Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

Options

Comments

• Just an update and happy to share, we were advised by MB this that our mortgage application has been agreed by Santander!!! And after an hour, I received a text and email from Santander that they pleased to confirm a mortgage offer has been issued... so waiting for the postman in a few days!!! Atm, our timeline with Santander:
    AIP - 19/10
    Full application with Santander via MB- 21/10
    Valuation done after a week.
    Documents required - 5/11
    Queries about statement- 12/11 (w/underwriters)
    18/11 - Confirmation of full mortgage offer issued.

We are ftb, 95% ltv, with debts.
    All the best to all who are waiting!!
    :j:j:j
  • Dega
    Options
    So pleased to share we received our mortgage offer today. Such a huge relief. Re-sharing my timeline for anyone else who needs a bit of encouragement.

Offer accepted on house: 28OCT19
    AIP/DIP from HSBC: 02NOV19
    Conveyancer calls about valuation: 02NOV19 (not sure how this was so speedy
    Valuation completed: 06NOV19
    Underwriter queries some docs and broker responds: 06NOV19
    Mortgage offer provided: 19NOV19

I think this forum showed me that it mostly always works out in the end, so try not to worry. All the best for those still waiting.
  • steveno85
    Options
    Very positive page and congratulations to everyone who have received their offer.

My timeline:

AIP/DIP from Nationwide: 15th October 2019

Offer accepted on house: 25th October 2019

Full Mortgage Application via Broker: 8th November 2019 (received text from Nationwide confirming receipt of application)

Valuation Booking: Valuation Booked for 18th November (received text from Nationwide) Valuation would have been booked sooner but the vendor was on holiday and returned back on the 17th November.

Valuation Completed: Text from Nationwide on 18th November @ 18:06 hrs confirming receipts of valuation report and they will be in touch if they need any more information.

Mortgage offer: Text from Nationwide on 18th November @ 18:10 hrs saying: “ Hi Nationwide here. We’re pleased to let you know we’ve issued a mortgage offer. Please make sure you read the offer carefully.”

At this point I dropped my phone and nearly cried my eyes out. It was such a relief. I am awaiting all the paperwork by post etc., but this is a massive relief and the rest is now up to the solicitors. I have to say I am very impressed by Nationwide and the speed they have done everything.

I had to get a DIP/AIP before I could put an offer in the house due to the estate agents requesting it to show I was a serious buyer despite me providing proof of deposit etc. (I was not particularly impressed by this but what can I do, I wanted the house.)

My broker to his credit did not miss a trick and took as much information from me as possible. Nationwide did do a soft search on my credit file and my broker is 100% certain they will a hard search just before completion.

I think the fact I bank with Nationwide (only been baking with them since Jan 2019, I opened one of their flex direct accounts) and my deposit savings is spilt between two savings account I have with them probably made things a lot smoother.

To anyone waiting on their offer, my advice to you is try not to worry. It’s a situation that is out of our hands and I did my best to keep myself occupied by not thinking about it. I know it’s easier said then done.

I am a first time buyer, 90% LTV with no debts, good salary putting down 25k deposit.

:j:beer::rotfl::T
  • Monkeysocks42
    Options
    We're now in the waiting game too:

Application with Nationwide to port existing borrowing
    AIP 11/11
    Full Application 13/11
    Valuation booked for 20/11

With this and an exam to sit in under two weeks, I feel like my stress/panic levels are through the roof!

Just an update on our application. Mortgage valuation was done yesterday (20th), email received from Nationwide at 17.08 confirming they had the report and at 17.09 another email confirming our mortgage offer had been issued!! This is the second time we've obtained a mortgage with Nationwide and they were this efficient both times.

Now we can actually get excited about moving! :j
  • Paddy8214
    Options
    In the waiting game, all done with Barclays through a broker as I had a wee bit of adverse that was all over 3yrs old, a CCJ £447, and a few late payments.

Dip- 12/11
    Offer accepted - 14/11
    App submitted - 18/11
    Survey booked - 26/11
  • The_Lakesman
    Options
    Long story short I went to a high street bank for a mortgage which was my bank, explained my situation and asked if they could help me. I was divorced 8years ago and it was a messy divorce which resulted in my house being Repossessed. But with the sale of the house and a few years to pay back the remaining balance I cleared the debt. Now fast forward 8 years and a good credit score with Equifax I decided to try for another mortgage with my new partner now Wife. We put our house on the market and had a buyer who’s offer we accepted. So we put an offer in for a property which was also accepted. This is were it got complex, I had an AIP for £165000 so with £20k deposit from the sale of my partners house we had an offer accepted on a property for £185k. I was straight up with the bank went through everything with them about my past, they said it was ok as it was 8years ago and you now have a good clean credit file from showing them my Equifax file. But they said it passes it passes if it doesn’t it doesn’t.

Low and behold the credit score search came back good and everything was passed with not even a warning or anything on the screen.It’s now gone to the next stage the underwriters and valuation.

Has anyone had it passed by the credit search then turned down by the underwriter as we are panicking a bit as we are waiting for the official offer now but paid for land searched and valuation.

The banks mortgage adviser did say at first because of your repossessed property they may not be able to do the application but her manager said it shouldn’t be a problem now it’s been well over 8 years since the repossessed house.

So AIP accepted 28/10/19
    Mortgage application passed with Credit search 14/11/19
    Waiting for Official Offer now.

🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

Just an update 23/11/19

Mortgage offer on the table from Natwest.....:D:D:D
  • Gemma3378
    Options
    Offer on house accepted on 13/11/19
    Mortgage application completed on 19/11/19
    Extra bank statements requested on 21/11/19
    Valuation instructed on 22/11/19
    More extra info regarding self employed accounts requested on 25/11/19
  • Gemma3378
    Options
    How long was it from valuation to offer with Natwest?
  • dreiblathena
    Options
    A wee update from FTB buyers in Scotland:

We finally 'exchanged' (concluded Missives) Yesterday 25.11, and are due to get the keys on Thursday. Lets hope everything goes smoothly. :j:j:j
  • Paddy8214
    Options
    Just had a call from the EA to say valuation was done this morning. Anyone an idea on timeframes with Barclays from valuation to offer? Thanks
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback