I think I found a rat in my Aldi crisps (not Lidl)

Options

Comments

• globularity
    Options
    Been to see environmental health and they are still testing it, they said it was definitely not a rodent or any animal. The guy squeezed it and sniffed it and said it was a black waxy substance probably burnt fat built up in the production machinery. It definitely smelled disgusting and made me wretch when I was brave enough to smell it at home. Will let you know the test results. Regarding the school comments, I left college back in 1998 so its a bit too late for me.
  • globularity
    Options
    I was thinking £200 compo because a mouse in your food is quite shocking, but as its not id be happy with anything, even a fiver
  • globularity
    Options
    hollydays wrote: »
    Thank god it wasn't Lidl

I work for Lidl so I wanted to make it clear so there was no confusion. I will post test results when I get them. It wasn't an animal of any kind just some sort of debris
  • davidmcn
    davidmcn Posts: 23,596 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    id be happy with anything

You've got a free lump of burnt fat. What more do you want?
  • pelirocco
    pelirocco Posts: 8,274 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Been to see environmental health and they are still testing it, they said it was definitely not a rodent or any animal. The guy squeezed it and sniffed it and said it was a black waxy substance probably burnt fat built up in the production machinery. It definitely smelled disgusting and made me wretch when I was brave enough to smell it at home. Will let you know the test results. Regarding the school comments, I left college back in 1998 so its a bit too late for me.

Why on earth would you have thought it was a rat ?
    Vuja De - the feeling you'll be here later
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    pelirocco wrote: »
    Why on earth would you have thought it was a rat ?
    Free money, of course.
    A lump of burnt fat equals no "compo", a dead rodent on the other hand...

Personally, I'd have just thrown it in the bin...
  • NCC-1707
    NCC-1707 Posts: 348 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Post
    Options

So you're in your forties and your first thought was 'it's a rat'?
  • dlusman
    dlusman Posts: 2,711 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I was thinking £200 compo because a mouse in your food is quite shocking, but as its not id be happy with anything, even a fiver

I hope you are happy that you have wasted tax payers money - and you are still wanting compensation ? replacement cost for one packet of crisps should suffice
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    I work for Lidl so I wanted to make it clear so there was no confusion. I will post test results when I get them. It wasn't an animal of any kind just some sort of debris

Just to be absolutely clear this definitely wasn't Tesco then?
  • Shaun_of_the_Dead
    Options

They must be really bad if you don't shop at Lidl.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure