IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Eye - Always a scam??

Options

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,387 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    trudij wrote: »
    I just thought the last two were trolls!!! Sorry if you aren't!!!!

Flattered they have reassurected my thread to annoy people ;)

Maybe, especially as all the warnings had been given right before their own postings. If they can't understand these very basic requests how on earth are they going to read, understand and write their own appeals further on in this process?

I'm sure most regulars will be reluctant to input much of their freely given time to spoon feeding those who apparently are unable to give any indication they are likely to do much of this themselves.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • trudij
    trudij Posts: 1,905 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    That's exactly why I thought they must be them and hadn't responded.

The trouble is, all you lot who were so helpful to me and to many others as well just won't bother if people insist on persisting like this and I'm sure there are lts of genuine ones out there !

Bit naughty.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup
  • MrsVW
    Options
    Really glad I googled "Parking eye scam" (as recommended by my bruv-in-law) because I wouldn't have found all this infromation and I think we would be feeling a bit stupid! My husband received a letter from them on Friday. He had parked in a hotel car park as he was visiting a customer in there. First reaction is to pay the £60 over the £100 but then we decided to get Holiday Inn to confirm he was there on appeal but now we have decided to do NOTHING! Reading your posts got me thinking and you are all so right. They frighten us and we pay. We pay, they keep going. So they are not getting a penny from us. Shall let you know what (if anything) happens next! Thanks again, you saved us a small fortune.
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    It's probably best if you started your own thread.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • Stroma
    Stroma Posts: 7,971 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    Please don't ignore this, and please create your own thread as you need advice - thanks
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    We don't need the following to help you.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
    :beer: Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Member :beer:
  • Umkomaas
    edited 23 September 2013 at 10:38PM
    Options
    Jeez, this thread must be one of the heaviest laden with hijackers and all have been advised to start a new thread.

Yet more keep coming stating 'I've read the forum' (and obviously this thread) and still don't seem to understand a very simple 'one thread per incident'. There's no chance many of these are going to survive this process without massive one-to-one support from us. The heart sinks!

NEWBIES - YOU MUST START A NEW THREAD ABOUT YOUR INCIDENT, DO NOT ADD IT TO THIS ONE

Any guesses on when the next hijack will appear here :)
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

• dbanks84
    Options
    trudij wrote: »
    You lot are fab, thankyou! It was a hotel car park that parking eye run as a pad one, so I presume I am safe to ignore it and see what happens then.... Parasites!!!

Hi, i am in the same position as you with parking eye? Over stayed by 50mins on a 12 hour stay. Did they stop contacting you in the end? Would you advise just to ignore it?
    Kind Regards
    Dan
  • Umkomaas
    Options
    dbanks84 wrote: »
    Hi, i am in the same position as you with parking eye? Over stayed by 50mins on a 12 hour stay. Did they stop contacting you in the end? Would you advise just to ignore it?
    Kind Regards
    Dan

Why not send the OP a PM rather than resurrect a semi-dormant thread? It's more likely to get a response than on this thread.

• macbee
    Options
    my daughter just got a parking eye charge notice for parking at morrisons in Ayr today for £85 or £50 if paid within 14 days she is very worried about ignoring it but after reading this i presume she will be safe enough to do just that?
    i thought they could charge you as long as the notices were up but i take it that is wrong?
  • Stroma
    Stroma Posts: 7,971 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    Please start your own unique thread

NEWBIES - YOU MUST START A NEW THREAD ABOUT YOUR INCIDENT, DO NOT ADD IT TO THIS ONE
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    We don't need the following to help you.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
    :beer: Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Member :beer:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure