PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style Weight Loss 2019 Part 3

Options

Comments

• Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,132 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 24 July 2019 at 10:18PM
    Options
    Old Style Weight Loss Challenge 2019 Third Quarter

01/07/19 - 30/09/19

Imperial (lbs)
    Brambling 2/10 STS/:):)/STS
    Cranky 0.5/- :);)/STS/:D
    DundeeDoll -/10
    Frith 10/14 :)/:):):):):):):):):)
    Gingerlily -5/14 :D:D:D/:D:D
    HoneytheWitch 0.5/14 STS/;)
    Izadora -1.5/7 :D:o/
    Katiepants 3/14 :):):)/
    MovingForward -/10 STS/STS
    Need2bthrifty 3/14 :):):)/
    Rosewood -/14
    S_glover 8/12 :):):):):)/:):):)/STS
    Sirens -4/ 14 ;)/:D:D:D:D:o
    Zafiro1984 4/28 :)/:):):)

Weight Loss week 1 ....i'll do the math later ........
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • Brambling
    Options
    Hi Guys :wave:

I think i picked up all your weigh ins please let me know if i've missed you, my original message was lost to the ether so I had to redo :cool:

Wow Frith
  • katiepants
    katiepants Posts: 184 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello All,

I weighed in for the first time since coming back from holidays, and pleased to report a 3lb loss I'm pleasantly surprised, as although I had a lot of alcohol, we did lots of walking and I lost my appetite in the 30 degree heat.
    Sealed pot challenge 11: number 594
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,157 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    B - yoghurt and berries

L - avocado and smoked salmon

T - chick peas, avocado and smoked salmon
  • s_glover
    s_glover Posts: 653 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi Brambling - I seem to have already reported 3 weigh-ins when everyone else has only done 2!! Please can you add a 3lb loss which I originally posted on 15th Jul 19 at 8:36 AM?

Well done with your losses everyone, seems to have been a good week.

Yesterday was a busy one at work so I didn't get out a lunchtime. I did go for a very sweaty, hilly, huffy puffy run with the other half after work. 5.4 miles. Had a lovely tea of fishcakes and warm squash salad with avocado, rocket and mozarella, following by quite a large piece of cake brought back from out visit at the weekend.

It's certainly a warm one here today, so it's a salad medley for tea; homemade coleslaw, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, homous, edamame beans and bulgar wheat. We'll have leftovers for lunch tomorrow too.
  • Frith
    Options
    B - chick peas (using them up!), avocado and anchovy

L - scrambled egg and anchovy

T - muntjac casserole, shot, butchered and cooked by my brother. And peas.

Fairly BSD.
  • Brambling
    Options
    Evening

Sorry s_glover I have amended the list to include your 3lbs I make that 8lbs :)

it has been a very hot day today 33 when I left the office at 5.30pm I was glad I left the curtains closed this morning. I'm sitting in a linen dress which I brought when i was 2.5 stone heavier so it's a little roomy :rotfl: and not suitable for outside the house :cool: I don't think I have the sewing skills to take it in and as it wasn't expensive not worth paying someone to do it.

Exercise has been limited today as I preferred the air conditioning to walking lunchtime and I prefer not to risk my asthma with the heat

B - mixed berries, nectarine and Greek yogurt
    L - beef salad
    D- quorn goujons, purple sprouting broccoli and a sprinkle of cheddar over the veg
    S- grapes and a fibre one brownie
  • s_glover
    s_glover Posts: 653 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thank you Brambling :T

I've been wearing a pair a shorts around the house garden which are many years old and fit when I was heavier - think I need to find a new pair as they keep falling down and I can see an embarrassing scenario happening anytime soon!
  • Frith
    Options
    B - scrambled egg with a bit of chorizo

L - hummus, celery, carrot

T - Jack Monroe’s mushroom Rogan Josh.
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,765 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good evening all,

I was + 1 lb this week as it's been my first week of running and as per usual I have eaten every carb that wasn't nailed down. I'm on day two of my three days off that seem to be my rota for the next few weeks (work 4, off 3) and I've spent a lot of time in the kitchen making suitable things.

I made salmon and broccoli quiche from the P.O.N. book today. I used salmon trimmings because they're cheap and it didn't need to look pretty. I have to say the results were worth the effort (spending my time off in a hot kitchen when my work days also involve a hot kitchen). It was really tasty. Hopefully the carb fest is over now as I had the quiche with some low calorie coleslaw but no potatoes, bread etc.

It's helping that the HT is also coming running with me and is trying to follow a healthy (for him anyway.....) meal plan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure