my gut instinct and experience tell me, yes, they will be ok for freezing :D So ... NO!! :naughty: ... you cannot get away with eating them ALL at once ... well, not without running around the block at least one dozen times if you scoff a tray full ;):D:D:D

Thanks for the recipe Jane, appreciated :D:D
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PMS Pot: £57.53 Pigsback Pot: £23.00
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • janeawej
    janeawej Posts: 808 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Glad you all like the recipe, i am just getting back into baking again after cutting down my work hours! I will post some more when i have had time to try them out!! Obviously i take this very seriously and wouoldnt dream of posting a recipe without first testing it!!!! (this involves eating loads of cakes ect!!) yummy!!!

P.S im going to try this with blueberries later this week will let you know how it goes

P.P.S Mt T have frozen raspberries on offer this week they are ideal for making these!
    Member 1145 Sealed Pot Challenge No4 ;)
    NSD challenge not to spend anything till 2011!:rotfl:
  • bigpaws23
    bigpaws23 Posts: 455 Forumite
    Options
    janeawej wrote: »
    P.S im going to try this with blueberries later this week will let you know how it goes

where can you get blueberries from that don't cost £3 for a tiny punnet? We love blueberry muffins, but they are a 'treat' because of the cost :(

Bigpaws x
  • rach
    rach Posts: 5,476 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    buy the frozen bags of blueberries. i use them straight onto my porridge and you can use them in baking straight from the freezer
    Mum to gorgeous baby boy born Sept 2010:j
  • janeawej
    Options
    I buy packs of frozen ones from Mr T's or Sainsburies they often seem to be on offer and you dont need many for this recipe, I would use them straight from the freezer as i did the raspberries
  • nic82
    nic82 Posts: 420 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry, I think this is probably a stupid question, but is a muffin tin different to a normal bun tin?

I guess perhaps a muffin tins "sections" are deeper? If so, maybe I could just make smaller versions, as all I have is one bun tin :confused:
  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    nic82 wrote: »
    Sorry, I think this is probably a stupid question, but is a muffin tin different to a normal bun tin?

I guess perhaps a muffin tins "sections" are deeper? If so, maybe I could just make smaller versions, as all I have is one bun tin :confused:

You could just make smaller ones or if you don't have a muffin tin just double up the muffin cases and bake on a normal baking sheet.

Pink
  • Horasio
    Horasio Posts: 6,676 Forumite
    Options
    I do mine in the breadmaker, then cut into squares once cooked
    An average day in my life:hello: :eek::mad: :coffee::coffee::coffee::T :o :rotfl: :rotfl: :p :eek::mad: :beer:
    I am no expert in property but have lived in many types of homes, in many locations and can only talk from experience.
  • janeawej
    Options
    CCStar wrote: »
    I do mine in the breadmaker, then cut into squares once cooked

oh thats a good idea do you put everything in at once then just switch it on? what setting do you use?
    thanks Jane:beer:
  • mel123
    mel123 Posts: 64 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you these were delicious, I might have the OS record of them being eaten in ten minutes. I grated some orange rind and squeezed the juice in mine.
    Who would like my last penny?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport