IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Eye - Always a scam??

Options

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 18 October 2017 at 9:15PM
    Options
    This is not your thread, and in fact it’s getting towards 6 years old. :eek:

As you’re at court stage, you need to read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #2 and then come back once you’re familiar with the process and not then asking questions that are already covered in the sticky, start a new thread of your own.

Forum etiquette/rules, one case, one thread, otherwise everything gets messy, confused and possibly expensive if advice is misconstrued.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • yolo47
    yolo47 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 5 April 2018 at 6:29PM
    Options
    Advise

If using any parking facility keep your tickets in a safe place for future reference, If machine is faulty take a video &, or photo.

ParkingEye are trying to get me to pay a fine for parking at City of Coventry Health Centre on the 27 February 2018 without paying.

Based on the following text from ParkingEye
    However, after further investigation, we can confirm that there
    are no vehicle details within the parking system that in any way resemble your
    vehicle registration.
    I'm currently in the appeals process & have asked them to supply information as to what the "parking system" includes i.e. parking ticket machines ?

Lucky for me I kept the parking tickets which in this case, shows the time of purchase, the amount paid and my vehicle registration number.

I feel, if they can waste my time with a poor attempt to extort money from honest law abiding citizen, I can waste theirs.

:whistle:
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    @yolo47

Please start your own thread on this one. If you do, I'll go out and order my popcorn.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,357 Forumite
    Options
    yolo47 wrote: »
    Advise

Based on the following text from ParkingEye
    However, after further investigation, we can confirm that there
    are no vehicle details within the parking system that in any way resemble your vehicle registration.

Lucky for me I kept the parking tickets which in this case, shows the time of purchase, the amount paid and my vehicle registration number.

Interesting. Just be sure that none of the following apply:

1. You were in a second car, yet entered the VRM of your other car.
    2. It wasn't a hire car/courtesy car, yet entered your personal car's VRM.
    3. There hasn't been a numeric '0' entered instead of an alpha 'O' (or vice versa).
    4. Similarly a numeric '1' instead of an alpha 'I' (or vice versa).

Any minor human error is seen as fair game for the outlaws to strike.

If none of the above apply, I'll share IamEmanresu's popcorn. No, park that (pardon the pun), I'll get some extra in!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Smiffie
    Smiffie Posts: 17 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I received an invoice to pay a fine because it states I was over the 2 hours but I was parked in a disabled parking bay and displayed my blue badge (which gives me 3 hours free). My daughter was near the car park (which has a Carpet Right, Lidl’s and a curry’s. I have appealed going on the basis of the blue badge as the only two pictures were of my husband driving out of the car park. I have asked them to provide proof that we parked showing the blue badge. I am waiting a reply which I do not have any hope of winning. Should I just ignore the letter when it arrives or could someone please help me with the next step? The sign does not say a disabled badge does not have the 3 hours all it says is “2 hour max stay (in bold) then under that no return within 2 hours and then under that in four different layouts it has pictures of Parent and toddlers only in marked bays then it has the disabled sign saying Blue Badge holders only in marked bays and then it has under these two a P picture park within bays/in designated areas and then another sign with two diagonal yellow lines saying No parking on red/yellow lines/hatched areas”, it then says Failure to comply with the terms and conditions will result in a parking fine of (in a black box and white writing) £100. Please advice on what to do next?
  • Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,563 Forumite
    Options
    first ....

have a read of the newbies thread ...

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822

then start a new thread so as not to cause confusion .......

after starting a new thread please delete your post .......

Oh and of you are using a phone to browse ... then a PC / laptop will improve matters

Ralph:cool:
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Smiffie wrote: »
    I received an invoice to pay a fine because it states I was over the 2 hours but I was parked in a disabled parking bay and displayed my blue badge (which gives me 3 hours free).

If you waited this long to face-up to a ticket, then there is little the PPC, or you can do about it .

However if you just selfishly hijacked an old/outdated thread, then you need to follow the FIG advice and inform yourself properly in the manner advised for these forums.

And while you are at it, it would be a good idea to actually read the handbook that came with your badge - Where you will see that it has little or no meaning in the context of private parking..
  • Ponchoman1
    Options
    Well I am on my last chance to pay £100 before we take you to court sonny! Mines a joke I went to a car park in Canvey Island by the amusements, never parked there before in my life and no other car had a permit in the window in that car park? I purchased one anyway but it took me 20 minutes by asking people, no signs of course to advise, but a bloke told me you just need a receipt from the shop or cinema etc, so I had a ticket anyway now so did not bother with the receipt and paid cash anyway in the resturant, but then I over stayed by 20 mins and the letters started coming. What's worse I checked my permit when the ticket came through and it was only a £1.00 permit when I put £3.00 in the machine!
    This better be a scam, as I wrote in with the letter required to get rid of them but they just keep sending letters, bit of a joke as it says as you did not appeal in the last one, when another says your appeal failed lol. So please tell me this is a scam, I have trusted this site, I was so impressed I joined! LOL
  • PenIsland
    PenIsland Posts: 19 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Ponchoman1

This is a very old thread and some of the advice is out of date.

I suggest you look at the "**NEWBIES!! PRIVATE PARKING TICKET? OLD OR NEW? **READ THESE FAQS FIRST!** Thankyou! " thread first and then start your own thread.

People will help you here but you have to help yourself as well.
  • Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,563 Forumite
    Options
    first ....

have a read of the newbies thread ...

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822

then start a new thread so as not to cause confusion .......

after starting a new thread please delete your post .......

Oh and of you are using a phone to browse ... then a PC / laptop will improve matters

Ralph:cool:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure