Virgin BA Compensation Agreed: Did you fly longhaul between 2004 and 2006?

Options
This is the discussion to link on the back of Martin's “Virgin BA Compensation Agreed: Did you fly longhaul between 2004 and 2006?” blog. Please read the blog first, as this discussion follows it.
Click reply to discuss below.

Comments

• magyar
    magyar Posts: 18,909 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I presume they will have some way of checking whether your claims are valid or not? I know my wife and I will both have flown dozens of times on BA and/or Virgin in that time, but not exactly when.
    Says James, in my opinion, there's nothing in this world
    Beats a '52 Vincent and a red headed girl
  • curly_cabbage
    Options
    thanks for this, we went to Florida November 2004 and spent a fortune so getting a little back will be nice. I have registered and will keep you updated on how it goes.

thank again

CC
  • neilofnorton
    Options
    The judgement was in an American Court.

"Long haul flights"-is it only to USA or as in my case I flew return to St Lucia within the time scale specified.

Am I covered ????
  • skintbutsmiling01
    Options
    Flew to Vegas twice in this time so hopefully will get some moolah back, to put towards the next trip!
    Thanks Martin
    Compulsive Spendaholic #15
  • gypsyroseloz
    Options
    Ok, just filled in form for DH with no probs but we went out to Florida Sept 04 to get married & I flew in my maiden name, which name should I use on the form?
    Thanks in advance.
    Piggypoints-749&325 ~ Boots AC-849 ~ Nectar-688 ~ £2 coins-£216 banked since July 07 ~ Tesco CC-(saving for Florida)£832
    2008 comping total~£315!
    I Want to win a Wii by(any)Christmas member:22
  • worldtraveller
    Options
    The judgement was in an American Court.

"Long haul flights"-is it only to USA or as in my case I flew return to St Lucia within the time scale specified.

Am I covered ????

The website given for registration to claim (www.airpassengerrefund.co.uk) states:

"For transatlantic and other long haul flights (over 7 hours) from the U.K."
    There is a pleasure in the pathless woods, There is a rapture on the lonely shore, There is society, where none intrudes, By the deep sea, and music in its roar: I love not man the less, but Nature more...
  • neilofnorton
    Options
    WORLD TRAVELLER ?????????????

No message
  • Chaufeurse1956
    Options
    Ok, just filled in form for DH with no probs but we went out to Florida Sept 04 to get married & I flew in my maiden name, which name should I use on the form?
    Thanks in advance.

I did the same in Dec 04 - travelled on my maiden name so that is the name I put down on the compensation form to enable them to prove I took the flight. I actually booked for 5 of us and have listed all for my address as I was the one who made and paid for the flights.

Wonder if BA or Virgin will give me a free flight to Florida instead - guess not!!
  • descartesmum
    Options
    Thanks for the address. Sadly, most of my flights to the states were in the months just before August (Feb and April). But, I do have 2 flights to and from the states that qualifies. Yay!:T
  • jim_woodley
    Options
    My wife and I flewto the States twice in this time, both with BA. It was an integral part of a tour package. Is the refund due to us or will it be available to the Tour Company? Answers on the back of a twenty pound note please.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure