PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Remoska cookers (merged)

Options

Comments

• ghp
    ghp Posts: 61 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    hilary1 wrote: »
    silicone loaf pan £1.99 in home bargains
    xx

Does it fit the standard, hilary1?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    yes the remoska is quite a bit cheaper than a slow cooker. I did the calcs somewhere and haven`t used my sc since
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    hilary prove them first with the lid on, then bake 20 mins perhaps but check. I use a torch to look in
  • Desperate_Housewife_2-2
    Options
    ghp wrote: »
    Desperate Housewife, just think of all the gorgeous things you could do in your standard. I can understand you being cheesed off, but don't resort to the oven. Step away from the oven!

yes you are right, I'm stepping away as we speak lol! It has crossed my mind that I've been a bit hasty having two but we have got family coming round for the weekend and it would have been handy for all the cooking. I'll just wait for them to bring the new one. I'm using my sc for Sunday lunch, doing a piece of brisket all night on low and will make some mashed spuds in standard to go with it. Also a curry Saturday night which I'll be able to fit in the standard but do rice on the hob. All sorted out now :)
    Save £12k in 2012 no.49 £10,250/£12,000
    Save £12k in 2013 no.34 £11,800/£12,000
    'How much can you save' thread = £7,050
    Total=£29,100
    Mfi3 no. 88: Balance Jan '06 = £63,000. :mad:
    Balance 23.11.09 = £nil. :)
  • louietudor
    Options
    yes you are right, I'm stepping away as we speak lol! It has crossed my mind that I've been a bit hasty having two but we have got family coming round for the weekend and it would have been handy for all the cooking. I'll just wait for them to bring the new one. I'm using my sc for Sunday lunch, doing a piece of brisket all night on low and will make some mashed spuds in standard to go with it. Also a curry Saturday night which I'll be able to fit in the standard but do rice on the hob. All sorted out now :)

never thought of doing mash in the remmy - how do you do it??
    Options
    I'm going to cook my spuds, mash them with butter, fork the top, more butter and put the lot in the deep pan, cook them and hopefully they will have a nice crusty top! I've never done it before but I'll let you know how it goes :)
    Total=£29,100
  • louietudor
    Options
    I'm going to cook my spuds, mash them with butter, fork the top, more butter and put the lot in the deep pan, cook them and hopefully they will have a nice crusty top! I've never done it before but I'll let you know how it goes :)

sounds lush!!! - i know you would not want to do this with brisket if you put loads of good strong cheese in and some tomato slices on top it would be like an old fashoined cheese and potato pie!! - god im drooling im gonna try this next week!!
    Options
    louietudor wrote: »
    sounds lush!!! - i know you would not want to do this with brisket if you put loads of good strong cheese in and some tomato slices on top it would be like an old fashoined cheese and potato pie!! - god im drooling im gonna try this next week!!

Oooh, that sounds nice, I might try that too now the cold weather seems to be here!
    Total=£29,100
  • hotcookie101
    Options
    Am experimenting (again! lol) with mine tonight, have stuck some ribs in bone sucking sauce in it, covered those with some foil and put spuds on the foil to bake. Do you reckon this will work ok? Usually cook ribs in oven for about hour/hour and half. hmm decisions decisions. One is a MONSTER rib so may leave spuds for half an hour before I put them in....
  • 1carminestocky
    Options
    I know it's early days yet (we have had ours just 5 days) but our leccy consumption is down almost 25% since we got the Remoska! (I am a geek and take daily usage figures from the meter and log them :o !) Apart from adding the remoska to the household we haven't done anything differently to what we have been doing for the last 2 months (since I got The Owl usage monitor and went on the rampage!). We DID use the leccy oven a LOT before Remmy arrived but haven't used it once since, so I'm almost certain this reduction in consumption is almost entirely due to the Remoska. I'll keep monitoring the situation and update as necessary, but a 25% saving off our leccy bill would equate to approx £120 per year!
    Call me Carmine....

HAVE YOU SEEN QUENTIN'S CASHBACK CARD??
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills