TSB complaint. Compensation offered.

Options
Finally have letters from TSB confirming compensation payout after their disastrous IT upgrade back in April.

I simply filled out the automated complaint for mine and my wife's accounts using the resolver website.

The hilarious thing is that I have received £75 Compensation and my wife £50. Is this sexism from TSB :rotfl:

We have had a laugh about it this morning and are happy with the compensation but the wife will be calling on Monday to find out why she isn't getting the same compensation as me for what was exactly the same complaint.

Comments

• Shakin_Steve
    Shakin_Steve Posts: 2,701 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    There was someone who posted saying they got £400 or thereabouts. :cool:
    I came into this world with nothing and I've got most of it left.
  • swindiff
    swindiff Posts: 867 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Newshound!
    Options
    That would have been nice. To be honest I was happy with anything we got. We were not really inconvenienced at all. We just have £1500 each in our accounts for the interest. Never actually use them for day to day banking.
  • Shakin_Steve
    Shakin_Steve Posts: 2,701 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    This from 'longlegged' on 28th September:

"Had a call this morning, requesting further details about my complaint. I got a call back just and was offered £400 compensation. I had to ask her to repeat the amount as I was stunned.

I didn't particularly have much difficulty other than the access problems which everybody had, and only complained as Martin recommended.....thanks Martin!"
    I came into this world with nothing and I've got most of it left.
  • veryintrigued
    Options
    They'll probably reduce yours to 50 now ;)
  • Mnd
    Mnd Posts: 1,699 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I was out of pocket by £9 as they failed to take a direct debit which meant my Lloyds account didn't pay interest for 1 month. I haven't heard from them yet
    No.79 save £12k in 2020. Total end May £11610
    Annual target £24000
  • Dragonfly1
    Dragonfly1 Posts: 120 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 6 October 2018 at 3:22PM
    Options
    I have just received an offer of £150 for the "inconvenience and distress" of not being able to log online for 3 or 4 days back when the IT problems occured.

Obviously astonished. It was pre-authorised before they phoned me & was their opening offer without me asking or pushing. I was expecting £25.....

And I have never bought anything on either of my 2 TSB Classic Plus accounts - they simply accrue interest for the last couple of years.

EDIT: Just to clarify, I didn't ever escalate this to the Ombsudmen or chase the complaint. They simply have finally got round to contacting me about the original complaint :)
  • Nick_C
    Nick_C Posts: 7,459 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Really useful to get this feedback. If they offer me less than £100 I'll escalate it. Thanks!
  • greyteam1959
    greyteam1959 Posts: 4,576 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I escalated my complaint with TSB to the FOS who told TSB to settle with me £30 for telephone calls & £150 for 'inconvenience'.
    I declined this & it went to a 'senior investigator' who agreed with the first figure.
    I decided to accept the £180 & get the job finished with.
    As soon as I receive the £180 from TSB I will be closing all my accounts with them.
  • alandaniel132
    Options
    TSB might need pay a lot of compensation?
    will TSB go bankrupt?
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    TSB might need pay a lot of compensation?
    will TSB go bankrupt?

No. They'll simply find ways of clawing the "compensation" paid back from their customer base.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure