GB Energy: bill from the administrators, and meter reading errors

Options

Comments

• mouseclick
    mouseclick Posts: 236 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I found a phone number for GB Energy on my bill, 0800 6444 451. There, I spoke to a person who accessed my records, and agreed with the final gas and electricity reading from OVO, before I transferred to GB Energy, and confirmed my final gas reading with GB Energy when I transferred away. All that remains is the final electricity reading, which apparently has been agreed, but they can't find a record of their dealings with EDF, my current supplier.

So today, the person acting for GB Energy (now Cooperative Energy) will contact the named person at EDF to resolve the electricity reading discrepancy. Then I should get a correct bill, and a refund.

So, fingers crossed, I will wait...
  • millie
    millie Posts: 1,443 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    mouseclick wrote: »
    traditional meters as customers have to rely on estimated bills.My meter cannot easily be read now, I have to press a small button and several readings scroll. Even the meter readers get it wrong. What a crazy mistake to be made! Unbelievable. Furthermore, I think the low reading on the meter, from the meter reader, may have caused GB Energy to simply add a digit. This explains why my gas meter reading with them started at 5000, rather than the 500, which it was at the time. Even now it is only 2500. What a mess.

I am in the same position as you. GB Energy fitted my smart meter a month before they went bust and it never worked from the moment it was fitted. They could not take my meter readings and thier system would not let me or them put the readings in manually. It took Co-op Energy 3 monthe to sort it and bill me and that was after I said I was going to OFGEM. I have the same difficultly reading it as you pressing buttons and working out which is the correct numbr to give them. I am in the process of changing to First Utility, they have offered to fit a new smart meter bui I am not sure I want it.
  • mouseclick
    Options
    millie wrote: »
    I am in the same position as you. GB Energy fitted my smart meter a month before they went bust and it never worked from the moment it was fitted. They could not take my meter readings and thier system would not let me or them put the readings in manually. It took Co-op Energy 3 monthe to sort it and bill me and that was after I said I was going to OFGEM. I have the same difficultly reading it as you pressing buttons and working out which is the correct numbr to give them. I am in the process of changing to First Utility, they have offered to fit a new smart meter bui I am not sure I want it.

This problem will get bigger as people change energy suppliers. GB Energy were reluctant to admit there was a problem, and I think that is why they made up completely fictitious meter readings, which were several thousand units out, and seemed to be quite random. I think they were just made up to kick the can down the road.

I am currently waiting a call from GB Energy's administrators. My current supplier, EDF, has placed the buck with them. However, GB (Coop?) tell me that I have to speak to the GB administrators to get the paperwork amended. I was due for a call back yesterday from a man in the administration team, who's name I do not yet know, but nothing. I was told it could be today. In the meantime, Nicole Rastall has sent me two emails saying:
    "Just for clarity we are not GB Energy nor an energy supplier we are CD Sol,unions that have been employed by BDO the administrators to collect outstanding balances that are currently owed by former GB Energy customers."

and
    "We only have access to the final bill as issued by GB Energy. We are not your supplier, we are the collection agent working with the administrators, I have attached the final bill again for you to coincide the meter readings with the readings you have with OVO."

So I sent her a screenshot of my true OVO readings, and explained the situation. Again, I wait.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 9 May 2017 at 8:48PM
    Options
    CDS_Global wrote: »
    Removed by Forum Team

Hi - CDS Global. You need to delete your post as you are in breach of MSE rules on posts by Company Representatives.
  • Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,135 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hengus wrote: »
    Hi - CDS Global. You need to delete your post as you are in breach of MSE rules on posts by Company Representatives.

CDS Global - As pointed out by Hengus - you were in breach of MSE forum rules so your post has been removed.

For more information about correctly posting as a Company Representative please visit http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/site/forum-faqs?_ga=2.243179590.536097585.1494324384-1037682649.1480869123#companies

Thanks

Dobbi
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
  • mouseclick
    Options
    OK, thanks for that, Hengus and Dobbibill, I don't post here often, so was unaware of that rule, apologies. Now the demands for payment have ceased, and I am to be refunded, apparently
  • Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,135 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    mouseclick wrote: »
    OK, thanks for that, Hengus and Dobbibill, I don't post here often, so was unaware of that rule, apologies. Now the demands for payment have ceased, and I am to be refunded, apparently

Mouseclick - you have done nothing wrong.

My earlier post was to CDS Global who were breaching MSE rules, not you.

I'm glad you are receiving your refund. I hope it comes through soon.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
  • mouseclick
    Options
    Dobbibill wrote: »
    Mouseclick - you have done nothing wrong.

My earlier post was to CDS Global who were breaching MSE rules, not you.

I'm glad you are receiving your refund. I hope it comes through soon.

Ah I see. Well to be fair to them, they have acted sensibly now that they are aware of the correct meter readings. I did mention I was posting here. So thanks to them for dealing with in a sensible way.

I am still waiting for my refund. I an sure that will be forthcoming though, now that all four correct readings are available from my not-so-smart meter.
  • mouseclick
    Options
    I am pleased to say that my current supplier, EDF Energy, have corrected the meter readings based on OVO's final readings in early 2016, giving me a substantial credit on my previous incorrect estimates. So I am just waiting now for GB / Cooperative Energy to pick up on OVO's final smart meter readings, and the agreed start readings with EDF in mid 2016. Then hopefully I will get my £40 refund and all will be well, apart from ongoing problems with my unreadable smart meter
  • millie
    millie Posts: 1,443 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    millie wrote: »

My smart meter problems get more by the day. My move to First Utility is now complete. When I went to take the opening readings I was in for a shock. My last reading to Co-op/GB Energy 3 weeks ago was 1330 the reading now is 186 so somehow the meter has re-set itself since the last reading. The reading has been submitted so lets see what Co-op? Gb make of this for my final bill. They have nearly £300 of my money so it had better be sorted soon.

We did have a power cut a few weeks ago (Severn Trent damaged the cable so perhaps that is something to do with it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure