Forum Home» Consumer Rights

I think I found a rat in my Aldi crisps (not Lidl) - Page 2

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

I think I found a rat in my Aldi crisps (not Lidl)

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Consumer Rights
46 replies 3.2K views

Replies

• davidmcndavidmcn Forumite
    21.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do you not know whether or not it was a rat? Did it run away?
  • VfM4meplseVfM4meplse
    34.3K posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love to know what environmental health have to say about this - any answers?
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • POPPYOSCARPOPPYOSCAR Forumite
    14.6K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My mum opened her cheese curls (copy of quavers) and found a big black thing in her packet (I think I saw a tooth), she spat out her crisps and couldnt eat her lunch after that. I've contacted environmental health and we will visit our local offices tomorrow. Any advise would be welcome

Concentrate on your school work.
  • oldagetravelleroldagetraveller Forumite
    3.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    POPPYOSCAR wrote: »
    Concentrate on your school work.

Paying particular attention to English grammar!

• The_RainmakerThe_Rainmaker Forumite
    1.5K posts
    1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    OP if you would like to PM me I sell dead rodents at £10/inch + P&P. Deep frying them comes in at another £15 each. If you want them alive the P&P is quite expensive but can be arranged.

PM what size of rodent you require, name and address and I'll send you my bank details.
  • edited 14 January 2020 at 7:23PM
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Forumite
    0 posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    MoneySaving Newbie
    edited 14 January 2020 at 7:23PM
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    I'd love to know what environmental health have to say about this - any answers?
    If this thread is real (and it is indeed an animal of some sort rather than a burnt quaver) a full investigation of how and why this occurred will take place.

If the firm are found to be negligent, a large fine can be imposed.

The amount of "compo" the OP may or may not receive is, of course, irrelevant.
  • unholyangelunholyangel Forumite
    16.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anytime I've ever had to return anything to aldi they've been really good.

But then I've returned it only expecting a refund. So getting £20 worth of stuff for free because a £2.59 food item was off (bruised pink lady apples) when you were only expecting the £2.59 makes for a happy day.
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means - Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
  • Manxman_in_exileManxman_in_exile Forumite
    4.9K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    OP if you would like to PM me I sell dead rodents at £10/inch + P&P. Deep frying them comes in at another £15 each. If you want them alive the P&P is quite expensive but can be arranged.

PM what size of rodent you require, name and address and I'll send you my bank details.

Just "lidl" enough to fit in an Aldi crisp bag.
  • hollydayshollydays Forumite
    19.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank god it wasn't Lidl
  • waamowaamo Forumite
    10.3K posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had one in my kitchen. What am I gonna do?
    This space for hire.