PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Grocery Challenge - February 2012

Options

Comments

• rising_from_the_ashes
    Options
    nimbo wrote: »
    Saturday when i will treat myself to a 'takeaway' ie a boxed pizza from Iceland.

:rotfl:My "takeaway" is in the oven as we speak ...... only difference is it's from Al*di:D
    the woman in council benefits I spoke would not even send me a form as she said waste of my time

Grrrrrr PAH, sorry to hear things are tough - I'd put in a complaint as there is no way anyone would get away with that in our CT office.

Have you had a look at your council's website?

Our local council (and many others) now have claim forms for CT benefits available online .....
    Grocery Challenge £211/£455 (01/01-31/03)
    2016 Sell: £125/£250
    £1,000 Emergency Fund Challenge #78 £3.96 / £1,000
    Vet Fund: £410.93 / £1,000
    Debt free & determined to stay that way!
  • rising_from_the_ashes
    Options
    Sorry I've been missing a couple of days - the week started to go downhill on Weds with a disasterous attempt at an MRI scan:eek: and has finished off today with me being convinced it was Saturday when I woke up (not just a fleeting moment - I was happily tucked up enjoying my lie in ....... when I thought the street was a bit busy for a Sat - turned on the telly and ......:eek::eek::eek:).

Have had a few small spends - popped to Al*di on the way home tonight & got sliced meats & yoghurts for lunches for the next 2 weeks :) and a few others bits (less than £15 spent) but had to pop to Co*op when I got home as I forgot to get eggs:mad:

Honestly, I can't believe how expensive these are in the shops - I usually get at the farm shop (need to go past on my way to Mr A) but don't need to go over the weekend so seemed silly to waste extra petrol just for that.

Anyway, picked up a few whoopsied Gin*sters peppered steak slices (I love these & are great for a lunch at weekends but refuse to pay full price for them) which are now safely tucked up in the freezer:)

Must brave the outside :eek: to grab a chicken from the big freezer - hoping for a nice roast tomorrow and Risotto on Sun:)

Opps - sorry:o total for the month so far is £56.45 - which seems high as really don't think I've bought that much ..... but I guess that does incl 3 weeks worth of milk which is about £20 and lunch stuff for the next 2 weeks ...... mmmmmmm

Stay safe and warm whever you are - very odd seeing England with snow and having none up here.
    Grocery Challenge £211/£455 (01/01-31/03)
    2016 Sell: £125/£250
    £1,000 Emergency Fund Challenge #78 £3.96 / £1,000
    Vet Fund: £410.93 / £1,000
    Debt free & determined to stay that way!
  • scotmumof3
    scotmumof3 Posts: 1,951 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    living proof - sorry to hear your news take care of yourself
    Elsiepac -the pancakes were amazing thanks:T
    A NSD for me today we had chilli and rice for tea which I made yesterday (day off work) was really nice and finished off with pancakes
    Hope everyone is keeping safe and warm weather not bad here in stirlingshire at least we are escaping the snow:)
    Debt free as of 29.10.2020 🎉😁
    SPC #73 Feb NSD 0/20
  • bunbun2
    bunbun2 Posts: 3,540 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    living proof sorry to hear your news

my GC totals are a bit out this month. I knew when I stated the GC that would be the hardest part - keeping track of what i have spent. however...doing the challenge has made me think about what I am buying and I know I have spent less than normal. I have only set foot in mr T for milk!
    saving for ds2's summer international scout camp - £200
    £60 deposit paid :j £100 paid:j £40 paid:j
  • PennyGrabber
    Options
    Living proof, so sorry to hear your news. Life just sucks sometimes, and you will need time to come to terms with all the little things that will now change (like veggies). Thinking of you.xx

My present to myself - I bought myself a cricut cake!! I know it's really expensive, but I was going to go away this weekend, and I can't now because my boiler is leaking (long story, but not being fixed til 20th), so I have to be around to keep emptying the bucket! So, that saved over £100, so I balanced the cost of that with my present... And am now trying to justify it to myself! But, omg, it's amazing! For those who don't know, it cuts out icing/cookie mix in shapes that I can choose form a cartridge - seriously, google it, and you'll see why i'm sooooo excited! I'm really hoping it comes soon, so we can play with it during half term.

'Takeaway' for dinner tonight, chicken goujons, curly chips, a la kfc, from the a$da freezer! Smothered in loads mayo, the only thing I'll miss is the awesome gravy they do. Going to curl up now and watch some telly, hope there's something half decent on.

Night all,

PG x
    Grocery challenge for family of three - me, dd(12) and ds(11), feeding dp 2 or 3 x a week too. Only food, not toiletries. Jan £87.97/£100 Feb £0/£100
    Frugal 2018 needed! Saving and NOT spending
  • cw18
    cw18 Posts: 8,619 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    My present to myself - I bought myself a cricut cake!!
    I have to admit that baby hasn't appealed to me at all, but I do own an Expression (which I won in a raffle :T) as well as a Craft R0b0 - and a sidekick, and an original S!zzix, and a BIg Sh0t, and two QK handtools (an original and a squeeze) :o
    Cheryl
  • bunbun2
    bunbun2 Posts: 3,540 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I think that looks fab PG. I have a craft robo and cuttlebug but to be able to do the same for cakes would be great! have fun!
    saving for ds2's summer international scout camp - £200
    £60 deposit paid :j £100 paid:j £40 paid:j
  • elsiepac
    elsiepac Posts: 2,561 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi guys

Haven't caught up with the thread yet as literally about to run out the door to see a friend for an hour or two - just wanted to report a Week 3 main shop of £6.33 :beer: Will need a couple of bits later in the week, but pretty pleased with that!

Oh the falafel burgers were YUMMY (looked like carp but who cares :D )

LC

Feb GC: £61.64/£98
    Week 1: £13.38/£14
    Week 2: £17.69/£18
    Week 3: £6.33/£13
    Week 4: £0/£14
    Week 5: £0/£14
    Stores: £24.24/£25
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Old Style, Crafting and Techie Stuff boards.If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    GC: May 22 £tbc/£250 Vegan 27-8-13
  • she_who_can_not_cook
    Options
    mi_jardin wrote: »
    I spent a bit more today, what a shocker. I bought cheapo bleach (MrS is now 50p a bottle!!! It was 28p last time! GRRR!),

HAve you tried the bleach tablets from the pound shop i think they are great value
    Gc 2013 +26 -5. -4 -7 -14 -15 -10.-8.20 +15p+30+5.80 Dec +9 GROCERY challenge 2014 Jan -2Feb -3 March -1.50 April +5.40 May +4.90 June -3.July 16.50/85

God bless my sweet "old man" Goldie that died in the early hours of 27 th March please see him on my avatar
  • sorting_myself_out
    Options
    Hiya everyone!
    4 nsd's to put down for this week!! Feel like i've caught up abit from my big spend last week....taken advice and meal planned for the rest of the month...Just need a few bits for lunches, got a few portions of hm carrot and coriander soup to get me throught the next week...and this cold weather!! At last a whole weekend off....!! Just going to chill out!! Enjoy everyone! Stay warm xx
    Debt free since July 2013 - Saving for a rainy day ☔️☔️☀️☀️
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport