IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Eye - Always a scam??

Options

Comments

• MistyZ
    MistyZ Posts: 1,820 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Pay & reclaim for Holiday Inn? No way! Anything even slightly circuitous is to be avoided like the plague after all the OP has been through! Plus Holiday Inn have been unhelpful so far.

Need to keep things simple - a cancellation and nothing but a cancellation. If H I themselves suggest the pay / reclaim route then say NO loud and clear. They have to cancel it.

And yes of course do not feed the beast, it'll only encourage 'em.
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    edited 15 July 2019 at 11:34AM
    Options
    Write bad stuff on consolidators' review pages, TripAdvisor, Trivago, Hotels.com and Facebook.

I travel abroad frequently by car and always read the reviews on Booking.com before staying at a hotel.

Have you complained to your MP?
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The_Deep wrote: »
    Write bad stuff on consolidators' review pages, TripAdvisor, Trivago, Hotels.com and Facebook.

I travel abroad frequently by car and always read the reviews on Booking.com before staying at a hotel.

Have you complained to your MP?

When I go to book a hotel, I always phone and ask if they have parking vermin. If they say yes, I tell them I will go elsewhere.
    They have to understand that this is the penalty they pay for employing rogue traders
  • MistyZ
    MistyZ Posts: 1,820 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The OP's experience puts me in mind of Terry Gillingham's film 'Brazil'. It all starts with an overdue library book .....

Long time since I've seen it but I think Robert De Niro plays Coupon-mad ...
  • Lofty1985
    Options
    Hi. I’ve had a “Parking Charge Notice” from Private Eye for an over stay of 13 minutes as I pulled over to take a call ... do I have to it this as I’m worried sick and don’t have that kind of spare cash ???
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,434 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Lofty1985 wrote: »
    Hi. I’ve had a “Parking Charge Notice” from Private Eye for an over stay of 13 minutes as I pulled over to take a call ... do I have to it this as I’m worried sick and don’t have that kind of spare cash ???

I'm afraid you do if you don't want to pay. Read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #1 to set you on the way, then start a new thread of your own if you want further help.

One case one thread - forum rules. :)
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Private Eye? I didn't think the satirical magazine issued parking tickets!
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • Lala2020
    Options
    I have just recieved a letter off parking eye for being parked in a gym car park for just over an hour saying i owe 100 60 if payed in so many days i actually have gym membership but didnt go to the gym that day also i have payed for three months membership and not gone to the gym in the car park it says for people with gym membership only does not say only whilst at the gym though i have read posts on here an it seems that i will be ok if i dont pay any advice please
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Please do this properly Lala - the way you agreed to on signup.

Hijacking old dead threads is not going to help you.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,252 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Read the NEWBIES THREAD first (see my signature below for where to click).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback