We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Email exchange with customer service made me cry!

Options

Comments

• feesh
    feesh Posts: 328 Forumite
    Options
    Well well well! I have been doing some digging. I think the Louise person is the manager (http://bagladyit.co.uk/womendirectory/member.asp?DirectoryID=6456) although I am amazed she joined in the email abuse and didn't just apologise and tell Sarah off for being so crap.

So, her name is Louise Walder.

And she is not averse to a little self promotion :)http://www.asianamag.com/Forum/FashionAndBeauty/2514/FreebieLanomeMascara.aspx
  • pboae
    pboae Posts: 2,719 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    That email is outrageous :-o
    You should forward the whole correspondence on to some of the 'people's champion' types in the newspapers and see if any of them will take it up. Or you could just start forwarding their last email to everyone you know and advise them to pass it on. There is nothing slanderous about something that is true, so a simple 'have you seen this email I received when I complained?' would be perfectly true!
    When I had my loft converted back into a loft, the neighbours came around and scoffed, and called me retro.
  • looby75
    looby75 Posts: 23,387 Forumite
    Options
    feesh wrote: »

ooh naughty naughty lol

if it is a 2 woman co the threats about suing for "slander" (lol) are even more laughable then.
  • regularsaver1
    regularsaver1 Posts: 4,930 Forumite
    Options
    I suppose they have to advertise, but not in that way
  • emg
    emg Posts: 1,390 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I just wanted to say I was horrified to read your emails, how rude and unprofessional of this company. I have to say when I started reading your post I started thinking 'ooh must have a look at the beauty bargains on this site' but when I read the emails I quickly changed my mind. Take some comfort in the fact that 399 have read this thread already and that's 399 people who wont be buying from their company.
  • changkra
    changkra Posts: 635 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The emails you received back are a sure way to lose many customers. Isn't there a saying that 1 person will 10 whether the company is a good one to deal with? By the time it has done the rounds thousands could avoid shopping with them. Stand up to them and don't back down you have an issue with them that you can back up, they have no case to prosecute.
  • ShirleyPark_2
    Options
    This

> Regarding the secure server you need to read the 'help' section by where you
    > put in your card details in order to understand what I am explaining to you.
    > The long and short of it is that when you enter your card details on our
    > site, they are not sent anywhere, the details are not held with us and no
    > one sees them.

is quite frankly rubbish. I've just taken a look at the source code of their site (just incase there was some funky client side code in there) and your card details get posted back to the server !! Therefore they go somewhere and are not encrypted like they want to claim. Just because they don't store your details does not mean that they aren't sent over the internet.

It could be that the design company has told them a load of **** and that they are just repeating parrot fashion what they've been told, in which case the design company needs shooting cos it's companies like that that get us web developers a bad name.
    Debts: Mum £3923 0% APR
  • changkra
    changkra Posts: 635 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I was under the impression that a secure server is a chargeable service to the business. If this is correct then maybe by undercutting the products by up to 80% they are not making enough money to pay for it. If this is correct then they are best avoided anyway as they could go under at any point.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport