Forum Home» Old Style MoneySaving

Muffins muffins muffins - Page 40

New Post Advanced Search

Muffins muffins muffins

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Old Style MoneySaving
394 replies 58.1K views
1343536373840»

Replies

• Same as above really I would make plain cupcakes and either slightly crush them up and put them in or roll them in self raising flour then add them in at the last minute to the mixture (I usually add 2/3 to the mixture and sprinkle the last 1/3 on top of the batter before I put them in the oven). I've made them with m&ms before and it worked about 70% of the time. Definitely worth a bash though. Hope they go well and let us know how they turn out! :)
    'I solemnly swear that I am up to no good'
  • i generally put all the dry ingredients together in one bowl all the wet in another bowl the coat the chips or smarties in the flour mix for a minute or so then add the liquid to the dry and mix (plus a couple for the top )

hasnt failed me so far but best to do it all quite speedy once the wet has been added to the dry so make sure the oven is up to temp the cases are all ready u have your ice cream scoop ready to do them out etc
    The only people I have to answer to are my beautiful babies aged 8 and 5
  • donna73donna73 Forumite
    449 posts
    I made a tray bake using those mini smarties last week and they all sunk to the bottom , still tasted nice though . I added a drizzle of icing to the top and sprinkled more smarties on as decoration.

will try the wet/ dry method next time - thanks for sharing double mummy :)
    Enjoying the simple pleasures of homemade existence

Trainee flylady - one step at a time! ;)
  • zippychickzippychick Forumite
    9.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've merged this with our muffins thread. I've heard coating stuff in flour stops them sinking. Hope they turned out well

Zip
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men :cool:
    Norn Iron club member #380