NST October Finding Your Inner ferret

Options

Comments

• mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Planning ahead daily banana, dog walking and other plans sounding good.

I have had a quiet day. The dizziness has lessened but taking things carefully, especially washing my hair. Have not spent any money. I am going to try going to sleep between 9pm and 10pm - will just lie down and read but no screen time. I will eventually fall asleep (or get up and do housework until I bore myself into sleeping).

Still doing my victory dance between the bedroom and bathroom. Today I am grateful for lovely weather, blue skies and fluffy clouds, simple food mainly using things thst need using up and clean washing.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • Siebrie
    Siebrie Posts: 2,902 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 2 October 2016 at 9:01PM
    Options
    That is two weeks pay in October and two weeks in November!

My Ferret Victory Dance: I had the guts to join this challenge!
    Are you wombling, too, in '22? € 58,96 = £ 52.09Wombling in Restrictive Times (2021) € 2.138,82 = £ 1,813.15Wombabeluba 2020! € 453,22 = £ 403.842019's wi-wa-wombles € 2.244,20 = £ 1,909.46Wombling to wealth 2018 € 972,97 = £ 879.54Still a womble 2017 #25 € 7.116,68 = £ 6,309.50Wombling Free 2016 #2 € 3.484,31 = £ 3,104.59
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Fmess well done on the stretch and extra money towards debt busting.

Welcome Siebrie.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • swimminginaseaofdebt
    swimminginaseaofdebt Posts: 942 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 2 October 2016 at 8:48PM
    Options
    Evening everyone,

A bit of a lazy day for me spent pottering about the house mostly.

My exercise consisted of a walk down to the supermarket and back again this morning and a walk down to my mums in the evening.

I went to do my weekly shop today and bought a packet of pasta to pop into the supermarket's food bank station. I'm planning to donate an item a week rather than doing it all in one go.
    VSPC 2019 #10 - £168.80/£100 VSPC 2020 #4 - £262.03/£200 VSPC 2021 #9 - £242.88/£200 VSPC 2022 #3 - £188.03/£200 VSPC 2023 #7 - £0/£200
  • WelshKitty85
    WelshKitty85 Posts: 1,439 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options

Also signed up to BT for fibre Internet as my deal is about to run out. All my guests seem to sit in their room streaming and my internet can't cope. So I have gone for fast unlimited. Will be £382 for the year but get £100 MasterCard and £100 cashback from quidco so not too bad overall :)

Be prepared to have to battle with Quidco for your cashback! I've been fighting for months to get mine, with Quidco telling me I didn't have a valid BT order, and BT telling me that there is no offer available through Quidco. I have just finally been awarded my cashback, but only because I posted on here and on social media. Hopefully it will be easier for you, but don't let it go if they say no!
  • nannygladys
    nannygladys Posts: 3,075 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone, well I've not been out at all today so at least no money spent. I was taken to see Bridget Jones at the pictures last night and I really enjoyed it but I paid for some coffee so yesterday wasn't a sfd.
    I have been doing a bit of crafting for Xmas today, I'm trying to make most of the gifts I'll give but it's going to be hard as some days I can't get motivated and then just lately I've been going down the lottie most days, but I'll keep at it.

Anyway I have to collect my new glasses tomorrow and then as the weather is supposed to be quite dry I will be down the lottie!! It's great to be able to make a hot drink now down there, I just didn't realise what I was missing!! Anyway going now to make a drink and then an early night.
    Nannyg
    2024 is going to be a positive year for me, and it's starting now!! 
    Buys: All budgeted and paid by cash!
    Jan - fridge/freezer
              Hoover
    Feb - milk frother, curtain pole x2, roller blind - bathroom, toilet seat, bath sink taps, kitchen sink waste unit and an extra double electric socket.
    March - raised bed for garden, bathroom cabinet, roller blind - kitchen

• clippy_girl
    clippy_girl Posts: 2,283 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Be prepared to have to battle with Quidco for your cashback! I've been fighting for months to get mine, with Quidco telling me I didn't have a valid BT order, and BT telling me that there is no offer available through Quidco. I have just finally been awarded my cashback, but only because I posted on here and on social media. Hopefully it will be easier for you, but don't let it go if they say no!

Thanks. It has tracked so at least I have proof but will ensure I keep my eye on it!
    :j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 3 October 2016 at 7:40AM
    Options
    £25.19 to add to my grocery spend total from Azda today. Also bought a pair of PJs for DS3 (for Xmas Eve) and 2 books for Xmas presents.

3 items paid for on fleabay today (2 sold today, 1 on Fri), so money in and things will be posted tomorrow. Have a further 2 items ending tomorrow with bids :):) This 'extra' money is all going to OH's 0% CC which has the last bit of our holiday expenditure on. The idea is to hopefully clear all of this by 31st Dec (although 0% period goes on for much longer) (ETA: Sunday's sales = £29.66 after all costs)

Sunnier day today so managed to do a tiny bit in garden (all of about 10 minutes) but went for a walk with youngest just before it got dark, so just under 25minutes walking time too :)

Healthy eating - didn't have breakfast (genuinely wasn't hungry, so didn't see the point) and had slightly earlier lunch of leftover curr-illi and rice (spinach, tomatoes, mushrooms, peppers, onions included) and then had HM cottage pie for dinner (5% lean mince bulked out with lots of carrots, swede, onions and peas and used up 3 x small o-o-d tubs of marmite in it) Unhealthiest bit was the very yummy HM rice pudding for pudding - gorgeous, if I say so myself! There's lots of cottage pie left (4 good portions) and some rice pudding too. I also baked bread and rolls for the week :)

Oh - and I sorted my wardrobe out - was leftover from Sept's NST challenge! :D:D
    x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 2 October 2016 at 10:38PM
    Options
    Good evening!

No SFD yet. Little shop on Sat and big shop today. But we should be fine till we go to FIL on Sat while DH does his triathlon. We had a mainly lazy day yesterday but I got some things done in the garden today (last trim of grass and hedge, sowed green manure). Will cut some more stuff back like flowers and strawbs over the next week. This year was a big test year re growing veg and I learnt a lot. So next year should be much more productive. Also scrubbed the conservatory roof, so much more light in there now.

Checked my online accounts on Friday and a myterious £100.45 appeared in the savings account I just opened a week ago. Someone must've had a typo when they paid in cash in branch or sth. Phoned the bank and they sounded surprised and said just wait a while, the person might realise their mistake and claim it back. If not I'll phone the bank back in a week's time.

Wow greent, just noticed your signature. You paid your £120 k mortgage of in only 6 years. Well done!!! How did you manage that. Did you just live of one wage? With 3 kids? EDIT just found your diary, off for a read :)
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,880 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    First NSD for me today. Walked to and from shift so 1hr exercise, was so cold walking up in the morning but sun had come out by the time I finished so a lovely walk home. Stayed on for an extra hour so more pennies for me :)

@sda order arrived, ordered a huge pack of mushrooms by mistake so tea tomorrow will be chicken and mushroom pasta bake using up some leftover chicken from tonight's roast. No fruit today :o but plenty of veg with the roast. Lunch for tomorrow is prepared - pitta bread, hummus and salad.
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10552.61/£15000 (70.4% saved). Emergency fund - £1428.98/£1500 (95.3% saved).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure