MSE News: Energy firm Iresa ceases trading - here's what it means for customers

Options

Comments

• beardiedog
    Options
    brewerdave wrote: »
    If you are thinking of staying with Octopus, then let it ride -but if like most, you are going to switch away from Octopus asap then cancel DD with the bank:)

Thanks. I'm pretty certain I'm going to be moving away as there are a few much cheaper suppliers for me ATM - which might not be so by 21 August.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,509 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    beardiedog wrote: »
    Thanks. I'm pretty certain I'm going to be moving away as there are a few much cheaper suppliers for me ATM - which might not be so by 21 August.
    At the current rate of progress, its looking likely that we won't be able to switch on the 22nd - they obviously haven't finalised bills/credits/debits with the Iresa administrators yet.
  • beardiedog
    Options
    At the current rate of progress, its looking likely that we won't be able to switch on the 22nd - they obviously haven't finalised bills/credits/debits with the Iresa administrators yet.

I've cancelled my DD. They've got £200 credit to cover the next few weeks or so.

Should I let Octopus know that I've cancelled?
  • brewerdave
    Options
    beardiedog wrote: »
    I've cancelled my DD. They've got £200 credit to cover the next few weeks or so.

Should I let Octopus know that I've cancelled?

I actually got an email from Iresa confirming cancellation of mine on 31st July - shouldn't worry about letting Octopus know:)
  • SuiDreams
    SuiDreams Posts: 2,393 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    No final bill showing on my Iresa Account, but credit balance seems to have dropped by 68p and can't see what this relates to, looks like they have lost a few pence of my money somewhere.
  • Mister_G
    Mister_G Posts: 1,927 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yep, I've been charged twice for the period 26 July to 1st August. It looks like they've used the estimated amount of 92.4 units and then the actual amount (I supplied the meter read) of 97 units.

Let's hope this is just a hiccup and they sort it out!
  • brewerdave
    Options
    Mister_G wrote: »
    Yep, I've been charged twice for the period 26 July to 1st August. It looks like they've used the estimated amount of 92.4 units and then the actual amount (I supplied the meter read) of 97 units.

Let's hope this is just a hiccup and they sort it out!

Very early on in the process ,I expressed the worry that there would be some double charging issues because of the weird way that Iresa calculated the end of month figure for billing. Just hope sorting it out doesn't delay the final switch to Octopus - want to switch to a cheaper deal but some seem to have vanished already:(
  • beardiedog
    Options
    I actually got an email from Iresa confirming cancellation of mine on 31st July - shouldn't worry about letting Octopus know:)

I received two emails from them last evening confirming cancellation of my DD and also one from Jon (love & power) Paull to say everything is on track for the 21st and final bills are being sent out.

Roll on the 21st so we can move on.
  • gardner1
    gardner1 Posts: 3,154 Forumite
    Options
    Love how Iresa site still gives me the option of switching to new contract
  • Al_Ross
    Al_Ross Posts: 907 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Have Octopus given a date when they have taken over our supply from failed Iresa and will we be charged at Iresa rate until such time?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure