<<<out of cheese error>>>

Options

Comments

• lonelyrat
    Options
    Chocolate mousse sounds lovely :o Will be having a go! I wish I was a better cook.. I'm quite rubbish but also quite a picky eater so not sure if I'm just rubbish as I never try anything new.

Absolute rubbish about the Turkey. A defensive response is really poor customer service. Word of mouth is so important, companies really need to try harder to make up for mistakes. Grumble grumble!
    Total Debt : ?? / ??
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Many years ago when I was 10 or so (some, many, lots) a lovely lady came to school and did a cooking demonstration. That was what set me off wanting to be able to cook properly. One of the things she made was a simple chocolate mousse and I always wanted to try making it. Anyway, I wanted to make a pudding yesterday that we could all eat, and I remembered that demonstration. Isn't it funny how these things stay with you?
    Lovely recipe especially as I can make it without an oven.
    It's funny how we are all influencers at different times in our lives and we have no idea when. I bet that lovely lady had no idea you would be sharing her recipe years later :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • redofromstart
    Options
    Lonely rat, I didn't really cook much till I was 30 and on mat leave. Always been a picky eater, and tended to live on junk. Didn't want to pass that onto the boys. DS2 is just as bad as me sadly.

DIA I do like to think how many touring demos go on in schools that inspire people. Fond memories of authors and poets, musicians and artists. I was always a reader and I got so much out of those visits. I even vaguely remember some footballer or another (Keegan maybe?) who was politely tolerated in a Rugby League playing town.

I've been on a use up the veg drawer mission so tonight was pot roast beef with various veg, and a cobbled together onion and leek gratin in a cheese sauce. V nice if I do say so myself.
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    Yummy chocolate mousse! I shall definitely keep this recipe redo - it doesn't appear hugely calorific if you omit the optional cream.

Interesting that you had all those touring demos visiting your school - I can't remember any visiting my school - or maybe my dementia is settling in again!:D
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • redofromstart
    Options
    I think Authors visiting schools was something organised by the county in those days, now it's more up to individual schools to decide if they can justify it from their budget which is tragic really. Diana Wynne Jones (my favourite 'childrens' author) credits a chance conversation with a child at one of those school events for the idea of the multi dimensional castle in 'Howls Moving Castle' which is one of my favourite books.

MrW delivered this morning, one of those money off vouchers, combined with the offers and cash back from the bank that made them economically viable. Still have nothing in for dinner, obviously. Is it just me who does that?

I've read parsnipheads comments about decluttering and Seasidegal on the 31 day clean stuff and thinking I really must get off my backside and crack on. It's too easy to just let life slide past all of the time.
  • natsplatnat
    natsplatnat Posts: 3,033 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Nice blankets and pets are generally not a good mix. Cats in particular will always sit on something, no matter how small it is folded.=QUOTE]

Oh mine are quite happy to avoid the fleeces on both beds and lay directly on my (currently white) duvet covers.... both cats are black!! And they have both decided over the weekend they no longer like 2 flavours of the multipacks of (4 flavour) pouches they have been eating for a year or so... Fickle creatures!!
    start = Wed 19th Nov 2008 £21,225
    end = Mon 28th Sept 2015 DEBT FREE!
    I love a good plan - it may not work.... but I love a good plan!
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,146 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    MrW delivered this morning, one of those money off vouchers, combined with the offers and cash back from the bank that made them economically viable. Still have nothing in for dinner, obviously. Is it just me who does that?
    Nope. That's because you order ingredients, not pre-prepared meals. So it requires effort. i'm thinking dried cranberries and cooking chocolate tonight... however, I think I've finally got W to sort out my account, which was on my old email address and couldn't be changed, so I might actually be able to use them for deliveries again.
    I've read parsnipheads comments about decluttering and Seasidegal on the 31 day clean stuff and thinking I really must get off my backside and crack on. It's too easy to just let life slide past all of the time.

I'm getting less precious about binning stuff. The space has more value in terms of both the overhead in keeping it clean and the mental benefit of having a space to live in that isn't depressing...
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    "The space has more value in terms of both the overhead in keeping it clean and the mental benefit of having a space to live in that isn't depressing."

I do very much agree with this, space is a very valuable commodity physically and for your mental health.

The chocolate mousse sounds lovely, if only I wasn't too lazy to make it :rotfl:
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • lonelyrat
    Options
    Hmm... I'm 28 so I've got two years to get myself sorted :rotfl: Am going to make a conscious effort to try and cook more/ have a repertoire of relatively healthy meals I can make well. Will have a nosey back through your diary to find some for inspo ;)
    The space has more value in terms of both the overhead in keeping it clean and the mental benefit of having a space to live in that isn't depressing.

Going to have a shuffle through all my "stuff" soon and keep this in mind. Very wise Greenbee!
    Total Debt : ?? / ??
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    greenbee wrote: »

I'm getting less precious about binning stuff. The space has more value in terms of both the overhead in keeping it clean and the mental benefit of having a space to live in that isn't depressing...

Got to agree wholeheartedly with this. I can't really relax if everything is cluttered. Mind you the cleaning/organising project went belly-up yesterday as I went to bed early when I got in from work!:o
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business