Avro Energy reviews: Give your feedback

Options

Comments

• cleopatra7
    Options
    I contacted AVRO because I had £122 in credit. Seen Martin Lewis on the TV saying for you to request a refund of your credit. I requested £60 so I have credit to cover the extra in winter. Had confirmation email from them on 30th November confirming they will credit my account in 10 working days. I contacted them last Friday because the credit on my account hadn't changed and I hadn't received the £60 in my account. They told me to wait until today. still no credit or changes made on my account. Not happy to be messed about, it is my money. Awaiting a response, probably going to make me wait another 10 working days!
    Fortunate to have won since December 2012. :j

Samsung TV, 2tkts Andr! Rieu, 2 Tkts to WOW kate Bush show, Child's speaking Cat, Breakfast for 10 Colleagues, Classical CD.
  • tempus_fugit
    Options
    I'm going to kick this useless lot into touch asap. They haven't been awful, but incompetent would be a fair word. They constantly overestimate my gas bills, which would be fine if I hadn't bothered to outany readings in, but their stupid system keeps ignoring the meter readings, and then the bill comes through vastly above what we have actually used. We actually have negative bills through the year due to them having to adjust the readings down to the correct figures. They assured me that the system had just got "stuck" but the same thing is still,, happening and the latest bill has an estimate three times our actual usage. Am on the phone to them now but have been waiting 15 minutes so far to get through, with no messages reassuring me that I am making my way through the queue. Basically their message when you phone is "you went with a cheap provider so don't expect any customer service".
    Retired at age 56 after having "light bulb moment" due to reading MSE and its forums. Have been converted to the "budget to zero" concept and use YNAB for all monthly budgeting and long term goals.
  • Catherine17
    Options
    This is me 2nd year with Avro Energy and my last. I built a credit balance of almost £300 between Oct 17 & Oct 18 & I’ve been trying to get this money refunded from 15/10/18. I’ve had to lodge a complaint with the energy ombudsman but I still won’t have my money back before mid January. Avro customer service department can’t connect you to a manager, complaints or their finance department. Excuses I’ve been given are “it was only passed to finance 5/12/18, it then has to be processed which takes 14 days, it then gets authorised the Friday after the 14 days, then it takes a further 10 working days!!!! You do get told this after many other delays such as you have to be 2 months in advance; when you explain the credit was from the previous year they have to “look into this and get back to you”, then it can take 5 days to respond. IN SUMMARY - GO ELSEWHERE.
  • Consumerist
    Options
    . . . IN SUMMARY - GO ELSEWHERE.
    Whilst I understand your frustration, don't let your anger get in the way of hard-nosed economics. With Avro, it would seem that you need patience and if they are the cheapest supplier for you then I would suggest hanging in there. You will get your money back eventually. Any extra charges by a more expensive supplier, you will NEVER get back.
    >:)Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
  • Chrism03
    Options
    Signed up couple of months ago, moving from Edf. The move "seems" to be faultless, but not heard a peep from them, no email no account information (they are collecting the DD)
  • Consumerist
    Consumerist Posts: 6,310 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Chrism03 wrote: »
    Signed up couple of months ago, moving from Edf. The move "seems" to be faultless, but not heard a peep from them, no email no account information (they are collecting the DD)
    Have you registered online yet?

You only need to set up your email address and a password to log in to see if there is more information available about your account.
    >:)Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
  • Catriona_P
    Options
    My account is currently £290 in credit - and I've been regularly submitting meter readings - I submitted one on the 17th of this month to have a reminder the following day to submit again(?). I asked over a week ago to have my credit refunded but have had no response from Avro so far so have chased it up today.

So far they seem ok until now but looking at previous recent posts it seems getting a refund isn't the easiest thing in the world!
    "Why, this is hell, nor am I out of it."
  • bobthegas
    Options
    I moved from Avro on 8th October 2019, It was 28th November before I received my final Bill (only after email and telephone prompts). I was due a large repayment of credit which was promised in 10 working days- result nothing. After another 26 minute call wait today, I got to speak to someone and finally they have promised that I will receive MY cash back into my account in 3 days, 11 weeks after closing the account. Avro needs to get it's telephone answering service dragged into the 21st century and sort out its accounts department who are very efficient in taking my money and reluctant to pay back credit.
  • Catriona_P
    Options
    I've now been told that
    'there has been no bills generated on your account, the credit was an accumulation of your payments that you have made.

i have updated your account with all of your available bills.'

This makes absolutely no sense to me...and now my account is saying it's £421 in credit. Completely confused and no closer to my refund.
    "Why, this is hell, nor am I out of it."
  • Leear
    Leear Posts: 59 Forumite
    Options
    Leear wrote: »
    I just sent Avro a note (below).
    It comes to something when the Customer has to chase up the Supplier, to bill them!

After 6 days from reminding Avro to bill me (14th December) for the supplied meter readings in November.....Last night (20th December) I got a reply to my question above it said :-

Thank you for your email. Please let me apologise you have not been able to view the online statements. I believe I have now resolved the issue and they are now available to view.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help with.
    Kind Regards,
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure