Musicmagpie.co.uk is lying to me!

Comments

• Matty36
    Matty36 Posts: 182 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Glad you got it back. Seems mazuma, envirofone and giffgaff offer the best prices for a quick no hassle sale. Like i mentioned before, I prefer ebay but even that can carry risks with non payers and time wasters
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    Matty36 wrote: »
    Glad you got it back. Seems mazuma, envirofone and giffgaff offer the best prices for a quick no hassle sale. Like i mentioned before, I prefer ebay but even that can carry risks with non payers and time wasters

Less risk than the ones you list; with Ebay you get paid before you send it.
  • powerful_Rogue
    powerful_Rogue Posts: 7,516 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Never had an issue with Music Magpie selling many phones to them over the years.

I would never dream of using ebay - far too many crooks.
  • Tea_spiller
    Tea_spiller Posts: 55 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Every level of music magpie phone department is corrupt.
    They create faults to reduce trade in value & when faults are real they do not repair them.

I have been tried on both buyer & seller ends, they have no compunction of customer care.

Claimed my S8 was water damaged (it wasn't so I demanded return & device sold to Mazuma)

Bought daughter an iPhone 7: it was disgustingly dirty, mute button faulty, screen was dull & front camera faulty. Yet they claim it was tested & passed?? Avoid at all costs scammers.
  • dllive
    dllive Posts: 1,225 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    I ended up sending it to Gadget Reclaim. Guess what? I just got an email saying "We've got some great news for you! Your device has now been processed and passed all of our checks, and now your payment of £26.00 is ready to be made. "

So Music Magpie was blatantly just trying it on! SHAME ON YOU MUSIC MAGPIE!!!
  • flashg67
    flashg67 Posts: 3,997 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Just sold my 2nd phone through Music Magpie. Was the best price I could find, just got the amount they said into my bank today - happy with their service
  • dllive
    flashg67 wrote: »
    Just sold my 2nd phone through Music Magpie. Was the best price I could find, just got the amount they said into my bank today - happy with their service

Im sure they make a few legit purchases otherwise they would go very bust very quickly!

What *may* possibly be the case is they also make a lot of "illegitmate" purchases.

Theyve been trying to take down my review on TrustPilot. I obviously posted a negative review; MM asked for my order number; I gave it to them; they said they didnt recognise it; I sent them the order email they sent me; theyve since gone quiet. Chancers! Trying to take down honest reviews.

So, are they a trustworthy company? Not in my experience, and after my dealings with them I can see how their business model works. Very shadey!
  • Tea_spiller
    Tea_spiller Posts: 55 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Music magpie are dire & should be avoided if you value customer services or quality products. Read the negative 1 star reviews & see the repeat crimes faulty devices or false claims of faulty devices meaning 90% value slashed from price. Many people get devices back (like me) & the fake issues magically vanish & can be sold on to other companies (mazuma without issue).
  • dllive
    Music magpie are dire & should be avoided if you value customer services or quality products. Read the negative 1 star reviews & see the repeat crimes faulty devices or false claims of faulty devices meaning 90% value slashed from price. Many people get devices back (like me) & the fake issues magically vanish & can be sold on to other companies (mazuma without issue).

Yep. Not only that, but then MM tries to take down my 1 star review on Trust Pilot and lies about me never being a customer! (btw I still havnt heard back from them since I gave them proof I was a customer of theirs). Im going to contact Trading Standards this week. I have evidence they lied about the condition of the phones and then lied again about me not being a customer.
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    dllive wrote: »
    Yep. Not only that, but then MM tries to take down my 1 star review on Trust Pilot and lies about me never being a customer! (btw I still havnt heard back from them since I gave them proof I was a customer of theirs). Im going to contact Trading Standards this week. I have evidence they lied about the condition of the phones and then lied again about me not being a customer.

Do you really think they will care, that alone do anything? They are generally a waste of time.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback