Cheery's buttling diary: tea in one hand, plant pot in the other, running shoes on

Options

Comments

• starnac
    starnac Posts: 5,917 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Oh no Cheery! I've just caught up. Hope you are feeling better now.
    Goals for September
    Declutter 10/20
    Money Made £56.52/£200
    Overpayments £0/£200 not this month as need to put into savings instead
  • rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,538 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Oh Cheery - so dreadful to hear you've had such a tiresome escapade with your back!

Hope you are resting and the strong painkillers have done their job!

Tea, cake & hot water bottle should be the only things on your agenda this weekend!

(Pilates went out the window for the rest of the week - I've sprained my ankle!)
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,710 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Oh no, not you incapacitated too RT! :eek: hope you're on the mend soon x

I seem to be getting slightly more mobile. Went for a lovely slow gentle walk last night which helped :j nt tried getting out of bed this morning yet mind you :rotfl:

Mother is coming today - I'd previously said I'd take her on a bike ride :rotfl: :rotfl: Not much chance of that :D said she's bringing her crochet and we can sit in the garden but it's all been trampled by the roofers so might have to put her to work :D

Roofers finished - £471 in total. They ended up replacing the tiles as well as the mortar which wasn't what I'd wanted although I could see why they'd misinterpreted my texts and I wasn't here when they did it. There's plenty that needs fixing up thee still but they've redone the bit that was leaking so I'm going to get the inside plastered and hope for the best! :j
  • rtandon27
    Options
    Glad to hear you are feeling better Cheery! and that you too are having a mom visit with chill out time in the garden.

And hooray to roofers who do what they are supposed to do! (and then some)

I'm still mobile, but very ouchy - with an ankle brace - but the commute was a struggle - lots of people in a hurry who seem to be intent on walking through rather than around others!
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    Ooh yes RT, commute scared me a little when I realised just how hard it was to get out of people's way when they were rushing! And some idiot teenahe boy watched me gingerly hobble through the station yesterday then thought it was funny to shout 'yaaaaaa!' really loudly right behind me :eek: !!!!!!! :mad:
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    Afternoon chums :hello:

All improving nicely here :j Took the last of the diazepam last night and while I'm nowhere near back to normal, I'm MUCH more mobile now.

Went for check up with the doc this morning - he's given me a lower dose of diazepam in case I need them (I don't think I do any more) and also given me what looks like a year's supply of ibuprofen and paracetamol :eek: I certainly didn't ask and would have bought them myself but I get free prescriptions after having my thyroid removed so he stuck them on there too. Feel a bit guilty about that :o

Anyway, I'm fine to work although he's done me a fit note recommending I work at home for the rest of the week (work are fine with that - the only thing I had booked in anyway was a teleconference tomorrow and I can do that from home, obviously :D ) So I suppose that'll save me nearly £50 in bus/train fares this week if nowt else :money:

Apparently I need to just keep moving and not seize up again so lots of pottering and making sure I don't sit at desk all day. Good job I'm a fidgeter by nature and not really capable of sitting still for long anyway then :D

got some experimental spelt bread in the bread machine with the AF spelt flour - should work out around 15p a loaf (plus negligible electricity of course) :money:

Also bought the !!!!!! and James Strawbridge bread making book in The Works yesterday reduced from £13 to £3 so once I'm up to a bit of kneading it'll be experimental breads galore round here - still got that 16kilo sack of malted grain flour to use up after all! :eek: :rotfl:
  • starnac
    starnac Posts: 5,917 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Glad you are feeling a bit better Cheery. Hope you are feeling better soon too RT.
    Goals for September
    Declutter 10/20
    Money Made £56.52/£200
    Overpayments £0/£200 not this month as need to put into savings instead
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    Thanks starnac :kisses3:

Spelt loaf is LOVELY :j :j a really nice triumph :j

Two cheery things today - an impromptu lunch with a friend I didn't realise was over from Australia and cheery work pal brought her baby round for a visit :j Really nice to see all of them - but goodness me I'm exhausted now! :eek: Only had ibuprofen today so not sure why! Still stuffed full of diazepam from yesterday maybe...

Anyway, a restful evening I think!
  • rtandon27
    Options
    Aww thank-you starnac! :kisses3:

Much better thank-you but it is still strapped up. We went for a seaside walk yesterday with a stop for brunch at a little cafe. Ankle held up well, but then was wearing really supportive shoes!

Cheery so glad you are starting to feel better and :T:T:T to saving the commute fare! Is that extra to the savings? patchwork fund? or no quibble weekends?:D
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    Not sure yet - most of it went on all those taxi fares the other day! :eek: :rotfl:

Glad your ankle is holding up and :j :j to a seasidey walk :j :j How lovely :D

Just done YNAB after a couple of days of ignoring it :o Goodness me, it's a LOT easier when you do it as you go along! :eek: I have the app which works perfectly - when you enter stuff in it :o but I've been distracted and in pain this week and haven't been doing :o

Still, I had plenty of receipts and I hadn't done *that* much stuff so it's all nicely figured out now :j Seem to have already run out of dish in my personal spending section mind you so if I do spend anything else it'll have to be pilfered from elsewhere :eek:

Not much else planned for this month thank goodness. Working at home all week so no train fares and no lure of train station food :o Flute choir on Saturday - if I can stand up and hold flute for long enough - we'll see. A bit of work-related travel next week, and my plastering course next weekend :j :j

And then we're off on our HOLIDAYS soon! :j :j :j :j :j Still not got anywhere to stay though :o :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure