Bulb Energy Reviews: Give your feedback on the energy supplier

Options

Comments

• Dandytf
    Dandytf Posts: 4,833 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Miles_W wrote: »
    I switched from Bulb to another supplier in November 2018.

Yesterday I received an email from Bulb saying they were going to refund me £3.04 as they had overcharged me. Apparently, I had told them that I wanted to switch away within 20 working days of the date a price increase took effect, and by Ofgem’s rule, they should have kept me on their lower original prices until I left - which they failed to do.

I had no idea that I'd been overcharged, but well done I suppose for refunding me - shame it's not more!

I'm expecting some kind of rise only on basis 2018's kw's total didn't include storage heater. Being kept low all 2019-1st for me finding it surprisingly comfortable whilst home.
    I just hope Bulb don' t go unaffordable dd levels.
    Sse were starting to make suggestions reaching 100 pounds per month which is quite expensive for 1 bedroom flat singleowner
    Replenished CRA Reports.2020 Nissan Leaf 128-149 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500 since returned to 1gb
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,469 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Dandytf wrote: »
    I just hope Bulb don' t go unaffordable dd levels.
    You can set your DD yourself and make ad hoc payments to clear any one-off high bills. From my experience, as long as you regularly bring your balance into credit, Bulb is unlikely to take any action.
  • Dandytf
    Options
    masonic wrote: »
    You can set your DD yourself and make ad hoc payments to clear any one-off high bills. From my experience, as long as you regularly bring your balance into credit, Bulb is unlikely to take any action.

I should get an idea quickly within 3 months.
    Then adjust DD until Winter time when I plan to use heating slightly different late 2019.
    As I limited myself to hall and bedroom storage heaters only last year.
    I didn;t use living room fan heater at all as I didn't want sse running wild with DD increases, though it was part my choice and part sse csr's advise.
    I found SP much simpler to keep an eye on usage and cost.
    Though sse weren't greatly more expensive over full year just their insistence that's my DD could be increased considerably.
    I'll try Bulb and hopefully give them at least 1 year or more.
    Though I've failed to honour sse 1st year switching approx 3 months ahead of 12 months.
    Replenished CRA Reports.2020 Nissan Leaf 128-149 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500 since returned to 1gb
  • 597money
    597money Posts: 42 Forumite
    Options
    Does anyone know how long it should take for the referral credit to appear in your Bulb account Payments and Statements after you have become a customer - I find no mention of it at all? Thanks
  • notbritishgas
    notbritishgas Posts: 2,306 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    597money wrote: »
    Does anyone know how long it should take for the referral credit to appear in your Bulb account Payments and Statements after you have become a customer - I find no mention of it at all? Thanks
    It is credited as soon as the account is opened.
  • clk299
    clk299 Posts: 65 Forumite
    Options
    OK so it looks like for dual fuel with the £35 credit and £25 cashback through the cheap energy club you're better off doing that than going via a referral... I'm torn between going with Bulb and fixing my tariff with someone else :/
  • Thomas_Edison
    Thomas_Edison Posts: 148 Forumite
    Options
    Here's some useful info that might help, it looks like generally prices are dropping so not a bad time to go variable.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-gas-prices/sustained-low-british-gas-prices-point-to-price-cap-reduction-idUKKCN1S61XW
  • Dandytf
    Options
    colb15 wrote: »
    Would be interested to know what their online system is like as well. I'm currently with SO.Energy and found their website very user friendly and never had issues submitting meter readings.

My bulb switch is off to a nice fast start.
    Both meter readings are online. As advised by other mser's
    Looking forward to Sat11th-1st dd and new Customer.
  • grai
    grai Posts: 268 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I filled in the first name and address section of the switchover but when I ticked "yes I have a smart metre" this came up at the bottom
    "Bulb are unable to support existing smart meters on the tariff you've selected. If you already have a smart meter you will not be able to switch to this tariff."
    : (

I'm with utilia I have a feeling their small print has locked me in to staying with them
  • Kitchen_Sink
    Kitchen_Sink Posts: 230 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    grai wrote: »
    I filled in the first name and address section of the switchover but when I ticked "yes I have a smart metre" this came up at the bottom
    "Bulb are unable to support existing smart meters on the tariff you've selected. If you already have a smart meter you will not be able to switch to this tariff."
    : (

I'm with utilia I have a feeling their small print has locked me in to staying with them

Your thread from 2 months ago about this is here
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5973200

The replies already given seem to cover all eventualties I can think of based on the limited information you have provided.
    I suggest if still need help, you return to that thread, so people don't waste their time & effort duplicating the advice you have already received.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback