Forum Home» Consumer Rights

I think I found a rat in my Aldi crisps (not Lidl)

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

I think I found a rat in my Aldi crisps (not Lidl)

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Consumer Rights
46 replies 3.2K views
globularityglobularity Forumite
28 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Consumer Rights
My mum opened her cheese curls (copy of quavers) and found a big black thing in her packet (I think I saw a tooth), she spat out her crisps and couldnt eat her lunch after that. I've contacted environmental health and we will visit our local offices tomorrow. Any advise would be welcome

Replies

• BrowntoaBrowntoa Forumite, Board Guide
    48.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You've done all you need to do

Unless you have a compensation figure in mind ?

Expect a £15-25 voucher at best if proved to be a rat and not a burnt quaver
    Links in my signature currently broken
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's , Boost your income and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to [email protected] Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • I was thinking maybe £200 but okay
  • k3lvck3lvc Forumite
    3.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was thinking maybe £200 but okay
    :rotfl: :rotfl: seriously ??

Did it squeak as she opened it ? Did it bite her ? Did she not notice that her c.20g bag of cheesy curls weighted a damn sight more than 20g and was soft & squidgy ?
  • BoohooBoohoo Forumite
    936 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    My mum opened her cheese curls (copy of quavers) and found a big black thing in her packet (I think I saw a tooth), she spat out her crisps and couldnt eat her lunch after that. I've contacted environmental health and we will visit our local offices tomorrow. Any advise would be welcome

People getting something for free and they still want compo.

As you still have the bag, "rat", receipt and lots of photos and you don't get what you want from this you could try the national papers but you may have to practice your "shocked and horror look" for the photo.

Or you could just let go.
  • Sea_ShellSea_Shell Forumite
    4.4K posts
    1,000 Posts Fifth Anniversary Name Dropper Hung up my suit!
    ✭✭✭✭
    My money's on a burnt "quaver" or two.

They look like a big blob of black gunk.

Anyway, a rat won't fit in a bag of crisps...maybe it's a mouse!!
    " That pound I saved yesterday, is a pound I don't have to earn tomorrow ":beer: JOB DONE!!
    This should now read "It's time to start digging up those Squirrelled Nuts"!!! :j:j:j
  • dlusmandlusman Forumite
    2.7K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭

At the moment you "think" you found a rat. Come back to us when you have proof.
  • VfM4meplseVfM4meplse
    34.3K posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I too doubt it was Rattus rattus. I would love to know what it was, though.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • PLRFDPLRFD Forumite
    898 posts
    Ninth Anniversary 500 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Hope it wasn’t a parrot.
  • Paully28Paully28 Forumite
    250 posts
    100 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    I was thinking maybe £200 but okay

I would be holding out for £1000s, and if you cried a little £10,000s.
  • pattycakepattycake Forumite
    1.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    You probably should be reimbursed for the uneaten lunch too.