PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

June 2018 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• Mrs_Cheshire
    Mrs_Cheshire Posts: 1,186 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    small shop in ald! spent £12.63, got some pull ups, wipes and toothpaste as well as a few other bits for tea. Bought my friend a miniature rose for helping me with the kids.
    Just been meal planning ready to do the food shop later in the week, usually do it on a thursday, may do it tomorrow instead as as Thursday is looking busy. Going to use my other minimum spend vouchers at Wa!trose.
    Grocery Challenge 2020
    Jan £377.98/£380, Feb £417.83/£370 March /£400
  • JingsMyBucket
    Options
    FoxFace wrote: »
    I've added it to my signature :) It's here: ~Fox's Vegan Recipes~
    Have a great day everyone
    Fox
    x
    Thanks for the link FoxFace. I've subscribed to your thread. I'm trying to get more vegetables in me. :)

Today was another NSD for me. I meant to head to the grocery store but, I too, was feeling rather lazy. I'll go there tomorrow morning with the following in mind: coffee (for OH); cream; bananas (OH); strawberries; green onions; mushrooms; greens to saute; eggs; and some other veg but not sure yet. Hopefully I can keep this all to €20 - €25.

TOTALS SO FAR:
    4 / 10 NSD
    €26.84 / €300.00
  • armchairexpert
    Options
    Hi, it might be far too late to join for this month, but even if I don't get added to the list I think it's a good idea. Due to a combination of Mr E doing the first grocery shop of the month, and then a Costco run, I'm already at $455 of my usual $1000 - and it's a 5 week month.

So, with the cupboards well stocked and enough meat for the month, I'm hoping to stick to fresh produce/dairy only for the rest of the time. The one complicating factor is that Mr E likes to cook something a bit fancier for Saturday nights, and we've introduced a thing whereby the girls choose and then cook a Sunday meal for the family (with help!), so I will have to go and buy some meat/ingredients for those things. But I reckon I can do it with some determination. And if anyone can keep me on the straight and narrow, it's you lot!
    MFW diary here. 1 Feb 2017 $229,371 - MFD Feb 2043 :eek: aiming for May 2028
    14 August 2017 - Refinanced: $220,000
    January 2019 $211,580 Current MFD 31 June 2036
  • Tales17
    Tales17 Posts: 257 Forumite
    Options
    Last one in again for May so thought I would repost here!

So after looking really good for finishing May under budget, unfortunately I ended up over it!

- Graze Box £3.89

- Fruit & Veg Boxes £37, suddenly realised I had forgotten to pay the previous week so had to pay for two weeks together and slightly more asI had lots of fruit for my daughter's birthday!

- £51.77 at Pet Shop - unexpected shop to buy a bigger hamster cage they had begun to fight and we thought a bigger cage may stop that, seems to have done the trick for the moment!

- £5.17 at Vets to by a tick remover! Found one behind my daughters ear, first time we have had one but at least we have one in the house from now on!

- £5.29 Small top up shop from other half for beers!

- £4.80 small top up shop for bread and turkey slices over half term!

- £3 refund from Tesco for a substituted item I didn't want on my click and collect

- £70.99 click and collect Tesco shop - this is what blew the budget as I was going to do this on 1st June but ended up better with my weekly plans to collect it on 31st May!

- £12 top up Tesco shop - other half got something, can't remember what! :/

So come in at £674.22 / £600 for the month, still under budget for the year and also hopefully means should be able to keep on target for June easier
    Grocery Challenge 2019 YTD-£820.46/£7200(11%)
    Grocery Challenge Feb - £93.10/£600(16%)
    £12k in 2019 #: Monthly Saving Accounts £500, Cashback & Competition Sites £2.59, Shopping Saving £152.09,Selling £121.26, Interest & Dividends £43.93, Surveys £0, 365 Day Penny Challenge # £103.44
    Total Saved - £923.31/£12000(8%)
  • K9sandFelines
    K9sandFelines Posts: 2,570 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Options
    Nipped into work today to collect two packs of YS peppers that a fellow colleague had saved for me from Monday night. That was £0.28p.

In the local food club shop i spent £3.25 - two small loaves x 2, two jars of ( i think) Lidl curry paste x 2, microwaveable rice x 2, an iceberg lettuce, pack of on the vine tomatoes and a huge catering bag of cubed mozzarella for DDs.

Finally, a spend in Morrisons for bananas, quorn ham slices, quorn chicken slices and quorn picnic eggs - £3.82

Total : £7.35
    GC £150 a month for food, toiletries and cleaning Jan £134.58 Feb £137.18 Mar £118.89 April £
    Forever learning the art of frugality
  • Chloris
    Chloris Posts: 712 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hello All.
    I would like to join in this month. I need some accountability badly. Family of five here. One omni, one vegan, two vegetarian and one dairy free pescetarian. All food, cleaning and toiletries. Budget is a whooping £550. It sounds huge but I'm gonna struggle.

Just checked the dried store and I have lots of green lentils so I'm going to make a vat of vegan shepherdless pie this weekend. I need to make some vegan burgers too. Best start soaking some beans after being inspired by the vegan recipe thread. :) X
  • Mrs_Cheshire
    Mrs_Cheshire Posts: 1,186 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Need to add £7.82 at Asd* for pork shoulder, mullers on offer and a bag of pasta. Then got the weekly shop spilt over 2 shops in waitr*se to use up the minimum spend vouchers. spent £65.41 altogether. Got loads to keep us going for a while. I do need eggs and quark though.
    Have already written a meal plan to last until next thursday and should only have to buy a small top up of bread and cooked meat at the beginning of next week.
    Grocery Challenge 2020
    Jan £377.98/£380, Feb £417.83/£370 March /£400
  • FoxFace
    FoxFace Posts: 362 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    Evening all :)

Just here to log my 4th NSD of June, really happy with this!

I must say it is starting to occur to me just how many little spends I was making. Today for instance I had a couple of hours to myself and was going to nip out for brunch alone as a treat and have a browse of the shops, but we really can't justify it at all so I took myself down to the beach instead and sat on the sand enjoying the view... free and also very relaxing :)

Hope everyone has had a lovely day :)

Fox
    X
    Debt Free Journey started 21.05.2017
  • supersaver1000
    supersaver1000 Posts: 2,465 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Called into sainsbugs on the way home last night, its the most convenient on that route and I needed a quick and easy whip round. Work have been idiots about something so I decided comfort food was in order, was a £45 spend but it was worth it :)

Getting close to my total spend with most of the month to go yet, but there will be about £60 coming in towards the end of the month, so hoping to stretch it out.
    OSWL (start 13st) by 30Jun20 6/10
    £1/day Xmas'20-62 £214/£366 saved
    Grocery Challenge Jun £742/£320 spent
    Homeowner wannabe by July 2020 - WooHoo!!
    Starter Emergency Fund £1000/£1000 saved
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    First spends of the month - £4.55 on some dairy free cheese/Alpro, some other bits and £2 on some courgette and cherry tomatoes. Got a load of stuff from work, mostly veggies & some pink lady apples. Have updated sig. Really do need to meal plan and batch cook some of the veggies, hopefully will find some time later today, as I'm not working.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure