PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

2019 - A Clutter Free Life

Options

Comments

• Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,323 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    It's been a busy few days with decorators in and DH off work sick but I think the worst of it's over and a bit of decluttering has happened.

2 plastic bags, a pot of conkers, the base of a cake carrier that got missed when the top was decluttered, a mayo jar, six assorted jar lids (without jars), 4 erasers, a box, half a bag of greenish potatoes and 2 bags of very old sweet chestnuts - the last two have been donated to the compost heap.

Oh, and a ceiling! Admittedly only the ceiling of a bay window that had been warped by incoming rain many moons ago, but the new flat ceiling is a definite improvement and I may never again have the opportunity to say I've decluttered a ceiling. :)

I'm not counting all the wallpaper that's gone as we've replaced it but the room looks miles better even though it's not painted yet.

Total so far this year 497 - slightly behind target I think but there's time to catch up yet.
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons, dress 7 coupons = 12/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    A_Frayed_Knot Posts: 3,296 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    So, eventually got to the pantry and went through everything, looks nice and tidy now :j

Decluttered (not all from the gory hole)
    2 paint brushes - binned
    3 empty pks glue - binned
    2 scourers - binned
    1 large 1/2 full grout - binned
    1 & 1/2 boxes tiles
    3 empty boxes - binned
    1 foot scrubber - binned
    1 ashtray
    1 shoe rack
    2 fluffy dusters
    1 glitter hold back
    4 tea lights
    1 BP monitor - binned
    1 banana - binned2 pkts rice
    1 pkt noodles
    3 plastic containers
    and
    1 mouse :eek: not "that" kind - the one you use on your laptop :p :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    I am very happy with how it looks now, it's lovely to open a cupboard or drawer to find it
    all neat and tidy with space :D Still a couple of things to do in the kitchen, but nearly there,
    tomorrow should finish it. :j
    Always have 00.00 at the end of your mortgage and one day it will all be 0's :dance:
    MF[STRIKE] March 2030[/STRIKE] Yes that does say 2030 :eek: Mortgage Free 21.12.18 _party_
    Now a Part Timer from 27.10.19
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    1. SMALL TASKS WILL BE DONE ASAP
    2. I WILL LEAVE A ROOM TIDIER THAN WHEN I ENTERED
    3. KITCHEN WILL BE LEFT CLEAN & TIDY EVERY NIGHT
    4. WHEN DEALING WITH CLUTTER I WILL USE ‘Daisy1571’s idea of ‘WHAT WOULD I DO WITH THIS ITEM IF IT WAS SOMEONE ELSE’S ?’
    5. IF I WAS STARTING FROM SCRATCH, WOULD I BUY THIS?
    6. BE LIKE A POSTAGE STAMP - STICK TO ONE THING UNTIL YOU GET THERE

Had a great time on Wednesday - it stayed dry but even with the sun out it was a bit chilly. We all decluttered lots of pennies - the clipper trips up & down the Thames are quite expensive compared to bus or tube - but so much more pleasant & we got to see a sailing ship :)
    Spent a small fortune in Borough Market :eek: Fish & chips for a late lunch - DH & I enjoyed ours, but typically DSis’s fish was slightly over cooked & she didn’t enjoy it much - but at least she enjoyed having something to whinge about ;) Pub visit to use the facilities - my pint was very drinkable, DH’s was OK & DSis life fed her hot chocolate :D Grazed when we got home as we were still quite full ;)
    Thursday has been another dry & sunny day but with a chill wind. However did 2 loads of washing & line dried : ) Walked to the P.O. & posted the Easter Eggs then bus to sm. DH relocated the water tap in the garage, put up the last of the ‘gangs’ & sorted 2 boxes of tools, screws etc. He also gave the back garden a high cut. Hm soup for lunch & Lincolnshire sausages (from the Market), with mash, fried onions & chopped tomatoes. They were very large sausages & soooo tasty :drool:

945 - 946 Empty beer can, newspaper - Recycled
    947 - 948 Bag of general detritus from garage, various bits of metal (Tip) - Binned

I am going to be VERY VERY LAZY with my cheerleading :p

Well Done EVERYONE - keeping the clutter moving outwards :T

I do have to say a huge thank you ☺️ to Fire Fox for the “Making Me Smile” link. It was so uplifting - watched it several times :rotfl: & then I moved onto flash mob RiverDance & Random Acts of Kindness.

Friday I am meeting a couple of friends for lunch & a good old chinwag :D - so no decluttering apart from pennies (although I will bank my March & April Premium Bond wins)

Keep up the good work everyone - you are putting me to shame ;)

MrsSD
    948/2019
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £228.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £50.00; July £62.00; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • Barny1979
    Barny1979 Posts: 7,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Barny1979 wrote: »
    291. Carpet to tip
    292. Cardboard to tip
    293. Garden tree cuttings to tip

294-297. Cardboard boxes in recycling bin
    298. Tree cuttings into green bin
  • Marpau
    Marpau Posts: 133 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    New carpet laid yesterday all trimmings into bin and not kept for Justin!
    Only returned items that should be in the rooms now have 2 completely tidy decluttered rooms I'm so happy just need to keep them like this.
    2 items sold
    1 large bag to cs.
    All empty paint tins binned and brushes etc returned to their proper place in the garage.
    🏅 x 1
    🌟 
    Declutter 150/2022
    Treat jar £92.63

• Fire_Fox
    Fire_Fox Posts: 26,026 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 12 April 2019 at 9:42PM
    Options
    Decluttering: Last third of the chicken tagine-esque affair into my belly. Second pack of YS stir fry veg and leftover portion of YS fish from the freezer into my belly.

Recluttering: Top-up food shop put off for the last few days ... done. Tried to stick to fruit and veg that I actually have plans for -
    thought of you Greenbee :) - three fresh and four frozen.

'Urgent' wine run later on: came back with eight YS red onions (7p each, 1kg total) that I do not need but will use. Probably will always be a declutterbug-in-progress! :o

Mrs Salad Dodger I always watch it several times too, and sing along tunelessly (pity my little cat). :rotfl:
    Declutterbug-in-progress.⭐️⭐️⭐️ ⭐️⭐️
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    1. SMALL TASKS WILL BE DONE ASAP
    2. I WILL LEAVE A ROOM TIDIER THAN WHEN I ENTERED
    3. KITCHEN WILL BE LEFT CLEAN & TIDY EVERY NIGHT
    4. WHEN DEALING WITH CLUTTER I WILL USE ‘Daisy1571’s idea of ‘WHAT WOULD I DO WITH THIS ITEM IF IT WAS SOMEONE ELSE’S ?’
    5. IF I WAS STARTING FROM SCRATCH, WOULD I BUY THIS?
    6. BE LIKE A POSTAGE STAMP - STICK TO ONE THING UNTIL YOU GET THERE

Friday was yet another dry & mostly sunny day but still rather cold for April. Banked my cheques, got some cash & then Met my friends for lunch & a good old chinwag :D We hadn’t seen each other since well before Christmas, so we had plenty to catch up on :D
    Whilst I was out, DH gave the back lawn a second cut & went out & bought a mixed veg Grow Bag - lettuce, tomatoes, chillies & red peppers. DSis went to P.O. & sent parcel to her son & then on to sm for a small shop. Poached eggs on toast for dinner.

949 - 951 Three newspapers read - Recycled

Well Done Barny1979 - almost through the 300 :T

Absolutely brilliant Marpau :T Two pristine rooms :T Do you keep popping in & admiring your handiwork :rotfl:

Fire Fox - I like that “a declutterbug-in-progress” brought a huge grin to my face :D

Saturday will be back in the garage helping DH ;)

MrsSD
    951/2019
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £228.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £50.00; July £62.00; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • chupachups4
    chupachups4 Posts: 156 Forumite
    Options
    Good Morning

1101-1103: 3 cardboard, recycling bin
    1104-1115: 12 bottles of wine, past their best, emptied and recycling
    1116-1127: 12 craft magazines, recycling bin
    11128-1131: a bag of plastic bag and 3 panties to school
    1132-1141:4 cardigans, 4 dresses, 1 pyjama, 1 outfit, sold, 43 euros in the travel pot

listed 29 items

quite happy with the "real" decluttering done
    1st goal: 0/936 euros
    2nd goal: 0/15160 euros
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    A_Frayed_Knot Posts: 3,296 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning all, another lovely sunny morning but cool.

Managed another 2 drawers yesterday,
    2 large kitchen knives -CS
    3 coasters - CS
    1 bag rubbish
    1 large bag - paper recycled

8 items listed and doing a washing just now to get out early(ish). Still got the ironing to declutter,
    which will need to be done very soon.
    Always have 00.00 at the end of your mortgage and one day it will all be 0's :dance:
    MF[STRIKE] March 2030[/STRIKE] Yes that does say 2030 :eek: Mortgage Free 21.12.18 _party_
    Now a Part Timer from 27.10.19
  • dollypeeps
    dollypeeps Posts: 239 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good morning everyone and what a smashing morning it is!!!

No decluttering for me yesterday unfortunately unless you can count the recycling/binning of the wrappers from the SM shop...

I was busy on the April grocery thread though.....watching my budget ...counting the pennies and making sure we are (almost) on track with the budget.....I'm a newbie on there too....

So I suppose you could say I decluttering my purse somewhat too!!!

Still at 24
    Grocery spends £193.44/ £70 per week or £303 per month
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills