What small DFW things will you do w/c 8th October?

Comments

• DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 12 October 2018 at 9:38PM
    Morning all :)
    Didn't have a great night, but determined to make the most of today :)
    I feel the need for fresh air and exercise, so will brave the wind and rain and walk to the post office and back (just a couple of miles), to post an ebay item that should go today. Wet, windy walk, but why not?

Also need to:
    Get something out of freezer for dinner tonight - thinking beef strips, will do a stir fry with some of the veg I bought yesterday :)Done, very healthy (possibly a bit too much so for DH :rotfl:)
    Not intending any spends today, ebay postage will be paid via business account (and buyer pays for it anyway) Stocked up on more tissues, and bought a shampoo bar for DD2, so didn't manage a NSD :o
    Fridge stuff for lunch Done, I have at last finished the avocado hummus :T
    Check banks and update spreadsheet. I am ridiculously proud of this, as I have tracked every spend since 1 January :j This includes all bills, groceries, everything. The only grey area is OH's spends, but of these the bigger ones are paid by card (can see these when I check the bank statement) and as for his frittering, I just count the money he gets from the cashpoint and record it as cash spent under his name. This covers most of it, as I know he wouldn't bother / remember to record everything. I am quite shocked by the amount we have got through though :eek: It has been an expensive year due to helping kids out, illness, vehicle repairs and various other things. But watching the small things definitely helps - it would be a lot worse if I didn't! Now done

Paperwork for business, just printed off accounts etc for last month Now done
    Write to aunt Still to do, though I am going to take my note pad upstairs for when I inevitably can't sleep due to coughing and wheezing, and do it then!

Received a £5 shopping voucher from RM surveys for the recent Correctly Delivered survey :)

Did a couple of online surveys

And if I get anything else done with this rotten cold, it will be a bonus :)
    Ran out of steam a bit after my walk - spent most of the afternoon looking at handbag p0rn online - my insatiable quest for the perfect handbag :rotfl:Didn't buy one though!
  • Morning,

I'll post a quick update regarding yesterday's to do list.
    [STRIKE]- Write out card for wedding and pop money into it.[/STRIKE] I wrote out the card and added money as a gift. I wasn't sure how much to put in but I figured because I've spent so much this year on the wedding already, they'll understand. They are the type of people who would much prefer your presence, rather then presents and don't expect much. The day is about them, everything else doesn't matter.

[STRIKE]- Visit my friend and her new baby. [[/STRIKE]I]I went to my friends for the afternoon and had lots of newborn baby cuddles. My friend absolutely loved the gifts.[/I]

[STRIKE]- Put away some of my ironing. [/STRIKE]I put all my ironing away and my room looks much better now! However I also went through my wardrobe and got rid of any clothes I dont want, ready to go to the charity shop. I've also got some old work uniforms which I'm going to dispose of. My wardrobe looks much better. I'll sort it out and organise it properly next week. There were items I haven't worn for years and always said I'd keep them just in case I lost the weight- well I haven't so far so once I do get back in the game and lose some weight, I'll just treat myself to some new well fitting clothes.

[STRIKE]- Go to the dentist.[/STRIKE] I went to the dentist yesterday. The boys teeth were spot on! I just need a little work doing to a tooth that's been chipped. I'll pay for this privately as I get discount and what I want isn't offered on the NHS. However the good news is that due to me being with the practice so long as a private patient, they are happy to transfer me over to an NHS patient which is what I wanted. Then if I do want any further work done down the line, I'll just pay private as I trust my dentist and his judgement/work. I'll just put the cost onto my 0%
    card and chip away at it each month. It doesn't feel like a blow to my funds then.

[STRIKE]- Pick my sister up from her inlaws. [/STRIKE]We picked my sister and her partner up last night. It wasn't too bad of a journey apart from heavy rain/poor visibility on the way there. However we did take the wrong slip round and ended up going down a route where road works were going on :o. It was indeed a laugh. My sister gave my friend petrol money so all is well in that sense and we finally brought everything home ready for the wedding!

I've had a rather busy start to the day. The boy had an early ice skating lesson so we were out the door super early! I then dropped him at school and nipped to argos to buy myself something I need and also got some new pyjamas from the supermarket. I wanted a nice pair for this weekend and they were a good price :rotfl:.. so all in all, a rather spendy morning. I've sorted out all my online banking and aligned each fund up.

I'm now having a rest, but I still have a lot to do to be honest. I'm taking it one step at a time and just doing the important bits. Everything else can wait till next week.

- Put clothes into charity bags and put other bits away. This should be a quick fifteen minute job.

- Sort through my socks/underwear drawers and make them tidy. I'll spare ten minutes to do this.

- Sort through my makeup/toiletries and get rid of what I don't want. I'll spare twenty minutes to this and organise as I go along. I need a good clear out so I can see what I've got.

- Plan and pack a bag for this weekend. I shall write a list and spare half an hour to this making sure I don't forget anything.

- Give myself some TLC ready for the weekend. I will do what I can at home and then the rest once we are settled in the hotel.

- Sort out the money in my purse. This will take me ten minutes at most. I just need to seperate what money I have for the wedding and what money I had left beforehand.

- Pick the boy up from school and get him changed. I am picking him up early from school so we can set off earlier.

- Drive to the destination. I am hoping to set off by 4pm at the latest. Hopefully I will avoid traffic.

- Go for a meal tonight. I will use money from my entertainment fund to cover this as I hadn't thought about it beforehand.

- If I have time, fill in a form for the boy for an extra curricular activity he is interested in. This isn't that important and it depends if my laptop will let me fill it out as it is a word document. I just need to fill it in and send it off.
    It should only take ten minutes.

I best crack on really! I'm just having some breathing space before I tackle everything head on.
    Chandelier.
    Current Debt Repaid:
    £104/£619.

Check out my Diary
    :D
  • 1LuckyLady
    1LuckyLady Posts: 1,206 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Afternoon all,

Dawn, hope you are feeling better after you're windy walk.
    Clf, I hope youre feeling better too.

Not a lot from me today
    * gym done and refilled water bottle :)
    * breakfast fridge use up brunch :)
    * take ds2 & a friend to the library after school whilst we wait for ds1 & friend to finish an after school club
    * pizza at home with the kids rather then out for a Mcd's as I would used to have done
    * after taking the ds's friends home, I think a comedy dvd and cuddles with dh would be a good idea, its been a stressful week and we defintely need some time together and laughing is good for the soul.

Thinking of those of us with stressful times at the minute, Foxgloves, I hope you're doing ok and CCl you're another week closer to half term.
    Sticking with the "Small things" thread to keep up us on the straight and narrow.
  • Morning all :hello: :coffee:
    Thanks for thinking of me 1LL - I'm ok - just incredibly busy at the moment. I will be fine because I always am.
    I was too tired for anything by the time I got home last night. DS has his swimming lesson after school on a Friday and then I dragged him to Mr S to do the shopping (as it was close to the pool). Was after 6 when we got home so I just sat and watched a bit of tv rather than picking up schoolwork etc.
    I've already been out this morning and finished the shopping at Liddle - was quite disappointed this morning to be honest. Lots of stuff I usually get there wasn't available. Shame because I quite like shopping there as it's such good value.
    Other plans for the day - I need to catch up with bestie, it's been a fortnight.
    Some school work
    Tidy round, hoover, stay on top of washing.
    Relax as much as I can because it's been a long week.
    I've gotten up this morning and just thought that the house is an absolute state so I think I'll be working on that in between other things.
    Have a good day all, and stay safe if you're caught up in Storm Callum.
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Afternoon all :)
    Heavy rain and wind yesterday and overnight, but warm (though windy) now, just a bit annoyed that I haven't done any washing as it is ideal drying weather! Got up quite late (for me) this morning, still sleeping in the loft conversion to avoid waking OH with my coughing. It is remarkably quiet up there. Cold is much better, just the cough is annoying when it starts. We are supposed to be going out later to a charity thing, and I think if I can avoid coughing I will go. I cough due to being asthmatic and any respiratory thing sets it off, as opposed to it being something others would catch.

Today's small things:
    Washed hair and left to dry naturally - not sure how moneysaving that was, as I used the shower in the loft conversion ensuite for a change, and discovered that the shower hose is split and needs to be replaced :( Must do this.
    DD2 came round with kids, and I entertained them for free :)

Used up eggs, the last of the kale, a bendy pepper and some mushrooms in a frittata I made for lunch. Added some parmesan and a few chopped up bits of the chorizo mountain (bought several a couple of weeks ago, as Lidl had them on offer, they keep for ages in the fridge, and are so handy when I can't think of what to make for dinner / want something different). GD had a cheese sandwich and an apple, and baby GS had food his mum brought with them, so everyone was fed without any additional spends :)

Now got to get clothes ready for the charity thing - it isn't too late, thank goodness. Hoping to meet up with DD1 and family, and some friends there, so hopefully it will be a nice evening :) It includes a charity auction, so just need to avoid OH bidding on too many of the lots :eek:
  • 1LuckyLady
    1LuckyLady Posts: 1,206 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Hi all, late check in from me as I wasn't well through the night so am surviving on about 3 1/2hrs sleep today.

We've not been out of the house all day so no money spent at least.
    Small things wise we've
    * eaten from stores
    * made melting moments biscuits for dessert
    * helped kids make banana & peanut butter muffins to keep the off their games consoles for a while! will freeze and use in lunch boxes in the week
    * watched a film from our stash (ok I say I watched, I tried to follow the story but still couldn't tell you what it was about.
    * had email saying credit card statement was available, decided to add the details into my spreadsheet and found that the spreadsheet is corrupted :eek: so frustrating as I'd had in my bullet journal this week to back it up :( will have to go back to September's sheet and restart October but it could be worse.

Will definietly be a spendy day tomorrow as ds needs new football boots for school as he's outgrown his current ones and needs a waterproof coat for school too.

Fingers crossed for a better nights sleep tonight and hugs to all those who need them at the minute.
    Sticking with the "Small things" thread to keep up us on the straight and narrow.
  • 1LuckyLady wrote: »
    Hi all, late check in from me as I wasn't well through the night so am surviving on about 3 1/2hrs sleep today.

We've not been out of the house all day so no money spent at least.
    Small things wise we've
    * eaten from stores
    * made melting moments biscuits for dessert
    * helped kids make banana & peanut butter muffins to keep the off their games consoles for a while! will freeze and use in lunch boxes in the week
    * watched a film from our stash (ok I say I watched, I tried to follow the story but still couldn't tell you what it was about.
    * had email saying credit card statement was available, decided to add the details into my spreadsheet and found that the spreadsheet is corrupted :eek: so frustrating as I'd had in my bullet journal this week to back it up :( will have to go back to September's sheet and restart October but it could be worse.

Will definietly be a spendy day tomorrow as ds needs new football boots for school as he's outgrown his current ones and needs a waterproof coat for school too.

Fingers crossed for a better nights sleep tonight and hugs to all those who need them at the minute.

Hope you feel better, get a good nights sleep and the storm isn't too bad near you. Stay safe.
  • determined_new_ms
    determined_new_ms Posts: 7,825 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 14 October 2018 at 8:54AM
    Morning guys :D was quiet here yesterday! Whoop just got through my 4 day stint at work. Now have 5 days off :D I had a weird thing last night where I came over feeling dizzy and weird and I ended up passing out and being completely out of it when I wasn't passed out, vomited, then when I came round felt weak and just retched :eek: Weird, feel fine today.

Given that think I'll take today fairly easy!

Have just booked a MOT from Halfords offer in newsletter. MOT for £1.99 :T

Take pup for walk. Set to rain mid morning so should prob do that quite soon

Cook gammon joint - will be a couple of meals and lunches
    :money:

don't think there's anything I need so hopefully will be a NSD...

reading/knitting/cutting out quilt fabric for entertainment

maybe bake some muffins with madam - thanks for the idea 1LL! :D

usual tidying/cleaning

watching a dog training video and practising getting my dog under control!

Ok that'll do me! Happy Sunday guys :A
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I had a weird thing last night where I came over feeling dizzy and weird and I ended up passing out and being completely out of it when I wasn't passed out, vomited, then when I came round felt weak and just retched :eek: Weird, feel fine today.

Oh Great Smurf! Take care of yourself and maybe get your blood sugars checked. Could have been a hypo.
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    merida88 wrote: »
    M
    Oooh oooh update to add - I *think* I might have been successful in my washing machine fiddling :j

A woman after my own heart.
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure