Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Martin
    • By MSE Martin 3rd Aug 05, 1:04 PM
    • 8,111Posts
    • 42,248Thanks
    MSE Martin
    0 WOW
    Get A Boots Meal-deal Every Day For 1.39!!!
    • 3rd Aug 05, 1:04 PM
    0 WOW
    Get A Boots Meal-deal Every Day For 1.39!!! 3rd Aug 05 at 1:04 PM
    Now most people are familiar with Boots Meal Deals. For 2.39 (or 2.70 in London) for the basic meal you get a bottle of drink, sandwich and packet of crisps.

There's one of Boots 'unpublished offers' going on at the moment. Go into any store which has a voucher machine (looks like an ATM cash machine, usually languishing unused in the corner, click here to find out where your nearest ones is). Put your Advantage card in and you can print off a voucher which gives 100 advantage card points off a meal deal, this is 1 worth of points (sometimes the vouchers are less and more, but 100 is the usual amount)

Then pay for your meal deal and you're effectively getting a pound off. Boots has confirmed this is available at least until 16 August and you can get one voucher per day!

For more info on playing the Boots treasure trove read this article

Martin

PS Smoothie lovers, if you go for the higher priced meal deal you can get an innocent smoothie with it and still get the 1 off - meaning you effectively get the whole meal deal for the price of the smoothie itself.
    Last edited by MSE Martin; 03-08-2005 at 2:52 PM.
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.

Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.

Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
Page 1
    • Little Miss Winner
    • By Little Miss Winner 3rd Aug 05, 1:09 PM
    • 4,006 Posts
    • 136,050 Thanks
    Little Miss Winner
    • 3rd Aug 05, 1:09 PM
    • 3rd Aug 05, 1:09 PM
    Mmmmmmmmm! Off to boots!
    • rangers_fc
    • By rangers_fc 3rd Aug 05, 1:14 PM
    • 355 Posts
    • 51 Thanks
    rangers_fc
    • 3rd Aug 05, 1:14 PM
    Meal Deal
    • 3rd Aug 05, 1:14 PM
    I may make use of this offer when I visit my local advantage card machine next Saturday unfortunately it to far away to go to every day, 110 miles,is this a collect points offer or a use points offer as I have a stack of points on my card at the moment. Can I use the voucher and still pay for the meal in points?
  • theadore
    • 3rd Aug 05, 2:05 PM
    • 3rd Aug 05, 2:05 PM
    voucher was for 25 points in Sheffield City Centre today... :confused:

(on a side not i managed to leave my card in the machine... went back less than a minute later and someone has swiped it... 8.46 down the drain... )
  • emujuice
    • 3rd Aug 05, 2:26 PM
    • 3rd Aug 05, 2:26 PM
    oh no! poor you!

I only ever get 25 points in any of the machines in Sheffield. I thought it was just me. i never got the mediteranian offer either. bah!
    do they have the big sign up, detailing the offers, in the High St branch? does it say 25 on that too?
    • one-non-blonde
    • By one-non-blonde 3rd Aug 05, 2:30 PM
    • 807 Posts
    • 504 Thanks
    one-non-blonde
    • 3rd Aug 05, 2:30 PM
    • 3rd Aug 05, 2:30 PM
    ...i managed to leave my card in the machine... went back less than a minute later and someone has swiped it... 8.46 down the drain...
    by theadore
    I'm pretty sure you can phone somewhere and get your card stopped and keep all your points. I'm really bad for leaving mine in the machine too... last time I had over 80 worth of points but thankfully some lovely person had given it to a sales assistant. Most people would never suspect that there is much value in one of these cards so you may be lucky if you phone the store and ask them if it's been handed in.

I'm just back from Boots and there were no points vouchers at all on my card. The number I've had has been steadily diminishing for weeks - it seems the more vouchers I use, the less they offer. :confused:
    If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor...
    • LilacLillie
    • By LilacLillie 3rd Aug 05, 4:45 PM
    • 2,889 Posts
    • 10,200 Thanks
    LilacLillie
    • 3rd Aug 05, 4:45 PM
    • 3rd Aug 05, 4:45 PM
    I have to go so far out of my way to use one of the machine
    Had a grumble the other day and an assistant told me that 'To have a machine, the store has to take over 25.000 a week'.
    That explains why my little local has no machine now.
    LL
    We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars........................

---------------------------------------------------
    • pscandrett
    • By pscandrett 3rd Aug 05, 4:47 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 27 Thanks
    pscandrett
    • 3rd Aug 05, 4:47 PM
    • 3rd Aug 05, 4:47 PM
    I regularly get 25 points off a meal deal.

I had an odd one the other day though. It was a 'free weigh on their BMI machine' thing. I printed the coupon and took it to the chemists' counter, as was required, to exchange it for a token to use in the machine. The thing is that they'd run out, so just gave me 30p instead! Needless to say I skipped the machine and pocketed the 30p :-)

I do get a little irritated that offers are 'customised' for individuals though - why should Fred get 100 points for one thing and Joe only get 25? Also, why do the machines insist on printing something when you enter a competition? What a waste of paper!
    • calleyw
    • By calleyw 3rd Aug 05, 4:54 PM
    • 8,905 Posts
    • 16,199 Thanks
    calleyw
    • 3rd Aug 05, 4:54 PM
    • 3rd Aug 05, 4:54 PM
    I have to go so far out of my way to use one of the machine
    Had a grumble the other day and an assistant told me that 'To have a machine, the store has to take over 25.000 a week'.
    That explains why my little local has no machine now.
    LL
    by LilacLillie

I e-mailed boots about this a few months ago as out of my 4 local boots one has a machine.

They never said an thing to me about a set turnover. But that they where trying to fit all stores with them one day. When one day will come around I just don't know. And a lot of the smaller shops have no space. And that is because they all now have photo developing in them.

Never mind.

Yours

Calley
    • lynnemcf
    • By lynnemcf 3rd Aug 05, 4:59 PM
    • 1,214 Posts
    • 994 Thanks
    lynnemcf
    I'm surprised Martin has chosen this as a tip. There is no guarantee of getting 100 points on a meal deal. I tried today on my card and my husband tried his card. I got nothing, husband got 50 points. We bought two meal deals they would only allow us one set of 50 points. The price on their sandwiches is ridiculously inflated. Netto sells chicken salad sandwiches for 89p.
    • biglugs
    • By biglugs 3rd Aug 05, 5:12 PM
    • 2,836 Posts
    • 894 Thanks
    biglugs
    Not many Nettos near Aylesbury but the machine had a 100 point mead deal offer in it when I checked yesterday.
    You don't get medals for sitting in the trenches.
    • bylromarha
    • By bylromarha 3rd Aug 05, 5:18 PM
    • 9,957 Posts
    • 13,247 Thanks
    bylromarha
    Only 25 points for me too...
    Who made hogs and dogs and frogs?
    • JoBatch80
    • By JoBatch80 3rd Aug 05, 5:43 PM
    • 2,135 Posts
    • 2,540 Thanks
    JoBatch80
    Sorry to hear you lost your card!

About 4 yrs ago, in my first year at uni, I was burgled and wallet went with it. Last year I get a call from uni saying they'd found my purse, and I was a bit confused so went to pick it up anyway. Turned out my wallet had been thrown away as it had no cash in it, and my boots card was untouched, with my 10 in points still on it. I now have another purse that insurance paid out on years ago! I was quite pleased tbh.

Your card might turn up - someone may have handed it in to a till and the staff might have not known about it yet.

Jo xx
    Once you've swam in the sea, a lake will no longer do.
  • advantage_card
    i want a meal deal, but to get one safley now a days involves paying approximately 8 in taxis, grrrrr.

And don't get me started on the impossible to see advantage bonus machine. we DO have them but to me they are useless. i emailed them about this and all they do was give me their apologies. so another email has gone to them not nasty but a bit more whingy about it and see if we will get any further.

Never mind - lack of Meal Deals means going to caffs and having frothy coffess instead LOL.
    my advantage_card is like gold dush
    • deanos
    • By deanos 3rd Aug 05, 7:05 PM
    • 10,854 Posts
    • 5,566 Thanks
    deanos
    The amount of bonus points depends on what you buy and spending habbits i got 50 the other day and 25 today there is no guarantee of 100 points at all
    • juno
    • By juno 3rd Aug 05, 7:16 PM
    • 6,436 Posts
    • 9,153 Thanks
    juno
    My fiance had a 150 points coupon, so we printed 2 and each bought one! And then later he had a free meal deal with the points

I can only have the more expensive meal deals though
    Murphy's No More Pies Club #209

Total debt 4578.27 0.00
    100% paid off

• jaymac
    If I get anything it's 25 points; my OH gets 150 on a meal deal but today neither of us got any at all.
    It seems that the offers you get depend on the machine as well as the store. Yesterday one machine offered me quite good points ...but it had no paper to print on so i went to another machine only to be offered different - and not as good deals.
    • Swattie
    • By Swattie 3rd Aug 05, 7:50 PM
    • 714 Posts
    • 335 Thanks
    Swattie
    For those of you who leave their cards in the machine - the machine normally keeps them unless someone's really quick. The store supervisors can open the machines and get your cards for you.

Always either go back to the store or phone - I've recovered my card 3 times so far - I get so excited getting vouchers I forget all about my card.
  • daysleeper23
    The machine in Manchester Fort only gave me 25 points last week, but it also had a 100 points if you spend over 15 - brilliant because all my usual shower gel and hairspray was on BOGOF.
    I was also daft enough to leave my card in the machine a couple of months ago, and it had anout 45 on it. Reported it straight away (there's a number on the back of the receipts) and had a new one within a week. But when I next used it there was only 8 left! Another phone call revealed someone had used my points within 20 minutes of finding it, but Boots have since credited me in full. Top marks to them.
    • Choccyholic
    • By Choccyholic 3rd Aug 05, 8:52 PM
    • 221 Posts
    • 91 Thanks
    Choccyholic
    My card in my Maiden name still works and I find it does give different offers to my new card I use all the time. I can print vouchers from one card and hand over the other at the counter.

I've also found my old card useful when I returned something which I'd earnt 200 points on my new card. I handed over my old card which only had 46p on, so that was all she could take for the refund!

Order a card for the dog and see what offers he gets!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,324Posts Today

8,156Users online

Martin's Twitter