Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 1
    • magyar
    • By magyar 18th Feb 08, 2:47 PM
    • 18,389 Posts
    • 30,446 Thanks
    magyar
    • 18th Feb 08, 2:47 PM
    • 18th Feb 08, 2:47 PM
    I presume they will have some way of checking whether your claims are valid or not? I know my wife and I will both have flown dozens of times on BA and/or Virgin in that time, but not exactly when.
    Says James, in my opinion, there's nothing in this world
    Beats a '52 Vincent and a red headed girl
    • curly cabbage
    • By curly cabbage 18th Feb 08, 2:50 PM
    • 446 Posts
    • 2,334 Thanks
    curly cabbage
    • 18th Feb 08, 2:50 PM
    • 18th Feb 08, 2:50 PM
    thanks for this, we went to Florida November 2004 and spent a fortune so getting a little back will be nice. I have registered and will keep you updated on how it goes.

thank again

CC
  • neilofnorton
    • 19th Feb 08, 10:54 AM
    Virgin Fuel Surcharge
    • 19th Feb 08, 10:54 AM
    The judgement was in an American Court.

"Long haul flights"-is it only to USA or as in my case I flew return to St Lucia within the time scale specified.

Am I covered ????
  • skintbutsmiling01
    • 19th Feb 08, 11:12 AM
    • 19th Feb 08, 11:12 AM
    Flew to Vegas twice in this time so hopefully will get some moolah back, to put towards the next trip!
    Thanks Martin
  • gypsyroseloz
    • 19th Feb 08, 11:17 AM
    • 19th Feb 08, 11:17 AM
    Ok, just filled in form for DH with no probs but we went out to Florida Sept 04 to get married & I flew in my maiden name, which name should I use on the form?
    Thanks in advance.
    Piggypoints-749&325 ~ Boots AC-849 ~ Nectar-688 ~ 2 coins-216 banked since July 07 ~ Tesco CC-(saving for Florida)832
    2008 comping total~315!
    I Want to win a Wii by(any)Christmas member:22
    • worldtraveller
    • By worldtraveller 19th Feb 08, 12:14 PM
    • 12,568 Posts
    • 26,664 Thanks
    worldtraveller
    • 19th Feb 08, 12:14 PM
    • 19th Feb 08, 12:14 PM
    The judgement was in an American Court.

"Long haul flights"-is it only to USA or as in my case I flew return to St Lucia within the time scale specified.

Am I covered ????
    Originally posted by neilofnorton
    The website given for registration to claim (www.airpassengerrefund.co.uk) states:

"For transatlantic and other long haul flights (over 7 hours) from the U.K."
    There is a pleasure in the pathless woods, There is a rapture on the lonely shore, There is society, where none intrudes, By the deep sea, and music in its roar: I love not man the less, but Nature more...
  • neilofnorton
    • 19th Feb 08, 4:37 PM
    Virgin - Long Haul
    • 19th Feb 08, 4:37 PM
    WORLD TRAVELLER ?????????????

No message
    • Chaufeurse1956
    • By Chaufeurse1956 19th Feb 08, 11:21 PM
    • 118 Posts
    • 41 Thanks
    Chaufeurse1956
    • 19th Feb 08, 11:21 PM
    • 19th Feb 08, 11:21 PM
    Ok, just filled in form for DH with no probs but we went out to Florida Sept 04 to get married & I flew in my maiden name, which name should I use on the form?
    Thanks in advance.
    Originally posted by gypsyroseloz
    I did the same in Dec 04 - travelled on my maiden name so that is the name I put down on the compensation form to enable them to prove I took the flight. I actually booked for 5 of us and have listed all for my address as I was the one who made and paid for the flights.

Wonder if BA or Virgin will give me a free flight to Florida instead - guess not!!
    • descartesmum
    • By descartesmum 20th Feb 08, 7:21 AM
    • 237 Posts
    • 95 Thanks
    descartesmum
    Thanks for the address. Sadly, most of my flights to the states were in the months just before August (Feb and April). But, I do have 2 flights to and from the states that qualifies. Yay!
  • jim woodley
    My wife and I flewto the States twice in this time, both with BA. It was an integral part of a tour package. Is the refund due to us or will it be available to the Tour Company? Answers on the back of a twenty pound note please.
    • hvaghela
    • By hvaghela 20th Feb 08, 7:37 AM
    • 51 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    hvaghela
    The family and I (5 in total) flew BA in 2005 to Dubai from Heathrow. According to the BA website the outward flight is 6 hrs 45 mins and the return 7 hrs 45 mins. Thus only the return flight is over the 7hours. I think I'll claim and see what happens.

Nothing ventured nothing gained.
  • Revengeissweet
    Hi
    Can anyone tell me if if this applies to package holidays with Virgin / BA also? We flew to New York and Jamaica with Virgin Holidays, and also New York again with BA, but it was booked through Thomas Cook as a package.
    Hope someone can help.

Thanks
  • londoncityslicker
    I registerd but no email yet
    i registered on the site but have received no email back.

All i entered on the site was my name and address and contact details.

Do they send you a follow up email to imput your flight details?

If so, i have not received it.

I did this on Sunday
  • dragonthoughts
    Freddie fares
    Would it be unreasonable to try to claim for "Freddie Fares" which were heavily discounted by Virgin for flights to Australia following an England cricket success?

I think BA had similar offers too.
    • lucyhope
    • By lucyhope 20th Feb 08, 8:41 AM
    • 412 Posts
    • 1,494 Thanks
    lucyhope
    Just registered for both myself and my daughter, thanks Martin.
    • Louisa Jane
    • By Louisa Jane 20th Feb 08, 8:46 AM
    • 668 Posts
    • 302 Thanks
    Louisa Jane
    Does anyone know - is it if you travelled between these dates or booked and paid for the tickets? We flew to New York April '06, so just missed out, but booked December '05.
  • winnywitch
    Does anyone know if I have to register the whole family separately?
    Or will i give my childrens information at a later stage?
    • worldtraveller
    • By worldtraveller 20th Feb 08, 9:06 AM
    • 12,568 Posts
    • 26,664 Thanks
    worldtraveller
    Does anyone know - is it if you travelled between these dates or booked and paid for the tickets? We flew to New York April '06, so just missed out, but booked December '05.
    Originally posted by Louisa Jane
    It's my understanding (and stated in the website for registration to claim) that the claim criteria is that you bought long haul ticket(s) between 11 August 2004 and 23 March 2006. This is when the fuel s/c would have been applied.
    There is a pleasure in the pathless woods, There is a rapture on the lonely shore, There is society, where none intrudes, By the deep sea, and music in its roar: I love not man the less, but Nature more...
  • gem2509
    i flew to jfk in july 2005 so im guessing the flight was booked after august 04. i flew with an athletics group, would they be able to reclaim the money for all the 100 or so tickets they bought or can they only claim the one lot of 2 or whatever it is? (the organisation is a charity so the money would come in handy!)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,790Posts Today

4,873Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Channel 4 really screwed up not doing this on the Tory leaders debate last night, just think of the ratings... https://t.co/eYYfAYGdck

• Teacher/head in a London(ish) senior school? I want film a 1hr ish talk to 16-18 yr olds on student finance (to put? https://t.co/dSsSp1UVDF

• RT @thismorning: As a ban on rip-off bank fees is announced, @MartinSLewis explains if you can reclaim, and how to cut your overdraft costs?

• Follow Martin